Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:02:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686467
  • Total Topics: 118101
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Chinese Exploration Party Ambushed!  (Read 3592 times)

Offline oldskoolrebel

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • My Campaigns
Chinese Exploration Party Ambushed!
« on: April 15, 2010, 03:12:42 PM »
Diary Entry from General Zui'e

The story must be reiterated truthfully, not with the lies of the British

I write this diary with a heavy heart, the reasons for my malaise are two-fold. First during a peaceful reconnaissance mission our forces were ambushed by a British company. Secondly during the skirmish our glorious general Fu Manchu succumbed to the cowardly trickery of the British Major Mac Thegrassgrow.  Fu Manchu now lies in the tent next to me, under the careful ministrations of our medics, I only hope that he has not departed into the spirit realms of the ancestors.

As we approached the clearing in the forest the enlightened Fu Manchu remarked upon the native’s primitive temple. His curiosity was heightened when he noticed the five bulky forms of the degenerative natives.  He wondered how the lizard like creatures had survived, and if they were related to dragons. After all he had personally discovered dragon bones in the deserts to the west of our glorious country.
It was then the chaos started.

The unmistakable sound of gun fire shattered the peace of the jungle. The strange natives fell under the storm and all around bullets ricochet off trees. In one terrifying instance we realised that those bullets where meant for us.

At the same time the sounds of sword play echoed through the jungle; our rocketmen had been ambushed by the British. As our men had explored the jungle, they hadn’t noticed a group of B.R.A.S, who showed their true colours and ambushed the exploratory group of rocketmen.  Our men valiantly fought off the BRAs ultimately killing the cowardly dogs. Unfortunately in the din of battle orders where miss heard and the lone surviving rocketman left the battlefield, thinking the skirmish was over.

The British Naval troops attempted to advance on our right hand flank. Even though they were supported by a Gatling gun, our musket men proceeded to wipe them out in short order. It shows that the so called ‘technological advantage’ of the British is no match to our warriors; our warriors who are bolstered with the resolve of our ancestors.

On our left flank the steam tank thundered onward, towards the British line. In fear of being sniped at by the craven British dogs, Fu Manchu stepped behind the cover of the formidable machine. The elite troops on board noticed a group of meddling ‘scientists’ hiding in nearby dense forest and immediately opened fire killing two of their number. What happened next I will never understand. For this group of desperate men charged at the elite guard... standing on board the steam tank! It proves that the English are not just craven but also as mad as rabid dogs! Understandably the battle was short lived,  but so incensed by the English arrogance our Elite troops charged across the battle field towards the British Lines.

Both myself and Fu Manchu where admiring the excellent stone work of the natives when Major Mac attacked me. He sought to assassinate me from behind, but the exalted Fu Manchu alerted me to the fact, and I turned to face the insolent dog. Fu Manchu struck out at the Major and he fell, appearing dead. As the gracious Fu Manchu turned to bloster the resolve of the troops I realised that the Major had feigned but I was too late, as his sword slid into Fu Manchu’s side.  I cannot being to explain the emotions I felt as our great leader hit the ground, I cannot begin to explain the hate I felt towards the evil deceitful, British General. Nor can I recall what happened next with any great clarity, but when I had regained my senses the Major was lying at my feet in a blooded mess.

The fall of their general was too much for the British and their resolve broke. They fled like the cowards that they are. With a heavy heart I can report that our lines broke the British.

I have heard tale that the British have misrepresented their involvement in the skirmish. I have also heard that the story they tell their allies does not include the details for their attempted ambush.

To all that have dealings with the British I warn you, do not take them at face value, for they speak with a forked tongue...

First time I've ever played Gaslight, great fun as to be had for all. Cheers again Colin!

Cheers
Andy
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 03:19:00 PM by oldskoolrebel »

Offline Elprez

• Mad Scientist
  • LXG
Re: Chinese Exploration Party Ambushed!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 03:25:49 PM »
Great table, figures, pictures and report.
Looks like great fun.

Ridiculous propaganda, of course, but brilliant nevertheless,  lol
Always good to hear the other side of the story from "Johnny Foreigner",  ;)
http://extraordinarygentlemensjournal.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/VSFMiniatures
Still, a chap ought to look smart in front of the men, don't you think?

