Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:45:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691079
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Man who would be King. Or Purple Coats of Venus (crazy idea for my project)  (Read 5345 times)

Offline Fjodin

• Mad Scientist
This my future project have very small connections with movie "Man Who Would be King". Its 2mm-15mm project.

Its about Baron Fitenbah who was small baron on Earth and who wanted to be a king. But as Daniel Dravot and Peachey proved (in Man Who Would be King) its very dificult to become a king of new country on Earth. Only in small desert covered country like Kafiristan.

So Baron Fitenbah spend most of his money to buy an old British Astronef Light Cruiser and to moved to Venus, to build his own country there. He was so lucky, because he found huge gold deposits near his new colony! Now Fitenbah onw small country (its size similar to Italy. But population is much lower), have an army with several light Land Ironclads and small Aeronefs.

Fitenbah was fan of 18 century uniform. He ofter wear an League of Augsburg era oficer purple colour uniform, so in Europe he called Purple Baron.

His solders wear American Independence War era uniform.
* Line Infantry wear purple uniform and called purple coats
* Grenadiers wear blue uniform and called Blue Coats
* Skirmishers wer green uniform and called Green Coats

Line infantry use use modified Sharps Rifles.
WHY? Because If you are going to use 15mm Redcoats as Purplecoats you will realise that musket does not looks similar to most of VSF era rifles! But have a look at Sharps rifle and musket. In 15mm scale they does not look SO different (mind that they use MODIFIED rifle).

-----

I need to order 15mm redcoats but I am nearly finished Purplecoats in 2mm scale, 1 modified cossack aeronef, 1 light Land Ironclad, and 15mm Palace Guard. So I will put the pics soonC
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 02:57:31 AM by Fjodin »

Offline Fjodin

• Mad Scientist
Here are Fitenbah Land Ironclad (his small army have only one. But its enought for fighting lisardmens).
Originaly it was Russian Ivan Grozny Ironclad wich was damaged and capured by Ottomans during Russo-Turkish war. Then it was bought by Fitenbah and modified with German guns. It have 1 long gun turret at front and light turret at rear. Very effective against big lisards.

Here is original Brigade Models design.

Offline Fjodin

• Mad Scientist
Bacause of learning my progress is very slow, but there IS a progress! Nearly finished 2mm infantry and Aeronef.