Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:02:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The 11th Doctor  (Read 10405 times)

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
Re: The 11th Doctor
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2010, 10:45:10 AM »

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2010, 09:07:29 PM »
OK - a little late to the party but just watched the new Who - Briillliant!!

Loved the hot and cold taps on the TARDIS console!

Totally second all that's been said so far - Smith's ace, need to find my wife a police outfit like that, and the khaki Daleks look pretty cool too.

Vampire women reminded me a little of the Curse of Fenric?

Not sure I saw anything that looked Silurians though - might have been blinking back tears of joy at the time though!  lol

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2010, 09:19:50 PM »
Not sure I saw anything that looked Silurians though - might have been blinking back tears of joy at the time though!  lol

because they don't which has me concerned....

and they have to mention the Great Vampires...

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2010, 10:30:52 PM »
mmm Great Vampires....  o_o

Hope they haven't messed with the old Earth Reptiles though - at the risk of being too purist...  >:D

Enjoyed the old shot of the Sea Devil though - God I'm sad!

Did I also notice the lady who was blown out of the airlock and into the TARDIS was the same one from the Library - the one who recognised the Doctor from the future - can't for the life of me remember her name - sure she's someone famous too!  ;D

Offline Tomsche

• Mastermind
  • Crescat Scientia, Vita Excolatur
    • Società di archeologia e cimeli
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2010, 10:49:02 PM »
Alex Kingston aka River Song

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2010, 07:47:19 AM »

I initially thought "Silurians", but on going back and doing a slo-mo search, the single frame we are shown of them are maybe not Silurians after all. No "third eye" amongst other things  :?

Maybe a brand new monster instead? And I was so excited about their return  :'(

As if I could be in any way unhappy about the return of the Doctor  lol

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2010, 09:56:21 AM »
As if I could be in any way unhappy about the return of the Doctor 

Exactly - I remember thinking they'd done something odd to the Sontarans when I first caught a glimpse of the helmeted Judoon - turned out alright in the wash though!  :D

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2010, 04:53:03 PM »
popular opinion has it, they are Silurians... and there is now an expanded universe thing of the Silurians being master geneticist and always tinkering with stuff (hence the Myrka and the differnce in appearance from Pertwee to Davison)... but.... I don't know about these ones...

an actor blew it and annouced she'd been cast as twin Silurians in a two parter - and then said that although she's made up, she's still recognisable as her, which fits the lizardy woman in the clip with human features next to a full face mask lizardy type... I;m sure the Moff will fluff it away nicely.... but the full face mask with the crests and the eye was a great design and will be sorely missed...

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2010, 05:10:42 PM »
popular opinion has it, they are Silurians... and there is now an expanded universe thing of the Silurians being master geneticist and always tinkering with stuff (hence the Myrka and the differnce in appearance from Pertwee to Davison)... but.... I don't know about these ones...

an actor blew it and annouced she'd been cast as twin Silurians in a two parter - and then said that although she's made up, she's still recognisable as her, which fits the lizardy woman in the clip with human features next to a full face mask lizardy type... I;m sure the Moff will fluff it away nicely.... but the full face mask with the crests and the eye was a great design and will be sorely missed...

Yes, very true. I like the re-imagined Daleks, Cybermen and Sontarans which RTD managed to do a good job with. After all, the Cyberman have had many changes over the years, but still remained instantly recognizable, as were the new Daleks and Sontarans. Making such a major change to the Silurians in what is quite an iconic image could be the Moff's first faux-pas.

I sincerely hope not  :?

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2010, 05:14:42 PM »
I'd heard they were from a seperate tribe.

Love them as monsters, but Warriors of the Deep served them very badly. Watched it again over the weekend. The redesigns in that were nice, but I think a 2010 update won't do any harm. I think they appear quite late in the season.
Something Crooked this way comes...
http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/
Wargaming in the world of Cult TV

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2010, 05:18:41 PM »
Ep. 8: The Ground Beneath Their Feet
Ep. 9: Cold Blood

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2010, 05:21:58 PM »
BTW - have you seen that the cybermen in the new online adventure game announced today. Same design, but a different logo on the chest (not Cybus).

And while we are at it, what's going on with the shed in Amy Pond's garden? It was destroyed but rebuilt itself to 'look like it was 12 years old'. Am I missing or not getting something?

Offline ancientsociety

• Mad Scientist
    • My blog
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2010, 05:23:09 PM »
Just watched it yesterday (all I'll say, as someone outside the UK, is *cough**cough*torrent*cough*...oh sorry, coughing fit) and it was fantastic. I was really, really having a lot of misgivings when the first trailers came out but I must say everything about The 11th Hour was FANTASTIC! Made me feel like I was 7 years old again and seeing Who on PBS for the first time!

And, I'm digging the new Tardis. Let's hope we see more of its many many rooms....

Offline Tomsche

• Mastermind
  • Crescat Scientia, Vita Excolatur
    • Società di archeologia e cimeli
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2010, 05:23:43 PM »
Waaaaait... online game?

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2010, 05:29:01 PM »
Yes, very true. I like the re-imagined Daleks, Cybermen and Sontarans which RTD managed to do a good job with. After all, the Cyberman have had many changes over the years, but still remained instantly recognizable, as were the new Daleks and Sontarans. Making such a major change to the Silurians in what is quite an iconic image could be the Moff's first faux-pas.

Hmmm shall watch with interest...

There were of course the Silurian/Sea Devil hybrids from the Virgin novel Scales of Injustice

Like AEG says though - I'll still miss the old design   :'(

Still haven't brought myself to watch Warriors but I do love the clips of the Myrka fight I've seen!

I'm assuming the online game is on the BBC site? The older ones were quite fun.