Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:57:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Freebooter's Fate  (Read 9127 times)

Offline richarDISNEY

• Mad Scientist
  • Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club
Re: Freebooter's Fate
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 01:48:44 PM »
Thanks a lot for the info...
When will the general release be?
Not to be pushy, but a few guys in my Club are getting excited about this game...

Thanks again!
"What exactly is a 'Headpiece to the Staff of Ra'?"

RicharDISNEY

Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club

Offline morkin

• Bookworm
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 02:08:22 PM »
I'm supposed to hear from Werner tomorrow or the day after that about the general release date. I'll keep you posted.

Offline morkin

• Bookworm
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 09:22:05 PM »
Well, I've just had it confirmed: Freebooter's Fate is going to be available from the Freebooter Webshop from 11 May 2010 onwards. And as far as I've heard there will be starter specials as well. I'll keep you posted once I have more details.

Offline Chilledenuff

• Librarian
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2010, 09:20:42 AM »
Can't wait.. I need to buy some minis! 
When is the forum reopening?  Do you know?
Smile!  It's not that bad!

Offline morkin

• Bookworm
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2010, 12:01:17 PM »
When is the forum reopening?  Do you know?
Sorry, no idea. If I judge Werner's current workload correctly, it's not gonna be anytime soon, either. In the meantime, feel free to post any questions, comments etc. in whatever forum you catch me. What I can't answer or deal with, I'll pass on to Werner.  :)

Offline Chilledenuff

• Librarian
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2010, 12:40:54 PM »
Sorry, no idea. If I judge Werner's current workload correctly, it's not gonna be anytime soon, either.
Lots of miniatures to sculpt and release I hope!

In the meantime, feel free to post any questions, comments etc. in whatever forum you catch me. What I can't answer or deal with, I'll pass on to Werner.  :)

Cool, thanks for the info.  Once i've made a long list of questions I'll pm you on here, or just list them in this here topic.

BTW You looked like you were having fun running demo games at Salute, and as a bystander (every time I went to get a game you were in the middle of one!) it looked like you and the participants were thouroughly enjoying yourselves.  It also made sense watching (not something every rule set can claim!!)

Offline morkin

• Bookworm
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2010, 08:37:37 PM »
BTW You looked like you were having fun running demo games at Salute, and as a bystander (every time I went to get a game you were in the middle of one!) it looked like you and the participants were thouroughly enjoying yourselves.  It also made sense watching (not something every rule set can claim!!)
I had an absolutely blast running the games. Which was largely due to the players. They all got into the spirit of the thing and not one of them looked like they'd rather wax their cat than play another turn. There was one chap who was a bit quiet and reserved in the beginning, but he sure perked up when the lead started to fly.  :) It was great fun. I'm glad to hear that this became apparent to outside observers as well.

Offline morkin

• Bookworm
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2010, 12:01:21 PM »
Just to let you know that the Freebooter's Fate rule book has been reviewed by Beasts Of War at http://www.youtube.com/beastsofwar#p/u/1/L1L2I6rEmSs.

Offline morkin

• Bookworm
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2010, 11:42:38 AM »
In response to the otherwise very positive initial user feedback (ta very much to all of you), we have decided to put up a complete list of the hire fees for all characters which are featured in the book. This also includes the values for those characters which have not been released yet.

The pdf can be downloaded at:
http://freebooterminiatures.de/downloads/Punkte_e_02.pdf

Offline morkin

• Bookworm
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2010, 12:31:41 PM »
The game has now officially been launched and is generally available. You can either point your browser to http://www.freebooterminiatures.de/indexeng.html or pester your Friendly Local Games Shop about it. Either way, we hope you'll like it. I will continue to be available for questions on this forum, although the way things are going, there will be a noticeable delay in your questions being answered until the dust from the initial rush has settled.  :) Sorry about that in advance.

Offline Lupus

• Mad Scientist
    • http://z11.invisionfree.com/Kashindan/index.php?act=idx
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2010, 12:34:43 PM »
Hey Morkin you do get around a bit ;)

For those interested the UKCORD forum ahs had a lot going on about Freebooter's Fate and Morkin has answered many a question there.

http://www.conf-federation.org.uk/forum/index.php?board=174.0

Become who you really are... [/i]

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2010, 12:38:12 PM »
Bit too pricey for my liking.

Offline richarDISNEY

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2010, 02:12:17 PM »
 Morkin -
What if I bought some of these figs before, and do not have the cards.
Are the stat cards available in the book or as a Down Load?
 I really hope so.

Also...  Are there rules for making your own character?  Or do we have to use the pre-set characters?

I don't have the book yet, but I am ordering it today.  I cannot wait to get my hands on it. o_o

Offline richarDISNEY

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2010, 03:59:23 PM »
Also, is it beneficial to buy two decks of cards?

Offline Thargor

• Mastermind
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2010, 08:57:29 PM »
morkin has said on UKCoRD Forum that there will be a way to get cards if you already have the miniatures, details will follow on the Freebooter website at some point.

Don't think there's any point in having a second deck, unless you think you'll damage/ lose the first deck.  Once you've gone through the deck, you just shuffle it and start again.