Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:42:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Zombie Tank & Witches  (Read 6141 times)

Offline warrenss2

• Mad Scientist
Zombie Tank & Witches
« on: March 21, 2010, 08:01:10 PM »
I'm looking for some recommendations (and links) for some 28mm there-about-range for AKULA's Total AR:SE game... mostly for the Tanks and Witches.

Tanks are large hulkish zombies that the virus had mutated into undead behemoths of tough undead fury.

Witches are undead that, when you disturb them, they wail and screech, to attract most of the other zeds on the gaming table.

Any suggestions out there?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 08:08:44 PM by warrenss2 »
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

Offline Lordblackwing

• Scientist
Re: Zombie Tank & Witches
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 08:11:07 PM »
The AC57 mutant comes to mind along with some of the larger Scalies from Necromunda might make good Tanks. Also check Reaper and Heroclix for convertable minis. For witches, I would say the Hasslefree "Zombie Suzi" would work, and again check Clix for good sources. Sorry for no links, just woke up and feeling lazy. :D
A fellow follower of the Lead Mountain

Offline Mr. Burning

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 08:13:51 PM »
darn I was going to suggest 'munda scalies!

Would ogryns or ogres be too big?

Offline Spong

• Bookworm
  • We can't stop here...
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 09:04:51 PM »
There were some specific Tanks made for the Frothers Unite competition and they had a limited production run, I don't think they're selling them any more but you could have a look on ebay or scour trade forums.

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 09:15:30 PM »
Any GW Banshee will pass for the witches, I think.

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 09:47:51 PM »

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 10:01:11 PM »
I converted a Heresy Scumbore the Ogre, chopped off the mace and moved the head lower into the chest

http://www.heresyminiatures.com/hm017.htm

Offline warrenss2

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 12:24:16 AM »
"There were some specific Tanks made for the Frothers Unite competition and they had a limited production run, I don't think they're selling them any more..."  :'(

But I also really like the other suggestions too!!!

Thanks, everyone!!!

---- Wonder if I could convert that Hersey mini to be holding a stopsign?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 12:34:27 AM by warrenss2 »

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 08:20:05 AM »

One of my Tanks and some Witches and Hunters are HERE.  There are another couple of my Tanks HERE although those guys were painted to a lower standard.

The defining characteristic of the Witch seems to me to be the colour of her hair and skin.  In L4D their hair is a white/cream/bone type colour and their skin is an greyish tone.  They tend to have bloody hands too.  Any modern unarmed female figure painted in that scheme should work.  If the figure is in its underwear (or a bikini) then they will be even more recognisable as a Witch as thats how they dress in L4D.

If you wanted to make a male Witch the Copplestone zombie in his underpants would be ideal I think.

One of my favourite Tank figures is made from a Hulk heroclix with a few modifications.  Another LAF'er made a great Tank using a GW plastic Chaos Spawn.  That one in particular looked a lot like the Tank from L4D I thought.  The Frothers Tanks are nice, but they are a little on the small side.  Still fun figures though.

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 09:50:10 AM »
The Frothers Tanks are very nice I picked up a set, they will be quite small in proportion to some 28mm though

Offline warrenss2

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 03:26:17 PM »
cheetor, that Mr Bajingo & Mr Hoo-Hoo look like a cross between a boomer and a smoker! Truly nasty looking!! I like them and your witches.

I'm thinking about going the HeroClix Hulk route also. How did you remove the hair and lips? Careful hobby-knife usage?

Your whole thread there is very inspirational since I've been playing L4D lately and drawing ideas from it.

Also giving some thought to running an "All Flesh Must be Eaten" game following L4D and The Walking Dead comicbook story lines. I know it's a RPG but it's going to be miniature heavy gaming since I'm a leadhead.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 03:44:06 PM by warrenss2 »

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 03:34:46 PM »
It is worth checking the Forum of Doom as Kev form Hasslefree is producing lots of zombie/sci fi stuff for Salute including a L4D Charger and a tank with a mohawk :-*

« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 03:42:11 PM by Lowtardog »

Offline warrenss2

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 03:48:42 PM »
"He also comes without a Mohawk." Ooooooo!!!!! :o :-* :-*  ;D

I KNEW you guys were a fantastic database of miniature information, but this is all awesome stuff!!!!

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2010, 01:58:45 PM »
cheetor, that Mr Bajingo & Mr Hoo-Hoo look like a cross between a boomer and a smoker! Truly nasty looking!! I like them and your witches.

Thanks!

I'm thinking about going the HeroClix Hulk route also. How did you remove the hair and lips? Careful hobby-knife usage?

Yep.  A scalpel was the only tool that I used to remove both hair and lips.  As the plastic that is used to make that 'clix is soft it was quite easy to slice off the various bits.  Conversely, it is close to impossible to sand or file so slicing the hair off was a bit laborious.  The end result is that the top of the ex-Hulks head is a bit "polygon-y" if that makes sense.  I manged to cover most of it up when painting.

Your whole thread there is very inspirational since I've been playing L4D lately and drawing ideas from it.

I havent played L4D as much as I would like, but the various zombie archetypes from it appear to be taking hold in the common zombie pop-culture conciousness (?) I think.  I have found it fun to see what simple conversions I can do to make my own take on them.

My Jockeys are finished and I have a few bits for Smokers and Chargers hanging around for the next bit of the project.

I think that I have a spare Heroclix Hulk at home if you need one.  PM me if you do.