Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:40:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690841
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Why oh why won't someone stock Battle Honors over here  (Read 2171 times)

Offline Hywel Dda

• Assistant
Why oh why won't someone stock Battle Honors over here
« on: April 03, 2010, 11:42:12 PM »
Ws recently prcing up some Belgians from their WW1 range and the P&P on $96 worht of figs was $56 - I really don't need the models sent USPS express! Previousy a kind soul from the USA helped with an order but really the issue is the postage or better yet someone stocking some of the figs here. I particularly don't understand the postal charges when some companies in the UK like Maelstrom do free postage worldwide. I though the UK and USA had a special relationship!? :)

Offline Chuckaroobob

• Scientist
Re: Why oh why won't someone stock Battle Honors over here
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 01:15:07 AM »
Hi,  The United States Postal Service (www.usps.com) now has international flat rates for boxes:  the small box can hold up to 4 lbs for $13.45, the larger box is 20 lbs for $44.00.  Both say they will be delivered in 6-10 business days.  Battle Honors is sold by 19th Century Miniatures (www.oldglory15s.com) here in the US, and they offer discounts based on how much you spend, I think over $100 is 20% off.  Over $150 is free postage to the US.

I was going to order some of their stuff, would you like me to include your stuff and forward it to you? That way we could both take advantage of the bulk discount.  C'ya, Charles
They call me "Point Cow"

Offline PaulJB

• Librarian
    • movealongnownothingtoseehere
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 08:02:17 PM »
Hi, speak to Timecast and I'm sure Mark and Barry could sort you out. My mate Ade used to carry Battle Honours in the UK and for a number of years I was there helping him out up and down the country at shows.

Timecast now carry OG15 but I'm sure the Steves in the US at C19th would stick some BH figures in the box.

Paul
--
Paul Baldwin
Evesham, England

"You wouldn't know a subtle plan, if it danced naked on top of the
harpsichord singing subtle plans are here again!"

Offline Hywel Dda

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 08:07:54 PM »
Hi, speak to Timecast and I'm sure Mark and Barry could sort you out. My mate Ade used to carry Battle Honours in the UK and for a number of years I was there helping him out up and down the country at shows.

Timecast now carry OG15 but I'm sure the Steves in the US at C19th would stick some BH figures in the box.

Paul

Paul - thanks - I wrote to them and they have kindly offered to get some but did have to point out that I would need to cover the VAT and Customs duty that will be chargeable - I know the VAT is 17.5% and the duty could be a little or a lot - some 'toys' used to be charged at 30-33%. So it might not work out too cheap!
Will update for the benefit of any others interested when i get the % confirmed

Offline Bossco101

• Librarian
    • www.Miniature-Heroes.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 08:17:41 PM »
Customs duty is 4.7% but only applies when the Parcel exceeds £ 135.00. Under that amount and you won't get charged for Customs.

You will be charged VAT on anything over £ 18.00 I think. UK Vat is currently 17.5 %.

The United States Postal Service is very good and ships quickly and carefully. However HM Customs will hold a parcel for quite a while, usually a couple of weeks.

UPS etc charge more but have their own clearing service with customs so you will get your parcel quicker. However all charges due on the parcel have to be paid before the parcel is released for delivery.

All carriers will charge a handling charge. The United States Postal Service uses Parcelforce and Royal Mail as its partner over here. They charge £ 8.00 handling fee.

Indeed I think this is a very strange arrangement to have with our biggest ally and one with which we have a special relationship. Import from anywhere in the EU and these problems and taxes don't apply.

Hope that helps a bit.

Tim