Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:07:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690860
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Realistic Sculpts  (Read 7320 times)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
Re: Realistic Sculpts
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 09:26:16 AM »
Odd how we can have such different perceptions of the same place. I would have said precisely the opposite. Seems to me the LAF (especially lately) has a definite lean towards alternative-this or weird war-that, and the "historical" genres generally being sci-fied out of all recognition. Haven't seen a whole lot of "historical gaming" stuff being posted around here of late by comparison.

The stats would seem to bear this impression out, with Future Wars having the most posts of a genre board, followed by Pulp and then VSF; with a historical board coming next (Colonial) about 6000 posts behind those last two, and 10,000 behind Future Wars.

I'd say you are right. I do think LAF leaned more towards historical or close-to-historical gaming some time back.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 09:42:50 AM »
How about some women figs with practical weapons?  Frying pans, throwing boiling water from kettles, rolling pins, brooms or mops... 

:)

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 10:48:14 AM »
Hmmmm.I have read these posts with much interest,I rarely comment on such things after all this is a forum about a hobby and not a socio-political discussion group,however;

This is where I may get into trouble;Most wargamers etcetera are men (to my sorrow),men in general like women and for some reason like attractive female figures,I suspect this has something to do with nature. Now this may well sometimes be exploitative ,I for one have a vast range of female minis from Hasslefree nakeds to Mike Owens very sedate Thrilling Tale minis and everything in between (just spent $160 on Infinity ladies).Do you know why? I like women! My wife is a woman! Now if we were to get realistic about the whole thing and just stick to a vague reality ,there would not be any female minis,improper or not. And you know why? Women in general don't much care for such things,and certainly in the past weren't allowed,whether because of a patriarchy or otherwise. So really, say goodbye to female hussars and say hello to masses of boring unattractive men all in correct uniforms getting horribly killed,that's realism.

I'm rambling I have the flu and Eric Blair just sent me a text through the aether.
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 11:47:58 AM »
I started to write a really earnest and long post embracing Maslow's Hiearchy of needs, human nature, personal taste, individuality, fashion, differences between cultures, etc, etc BUT then a little ditty driifted into my head.......

...and with respect to Sir Mix-a-lot.....

I like big butts* and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny

etc, etc

* according to personal preference insert small butts, big boobs, small boobs, fake boobs, real boobs, small feet, big feet, bare feet, shoed feet, clothing, nudity, big boomboxes, small Ipods, long necks, short necks, fast cars, cute cars, busy cities, quiet fields, intoxication, meditation, reality, fantasy.........

I could go on but fear I already am.   ;)  :)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 11:49:31 AM by Silent Invader »
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 32
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 12:33:32 PM »
I started to write a really earnest and long post embracing Maslow's Hiearchy of needs, human nature, personal taste, individuality, fashion, differences between cultures, etc, etc BUT then a little ditty driifted into my head.......

...and with respect to Sir Mix-a-lot.....

I like big butts* and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny

etc, etc

* according to personal preference insert small butts, big boobs, small boobs, fake boobs, real boobs, small feet, big feet, bare feet, shoed feet, clothing, nudity, big boomboxes, small Ipods, long necks, short necks, fast cars, cute cars, busy cities, quiet fields, intoxication, meditation, reality, fantasy.........

I could go on but fear I already am.   ;)  :)

Haha! Great resume!
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com