Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:35:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: photos of our first full size Chaos in Carpathia game  (Read 14454 times)

Offline ZenWired

• Librarian
    • A Rust Monster Ate My Sword
Re: photos of our first full size Chaos in Carpathia game
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 02:26:57 PM »
I may go for a compromise in the end - an opening shot of each report in black and white, and then colour photos throughout showing the action.  We'll see.

As others have said, the beauty of your minis and terrain really deserves to be presented in all of its colorful glory IMO.  :D
My RPG blog: A Rust Monster Ate My Sword
My miniatures gaming blog: A Hard Won Thing

"You fool, Warren is DEAD!"

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2010, 07:40:07 PM »
And remember: Universal Studios may have been moody back and white, but Hammer Horror was all lurid colour!
Back from the dead, almost.

Offline Grimm

• Two-time LPL Champion (Season 2 and 3) Supporting Adventurer
  • The Colonial Tales Winner
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Grimms-Hangar on Facebook
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2010, 07:55:23 PM »
OH ! I realy realy like it ,Thanks a lot
Grimm
ttps://www.facebook.com/pages/Grimms-Hangar/196455560521708

Offline abhorsen950

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 04:03:10 PM »
Excellent in black and white and Excellent in colour really great stuff.

Steve

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2010, 04:37:25 PM »
I would always prefer colour pics. Your terrain and figs are splendid, and I want to drewl over them, not just imagine what they look like in real life  ;)

MORE, please!  :D

I have CiC, and am planning to play the game - and posts like yours really help spurring me on.
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline jet

• Mad Scientist
    • Geektactica
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 12:50:01 AM »
Thanks for the kind words gents.  Just to keep you updated, we will be starting the official campaign this weekend or the following week.

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2010, 07:27:37 PM »
where did you get the buildings used in this game from?

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2010, 01:43:44 PM »
I may go for a compromise in the end - an opening shot of each report in black and white, and then colour photos throughout showing the action.  We'll see.

I tend to think this is, indeed, the solution; picking which image to give that atmosphere, perhaps with a bit of nudging to increase contrast or darkening to heighten the drama, may be an unreasonable challenge to suggest, but I'd think worth the effort. Anyway, you knew no good deed goes unpunished.

Your work is brilliant already, mind you; I'm hardly the first to suggest such.  ;)

Of course, if you were TRULY also going in the Hammer tradition, the colours would be so saturated as to be almost painful.  lol

Doug

Offline jet

• Mad Scientist
    • Geektactica
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2010, 02:13:58 PM »
The buildings are from Hovels in the UK. It's their Eastern European range: http://www.hovelsltd.co.uk/easterneuro25.htm

I really love my Hovels buildings, but a little friendly advice. When mine arrived in the mail there were a lot of resin clumps in windows and between some of the logs. It took a few hours with a dremel tool to clean it all out and a little green stuffing to fix up the dremelled areas. In the end (despite my complaining) it was worth the effort, but compared to, say, Armorcast's terrain (which is pristinely cast) the condition of the Hovel's buildings was quite a surprise when the package arrived in the mail.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2010, 02:38:18 PM »
The buildings are from Hovels in the UK. It's their Eastern European range: http://www.hovelsltd.co.uk/easterneuro25.htm

I really love my Hovels buildings, but a little friendly advice. When mine arrived in the mail there were a lot of resin clumps in windows and between some of the logs. It took a few hours with a dremel tool to clean it all out and a little green stuffing to fix up the dremelled areas. In the end (despite my complaining) it was worth the effort, but compared to, say, Armorcast's terrain (which is pristinely cast) the condition of the Hovel's buildings was quite a surprise when the package arrived in the mail.

Yep same for me and I got mine and that was at least ten years ago. I think sadly they are very old moulds and have suffered. :?
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Flashman14

• Scientist
    • One of My Men Became Restless
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2010, 11:56:50 PM »
oooh! Yeah color is better imo . .looking at your blog entries on CiC: very cool stuff ...
"One of My Men Became Restless" focuses on 15mm Horse & Musket periods and 25mm Horse & Musket, Fantasy, Horror and Victorian everything! Occasionally there'll be stuff of related interest but it's mostly a painters blog.  See it all here: http://flashman14.blogspot.com/

Offline Dr Hackenbush

• Lurker
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2010, 08:17:52 PM »
I just love your games. The scenery, continuing story lines and photos have inspired me and friend to follow in your footsteps in playing CiC. We have bought the rules and the West Wind figures and are working our way to some games in the new year. Hopefully we will have some pictures to post when we get the games up and running. Keep up your postings of your games ! :) :)

Offline BunkerMonkey

• Librarian
  • Professional Slacker
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2015, 12:58:20 AM »
Can't believe I just got around to commenting on this! Great looking game. Top notch scenery and minis. As everyone else has said, the B&W photography is an excellent touch!

This is the kind of article that always gets me inspired to game. Despite fifty other projects on my list, I've begun adding  new minis to my Gothic Horror collection. I sneak one or two in between painting sessions for customers.

Gonna have to see if I can't meet up with you guys somewhere and get in a game (or three!).
"Fasten your seat belt. I wanna try something..."

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2015, 12:21:33 PM »
Can't believe I just got around to commenting on this! Great looking game. Top notch scenery and minis. As everyone else has said, the B&W photography is an excellent touch!

This is the kind of article that always gets me inspired to game. Despite fifty other projects on my list, I've begun adding  new minis to my Gothic Horror collection. I sneak one or two in between painting sessions for customers.

Gonna have to see if I can't meet up with you guys somewhere and get in a game (or three!).

Have you seen his old west thread? It's a classic too!

Offline Hombre

• Scientist
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2015, 03:28:53 PM »
Thats cool, nice to see the good old Chaos in Carpathia stuff again.

I missed your AARs, still playing this classic game with my girlfriend and we have lot of fun!