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 03:32:10 PM »
You don't see that many Chinese exploration expeditions. Which is a shame.

Great game and report. It opens up many possibilities for similar unusual encounters.

Love the armoured steam land junk thingy  :-*

Please post some more pics of it if possible  :)

Offline oldskoolrebel

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • My Campaigns
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 03:34:44 PM »
Gluteus M; I can't take the credit for anything in the game... except the excellent strategic ability of the Chinese.  ;D

The Steamtank (along with all the models and terrain) is Gamer Mac's and I think more details can be found over here:
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=13752.0
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 03:50:09 PM by oldskoolrebel »

Offline Thunderchicken

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Amusingly clumsy.
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 03:47:03 PM »
Hehe. Great fun seeing it from the other perspective. Thanks for the pics and report.

I'm trying to lose weight at the mo and I'm off the unhealthy food, despite all the eye candy and fantastic models to feast my eyes on in this AAR all I could do was drool over the chocolate in the background of this pic:

« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 03:49:36 PM by Thunderchicken »
Don't!

Offline oldskoolrebel

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • My Campaigns
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 03:51:17 PM »
Easter eggs are like that... Also I think most of us are in the eating healthily boat just now! (Or at least I am  o_o)

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 04:10:21 PM »
As commander of another Chinese force I think THIS is the truthfull report.

I love game reports with lots of pics like this but it so makes me jealous as I never have the time, or other players, to do anything myself :'(
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline oldskoolrebel

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • My Campaigns
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 04:12:37 PM »
Its not a case of think, Svenn, you know this is the truthful report!  lol

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 04:24:42 PM »
Totally false reporting. You should be reported to the "False reporting committee". They should take away your reporters licence.
for anybody who wants the truth go here.
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=18233.msg219713#msg219713
maybe that should be the British proof ;)

This is the last of the eggs from easter.
Both the kids had about 12 each. So many that I have had to help them eat them. :D

Offline Bullshott

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • I need a bigger hammer
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/27772452@N07/sets/
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 06:22:54 PM »
Great looking game and nice to finally see the Chinese steam tank take to the field.
Sir Henry Bullshott, Keeper of Ancient Knowledge

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 07:08:37 PM »
Gluteus M; I can't take the credit for anything in the game... except the excellent strategic ability of the Chinese.  ;D

The Steamtank (along with all the models and terrain) is Gamer Mac's and I think more details can be found over here:
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=13752.0

Thanks OSReb, I somehow missed that thread, or more likely my 248K of memory couldn't cope with the info >:(

It's a remarkable feat of miniature engineering, so kudos to the other (more talented) GM  lol

Your report was excellent, though  ;)

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 11:24:43 AM »
Just to finish off the report

News flash from the Imperial city.
Further news of the glorious imperial forces on Atlantis has been received.
The close combat and quick first aid skills of General Zui’e saved Dr Fu Manchu from serious injury and he is now fit to resume his mysterious role.
Sue Fla Zui’e has also appeared back after the disastrous raid on a British supply depot but she has appeared back on her own with the report of the loss of all of her force. She personally seen the demise of the Special forces unit but she is unclear as to what happened to Od Wok and Peter Wee. When the full Chinese forces arrive on the island in a few weeks time, a further search of the area will be carried out.

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 07:43:00 PM »
Brilliant Report.  Love that Chinese landship. 
This is my boomstick!

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 07:56:10 AM »
From a clipping today:

A group of Chinese and Turkish evangelical explorers
said Monday they believe they may have found Noah's Ark -- four
thousand metres up a mountain in Turkey.

The team say they recovered wooden specimens from a structure on Mount
Ararat in eastern Turkey that carbon dating proved was 4,800 years
old, around the same time the ark is said to have been afloat.

"It's not 100 percent that it is Noah's Ark but we think it is 99.9
percent that this is it," Yeung Wing-cheung, a Hong Kong documentary
filmmaker and member of the 15-strong team from Noah's Ark Ministries
International told AFP.

Looks like old Fu Manchu is stil at it.