Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:41:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686453
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Songs of Stillburg - Ghost added 150117, Pg 12  (Read 55923 times)

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
Re: Songs of Stillburg - New skeleton added 100502
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2010, 10:03:17 AM »
Apart from all the singing and carrying on I quite liked the Wood Elves of Mirkwood in the Hobbit - not too cleancut and a bit mean if you get on the wrong side of them...  >:D

Offline abhorsen950

• Mastermind
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2010, 10:04:05 AM »
I actually think every single skeleton model posted on this thread oozes with character and looks absoloutley superb.

Steve

Offline Erny

• Scientist
    • Erny's Place.
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2010, 10:30:07 AM »
I'll have a count up of numbers and see if I have any spare after making the units I want up.

I see them as  haughty Spartan noble types with  little time for their foppish high elf cousins.

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2010, 11:05:57 AM »
Apart from all the singing and carrying on I quite liked the Wood Elves of Mirkwood in the Hobbit - not too cleancut and a bit mean if you get on the wrong side of them...  >:D
There must be absolutely no carrying on! :)

I actually think every single skeleton model posted on this thread oozes with character and looks absoloutley superb.
Cheers Steve!

I'll have a count up of numbers and see if I have any spare after making the units I want up.
That would be awesome. Thanks mate!

And regarding High Elves, they're completely out of the lore in my campaigns. Dark elves, wood elves and sea elves - yes please. High elves are just dull, the numpties.
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2010, 07:50:34 AM »
So, it's been a while since I posted anything here... that's mainly because me and Mrs Phreedh eloped and got married last weekend! =) We didn't want anything big, so went with the smallest possible. We got married in city hall, in the company of my cousin and his fiancé. We had an awesome day, where we went to Lousiana in Denmark (museum of modern arts) and then headed back to Malmö for dinner at a very nice restaurant and spent the night in the suite of Mayfair Hotel. Parts of it is over 700 years old! Here's a pic of the four of us right after the 5 minute (and that was the long version) wedding.

Anyways, you didn't come here for my family album! =D On to the little lead guys... I have been able to finish four skeleton archers, and there was much rejoice. Only need three for the first scenario, but I figured I'd paint all four of them in one go. Good idea, as they were complete bastards to paint for some reason. I tried to do it "properly" on the first test mini, but when things didn't work out I just surrendered and drybrushed almost everything. I'm very happy to see them finished, but I think the end result looks a little sloppier than usual. They look just fine in a group though!

So, with decent progress made I figured I'd do a tally of what's left. First, the undead that are awaiting paint. Should be two more zombies in the photo but they're currently being stripped. =)

Then we have the adventurers... I can't wait to get some paint on these guys but have decided to finish the undead first, with a possible treat mini from these here and there. There's one man missing from this shot and that's Duncan the paladin/knight templar. I have one guy from Mega Minis which would work - but I'd prefer one of the Citadel minis that are in the post right now. One thing is pretty obvious here... Brother Wendel is fricking huge! I'm a bit miffed I couldn't get my hands on a fitting Citadel monk - but there's none to be had. Same goes for the militia... These fellas from Mega will work just fine!

From left to right we have Aldor Berlepsch, Brother Wendel, Mayor Bernadotte and three militia men.

So yeah, making good progress but still a long way to go until the minis for the first scenario are all painted up! 8 painted, 14 to go... How people can finish a complete army is way beyond me! To lighten the mood, here's one last shot.

Cue the Benny Hill music: :)

Offline Erny

• Scientist
    • Erny's Place.
Re: Songs of Stillburg - Four skeletons added 100513
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2010, 07:56:49 AM »
Congratulations!

I've always felt a simple wedding is best.

Your minis are coming on nicely too..

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2010, 11:24:38 AM »
So, it's been a while since I posted anything here...

Getting married occurs quite high on the "Reasons That I Didnt Get Much Painted Recently" scale.

Congratulations!  I hope that you are both very happy together :)

Im all for any kind of wedding that deviates from the cookie cutter, "seen one, seen 'em all" approach.  Yours will be memorable for being different, good for you both.

On to the little lead guys

Your undead warband is progressing nicely.  Those skeletons really remind me of Army of Darkness, with their evil, and amusingly, quite expressive skulls.

I have that zombie miniature in my horde from years back.  I like those old GW zombies, they are characterful and fun to paint.

I am looking forward to seeing what you do with them in particular.  You are right to focus on one warband until you get it finished I think.  If I were you I would keep going with the undead until they are completed (well, completed enough for scenario one anyway).

Offline Arthadan

• Scientist
    • Forge of Doom Miniatures
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2010, 12:31:23 PM »
Congrats for getting married, mate!

Awesome looking old school miniatures, keep them coming!

Offline Doomhippie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2010, 02:42:12 PM »
Congrats from here as well. And I really do love your project! Keep it rolling!
Roky Erickson flies my spaceship!

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2010, 04:13:02 PM »
It's looking great!

Well done on the marriage.

I am looking forward to seeing all those characters painted... :)

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2010, 04:51:48 PM »
Thanks for the praise and congratulations!

I have that zombie miniature in my horde from years back.  I like those old GW zombies, they are characterful and fun to paint. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with them in particular.
Yeah, they're awesome! Got ten more stripped and cleaned up now, all 11 are different... I was cleaning the cellar today, vacuuming and cleaning floors etc. A large part of that was of course to finish a magnetized stand of trees and to strip and clean zombies! I mean, I had to - to reduce the clutter on my gaming table / work bench. Right? ;)

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2010, 09:31:58 PM »
Congrats mate - sounds like you had a ball! Hope there wasn't anything like "till lead do us part" in the vows...  ;)

More nice looking skellies!

Good luck in controlling the urge to paint all your character models (v. nice by the way!) - I never manage it!

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2010, 05:04:12 PM »
So... finally a few zombies done. Waiting for the last to arrive from Cheetor (cheers mate!), and then it's four skeletons and the bad guys are done!

Front and back:

Here's a bit of a close up.

Happy with how they turned out, even though I couldn't sort out the contrast between the shirt and skin on the unarmed guy. My goal have been to give them the "re-animated corpse" look instead of the "recently infected by a zombie virus" look. Hence no splashed gore. Hope you like them!

Offline Funghy-Fipps

• Mad Scientist
    • Forgotten Dungeons
Re: Songs of Stillburg - Two zombies added 100523
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2010, 05:35:47 PM »
Very nice - if that's the word I want (doesn't seem quite right, given the subject matter) - indeed, Phreedh.  The restraint viz. the fresh, dripping gore certainly gives them more of a mouldering, 'out of the casket' look.  I look forward to seeing the entire painted ensemble in the near future! 

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Songs of Stillburg - Two zombies added 100523
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2010, 06:24:40 PM »
Gruesome stuff - that shirt has obviously soaked up so much putrescence whilst the poor chap was in the ground it has become the same colour as his skin!  :D

I pity the poor inhabitants of Stillburg!  >:D