Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:14:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Light Cover  (Read 3398 times)

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
Light Cover
« on: March 24, 2010, 01:24:15 PM »
Just wondered what the boys' thoughts were on light cover? In our game at the weekend we designated some areas of the table as "light cover" with only a -1 protection, as opposed to the blanket -2 for cover in the rulebook. Other games do it, so why not T&T, we figured.

Seemed to work out fine. I don't see any problems doing this.  Do you prefer light cover as -2 also, with heavy cover as -2 to hit with a +1 to the damage roll for the more protective nature of the cover? Thoughts?
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
Re: Light Cover
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 08:24:59 PM »
Just wondered what the boys' thoughts were on light cover? In our game at the weekend we designated some areas of the table as "light cover" with only a -1 protection, as opposed to the blanket -2 for cover in the rulebook. Other games do it, so why not T&T, we figured.

Isn't "light cover" designated "soft cover" in the rulebook, if I get your query right?

Rulebook says: Soft cover terrain features don’t grant good physical protection for your soldiers, but rather make it very difficult for the shooter to get a good aim at the target. Examples of soft cover include bushes, a wooden fence or some scattered trees.

In the Ranged Combat Modifiers Table the entry reads Target is in hard or soft cover: -2 or -1

Must admit we have been forgetting the +1 to the damage roll though. Would have helped my Indians on the weekend too!  >:(

Hope I haven't confused the query.
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 08:35:17 PM »
Fsultana pretty much got our approach; a -1 for visual obscurement, a -2 for physical cover (plus the damage modification for small arms).

This differenciation, however, only appears in the (revised) second print run, and was added for the reasons listed by Plynkes. I think there should have been a respective paragraph in the Errata Sheet, but I apparently missed it. Sorry about that. :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 08:39:05 PM by Westfalia Chris »

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 08:42:43 PM »
Chris is right - I have the earliest edition (signed by Björn too - so it will be worth a lot of money one day, though not as much as one not signed by Björn  :)), which just has -2 for cover - all cover.

Thanks for clearing that up. Good to see that our unofficial improvisation actually is part of the printed rules. Great minds think alike.