Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:46:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690911
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Can any one identify a mini in the Black Powder rulebook?  (Read 4421 times)

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
Re: Can any one identify a mini in the Black Powder rulebook?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2010, 12:01:18 PM »
Individuals such as B-P, his staff, artillery crews , some unique artillery pieces and weird stuff like jam tin bomb throwers, fake mine carriers (these were sand-filled boxes made to look like mines) and search-light bearers had to be one-off made from scratch or converted from existing figures. Some civilians from Mark Coppertone’s Foundry Old West range were also pressed into service.

We asked Jim Bowen, Dave Woodward and Chris Adcock if they’d be up for painting batches of figures as they came out the mould. Luckily they were all keen and did an amazing job in double-quick time. With out them we couldn’t have done it. In all over 200 newly made figures were painted together with the original 50 or so Boers we managed populate the 14x 6 foot board.

We’re not intending to produce any of these figures for sale, but if there is interest we could make a production mould or two.

This from the Perry site might explain the MG team...........
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2010, 08:32:31 PM »
Do you think? Everyone says Perry are small, but this force is a mix of Perry Sudan (for Sikh NCOs and the screw gun) and Foundry DA, and surprisingly I find the Perry figures to be an almost perfect match with the supposedly "big" DA stuff, so I think a Perry head might be a bit big on an old Foundry body.

Still, probably ain't gonna happen anyway, so there's no point fretting about it. £11+£8 p+p for one pack of four figures and two machine guns? I think they are mistaking me for some Russian oligarch looking to buy a Premier League team. You are having a fucking laugh, boys.  :?

I have Perry RN Landing Party and Sudanese regulars and in my opinion they do fit in well Copplestone's sailors, yet I happily mix foundry ECW (one of the older "small" Ranges) in with the Perry ECW stuff  :?

I haven't done head swaps though, so I don't know if they would look odd.

As you say, £19.00 is a particularly silly price for two MGs and crews. Why can't they just charge 10% or whatever P&P. I would certainly buy a lot more stuff from them. As it is, there are usually cheaper options of at least comparable quality. Their loss, I suppose.

Offline Major Weenie

• Scientist
  • Never Too Early for a Refreshing Beverage!
    • The Bengal Club
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2010, 08:34:21 PM »
You know....
You might have a go at creating a 'press mould' in sulfur free clay, and then casting up some slouch hats.  Although, it would be easier to go the other way, and cast up pith helmets to replace slouch hats, rather than the other way around.
Just thinking.

Regards,
MW