Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:40:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686438
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 758
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: I think I'm in love...  (Read 11302 times)

Offline Connectamabob

• Mastermind
Re: I think I'm in love...
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 06:47:52 AM »
Hasslefree: http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/pack.php?pack=1973
Look a bit on the tall side, going by the rulers in the pics (around 30mm). May still blend OK though, what with the robes and caps.
History viewed from the inside is always a dark, digestive mess, far different from the easily recognizable cow viewed from afar by historians.

Offline Alfrik

• Mastermind
  • Focus of Mission plus Logistics will carry the day
    • Armored Ink
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 01:21:08 PM »
Thanks for the link, anyone link to the Black Tree female cultists? Been looking thru their catalogue since the search feature doesnt really seem to work.
http://armoredink.blogspot.com/

Painting Pledge for 2014 Cthulhu Wars and all expansions figures to paint! Arrrgh!

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2010, 01:26:16 PM »
I tried to searc h Black Trees site for the female cultists too.  They have so many figures I couldn't find them.  I searched the ranges I thought might be applicable but no luck...??? :?
"Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small  boy....I keep it in a jar on my desk."
                ----- Robert Bloch------

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2010, 01:46:24 PM »
Fantasy :: Harlequin Fantasy :: Shadow Elves :: HM1083 Shadow Elf Sacrificers

(There seem to be plenty of people looking for boobies...)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 01:53:30 PM by Dolmot »

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2010, 03:51:38 PM »
Fantasy :: Harlequin Fantasy :: Shadow Elves :: HM1083 Shadow Elf Sacrificers

(There seem to be plenty of people looking for boobies...)

Isn't everyone :P
This is my boomstick!

Offline Alfrik

• Mastermind
  • Focus of Mission plus Logistics will carry the day
    • Armored Ink
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2010, 04:07:33 PM »
kneeling female cultist doesnt seem to be in the blacktree shadowelves.

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2010, 06:15:07 PM »
The kneeling female is part of the dark sword range.  There are options for a topless kneeling cultist and one wearing a bikini. :D

Offline dreamingleopard

• Librarian
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2010, 11:43:23 PM »
How about this one:
http://hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/pack.php?pack=1648

Or, if that one doesn't suit:
http://hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/pack.php?pack=2064

I just had to balance all this silly boobage off.

Offline Wolf 359

• Scientist
    • WhatThe?!Miniatures
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2010, 04:32:28 AM »

Not very sporting to throw sausage into the mix.

One miniature is too many, and a thousand are not enough...

Offline dreamingleopard

• Librarian
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2010, 01:32:53 PM »
Not very sporting to throw sausage into the mix.

I thought the first one was fine for the thread, and I'm sure there are some that like the second, too, even just for the chuckle.

So sausages are out?  How about these, then?:

http://www.rafm.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RAF&Product_Code=RAF02946&Category_Code=COCMM
http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/gug/latest/50039

Not very sporting to assume everyone here is boobephilic, but if you think this is a gentlemen's only club, think again.  I entered the thread expecting to see some great sculpts, and sure, they're good, but I didn't (and shouldn't) expect it to be a testosterone themed collection...  So I inject some estrogen into the mix.  Big deal.  I don't cover my eyes to your boob obsession, so don't gripe when I post the odd "sausage." You might want to consider that a more strongly gynophobic female might see the pics in this thread as a male would see the gugs, or that you might see the Kev's. I just wanted to "point" that out to the few homophobic chauvanists that might be lurking in here.  My two bits put in, I'll continue to  contribute to this thread as I find suitable (no more monstrous) pics from a woman's point of view.

No woman should be made to feel unwelcome in this hobby -- heaven knows you've got too few of us tolerant enough as it is.  I don't appreciate being insulted (being called "unsporting"), even if it was in jest (and I choose to assume it was just a poor jest).  To the real gentlemen of the thread who didn't comment about, and respected my choice of contribution, I apologize for this aside.  I also consider this issue closed and I will not reply to any taunts or accusations of being a "feminist" (which less than half the world views as necessarily amazonian in nature).  Nor will I tolerate being hounded on another thread, so be so advised and drop it here and now.  Maybe you meant no offense, but you did offend... not by the pictures, but by your post, Wolf.  If "sporting" is being tolerant, I am and you weren't.  If "sporting" is sparring, this is your well-deserved return punch, and I'm still "sporting," despite your dig.

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 02:03:21 PM »
I thought the first one was fine for the thread
Please explain, why a Kev sculpting dolly in David pose would have anything to do with cultists - other than being a tool of turning this topic into an enormous political rant and name-calling fest.

The gug joke has been done in at least three topics on this board already, and probably thirty times on Frothers. Actually, it turns up every time when the model does, so it has got a bit old already.

Hint: if your contribution to the cultist topic is that people here just "might" be "homophobic chauvanists" (of course, not really saying that, are we?), you may want to re-read the forum rules and try again.

Offline dreamingleopard

• Librarian
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2010, 02:20:34 PM »
Given the distinct lack of male cultists out there that a girl could go gaga over, the Kev nude, which isn't a dolly, btw, could be dressed.

Here's one a girl couldn't get gaga over, though, but it makes a good mad cultist (actually called "Bob the Cultist" in some places):
http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/pack.php?pack=1970
The photo doesn't do the fig justice.

BTW... if you want more boobage, check out Hasslefree's girls.  He's really good at them.

Offline chicklewis

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2010, 10:47:10 PM »
Dreamingleopard, I don't think anybody intended to insult you. 

Your profile has 'gender' left blank, and I assumed you were male.  Glad to know you are not. 

Strange as it seems, one guy showing another guy sausage photos can be considered a backhanded slap.  Yah, must be another of those 'testosterone poisoning' problems. 

Nice to realize you were not intending any insult. 
"Sufficient for the day is the evil thereof."

Offline Prof.Witchheimer

• Elder God
    • Back of Beyond
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2010, 12:21:34 AM »
Dreamingleopard, lads, please, it seems to me that there is a bit of a misunderstanding. Just let it be.

I'm happy to meet another lady on our forum. I bid you welcome again, Dreamingleopard, and hope you'll stay and enjoy LAF  :)

Offline Digitarii

• Scientist
  • I don't suffer from insanity. I ENJOY it!
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2010, 03:20:03 AM »
Sweet shivering Shiva.

I saw the post with the Kev model and I took no offense at it whatsoever. I think people are far too ready to take offense for no reason. Boobs are ok but the meat and potatoes are not? How hypocritical. Of all things to take offense at, that (to me) falls under the category of "Not worth getting upset over".

This is an unfortunate side effect of the PC crowd. Instead of letting stupid stuff just roll of your back like a sensible chimpanzee, you take offense at some perceived slight or offense to your sensibilities (or manhood). Save the choler for something that's worth getting worked up over.

Back on the original subject: I do like the minis, and since I use Litko bases, I can blend the cast on bases in without an issue. I have a soft spot for the Dark Sword company anyway.
"My claim is based on rational thought and the fact that I've got more than enough charges in my Tesla Cannon to leave nothing but your twitching, smoldering digits!" - Nelson, Full Frontal Nerdity

Gold foil, diamond-etched, creme filled, limited-edition, collector's item number one anger issues