Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:17:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Please recomend rules for 6mm Horse and Musket era.  (Read 2549 times)

Offline Fjodin

• Mad Scientist
Please recomend rules for 6mm Horse and Musket era.
« on: April 08, 2010, 03:52:04 AM »
I wish to start collecting an 6mm Seven Year Wars army, so could someone tell me which rules are you prefer for 6mm Horse and Musket era (Seven Years Wars and Napoleonic)? Is there are rules in wich 1 bese is 1 company or squadron? Also Is there any wules with fortreses and maybe... ships wich can concentrate fire on troops from sea.

Hope you'll help!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 03:54:09 AM by Fjodin »

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Please recomend rules for 6mm Horse and Musket era.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 03:59:42 AM »
Sam Mustapha's Might and Reason rules will do the trick ,and better still you can get them from Eureka here in OZ.
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline 1ngram

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 08:25:42 AM »
But Might and Reason are the very opposite of a one base equals one company set of ruiles. They are great rules for large scale actions where one base represents a regiment or a brigade.  If you are interested in actions involving individual companies or squadrons you must look elsewhere.

Offline East Riding Militia

• Assistant
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 02:07:43 PM »
I wish to start collecting an 6mm Seven Year Wars army, so could someone tell me which rules are you prefer for 6mm Horse and Musket era (Seven Years Wars and Napoleonic)? Is there are rules in wich 1 bese is 1 company or squadron? Also Is there any wules with fortreses and maybe... ships wich can concentrate fire on troops from sea.

Hope you'll help!
Hi Fjodin
From the above I'm not quite sure what type of rules you are looking for, so I will give a few different options and see if any are close to what you want.
Le Feu Sacre A Napoleonic set which allows you to play as a Corp Commander. Using one strip of 6mm as a company works well. The newest version (which I don't have) now covers the earlier Napoleonic period. So you should be able to work in SYW options if you wanted, based on the Prussians.
Huzzah! Again a Napoleonic set that will work well at one strip per company and with the Prussian Drill option so you can ammend them for SYW quite easily. They are aimed at a player commanding a Division. My rules of choice for this level, but they would be as they are free and I managed to sneak my name into the credits  ;)
Batailles de l'Ancien Régime A SYW set of rules for commanding a Brigade. Units are at 1:10 ratio, so you could use one 6mm strip per recommended 25mm figure. You would end up with units of 200+ figures arrayed in 3 ranks of 18"(45cm) long by 3/4"(2cm) deep :o Now that would look like a SYW unit!
Hope some of that helps, but I will keep thinking and see what else I can come up with.
Cheers
Steve

Offline Adam

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 02:28:28 PM »
http://koenigkrieg.com/

Never played it but it seems like it could work for 6mm. This one is specifically geared to the SYW not Napoleonic so will probably have a better feel.

They discuss using it for 6mm on their forum:
http://koenigkrieg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24&highlight=6mm

Offline Fjodin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 12:35:14 AM »
Thanx for helping!