Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:25:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Some new greens / greys (?) of British Cops with Weapons  (Read 4096 times)

Offline matakishi

• The Teacher
  • Galactic Brain
  • Cousin of Hammers
    • Matakishi's Tea House
Re: Some new greens / greys (?) of British Cops with Weapons
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2010, 04:18:22 PM »
More, brilliant!

I like them generally but, since I know you post here for input and respond to it, here are my reservations:

The WPC hat doesn't look right, not sure why, maybe it needs a flatter top so it doesn't resemble a tin hat.
The 2nd WPC pose is just wrong, off ballance, incorrect use of a firearm and (as has been mentioned) unfeminine.

Now, quick! Fix these and make some more, fill a mould, cast them up and take my money.

Good work :)

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 04:40:15 PM »
Female PC.
Person of Little Or No Knowledge: Plonk.

You'd better pray my wife or her other female coleagues don't meet you. That "non-violent" aikido bloody well hurts  lol

Are all the police women in UK as cute as the one on the Elprez's picture?

Sadly not  :(

The hat does need a slightly flatter top and slightly more vertical  round the side, to give it bit more of a "square" profile.

Agreed - they don't shoot from the hip. Police firearms officers are trained to fire single aimed shots - none of this blasting off a full mag like we see in hollywood movies. The basic pose wouldn't be that wrong, though. Who's to say she isn't advancing to contact rather than firing?

Generally I like these - get the WPC's hat sorted and they would be very useful figures  :D

Offline Grimjack

• Scientist
  • Z List Wargames Industry Celebrity
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2010, 06:53:17 PM »

Michael and I chatted via Yahoo! on the firing stance. It would take quite a lot of changes to get to a 'firing now' pose with this one, so he offered the idea of lowering the weapon slightly, as if she was reacting to a threat.

With regard to the hat, I have had a look at quite a few phtos and there appear to be variations in type, etc. across forces, these look ok to me but thanks for the input.

Trooper, I never had the guts to use that nickname for WPCs, probably because I like my gonads where they are!
Remember: the dice are not your friends!

Offline Trooper

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2010, 11:41:51 PM »
Well thats because I am a dinosaur, and although retired, I was a 1970s vintage cop and now I don't have to be politically correct anymore. Its very liberating.
They will not force us,
They will stop degrading us,
They will not control us,
We will be victorious!!

Offline argsilverson

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2010, 09:23:09 AM »
Anyhow I like her pigtail

BTW Matakishi, this might also fit in your UNIT units, or just convert her with a beret!
argsilverson

Offline Trooper

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 12:44:59 PM »
You'd better pray my wife or her other female coleagues don't meet you. That "non-violent" aikido bloody well hurts  lol

Actually in all seriousness, with one exception, all the best partners I had whilst working were female. Many of them had more balls than a lot of the fellas.