Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:37:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690585
  • Total Topics: 118338
  • Online Today: 822
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Freebooter's Fate  (Read 9152 times)

Offline morkin

• Bookworm
Re: Freebooter's Fate
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2010, 09:38:11 PM »
Back from holiday now and I see that the method of getting cards for minis you already have has been made official: go to the freebooter shop, select the Freebooter's Fate category, go to the very bottom until you find ZUB 000. Enter however many cards you need and specify in the comments field, exactly which ones they are and what language they are supposed to be in, English or German.

Offline morkin

• Bookworm
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2010, 09:40:13 PM »
Oh yes, and there is no real benefit from having more than one deck, unless you are playing with more than two players and don't want to keep handing hit location cards from player to player. But I'm really grasping here...  :)

Offline Dreadaxe

• Schoolboy
Dreadaxe

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2010, 02:58:27 AM »
Rumor has it one of the boxes Neotacha has wrapped for me for Father's Day* is a copy of the rulebook, the cards, and maybe a few more miniatures.  Sure hope so!

So, how does the game play for more than two players?  My brother, brother-in-law, nephew and a friend are coming for visit, about a week, at the end of the month.  I'm working on a Mordheim mini-campaign, but if Freebooter's Fate works well for a group of people, we will certainly want to give it a spin.

Offline richarDISNEY

• Mad Scientist
  • Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2010, 05:58:41 AM »
Got mine in the mail today.
Called the guys in the Club...  Game this Saturday! I better start reading! lol

Cannot wait! o_o
"What exactly is a 'Headpiece to the Staff of Ra'?"

RicharDISNEY

Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club

Offline morkin

• Bookworm
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2010, 04:31:53 PM »
So, how does the game play for more than two players?  My brother, brother-in-law, nephew and a friend are coming for visit, about a week, at the end of the month.  I'm working on a Mordheim mini-campaign, but if Freebooter's Fate works well for a group of people, we will certainly want to give it a spin.
My very first game was a three-player one, and it got me hooked, so I'd say it plays fairly well.  ;) There are some scenarios in the book for more than two crews. You can also split a crew among players, that works pretty well because play alternates by miniatures and not crews and combat is resolved instantly so the need to co-ordinate keeps it interesting.

Offline morkin

• Bookworm
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2010, 04:32:53 PM »
Got mine in the mail today.
Called the guys in the Club...  Game this Saturday! I better start reading! lol

Cannot wait! o_o
Wahey! Finally!  :) Let us know how it went. And if you have any questions or something you think sould go in the FAQ, please let me know.

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2010, 05:59:50 AM »
Thanks for the response. Morkin!  I am looking forward to playing it later this month.

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2010, 05:18:56 PM »
I did indeed receive a copy of Freebooter's Fate and some of the miniatures from the cats (by way of Neotacha) for Father's Day. It is a very pretty rulebook, and I hope to give the rules a spin this coming week when out-of-town company will be visiting.

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2010, 08:30:49 PM »
I posted a very in-depth review on Monday if anyone wants to know what it's all about...

http://wargameguru.weebly.com/in-focus-review---freebooters-fate.html

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2010, 11:54:07 PM »
Enjoyed the review, WGG.

I read a decent chunk of the rules today at work - looks like a lot of fun, frankly.  Looking forward to trying it out this week.

I have most of the Imperial Armada miniatures and a good chunk of the pirates - none of the orcs/goblins or assassin factions though.  I will probably pick them up over time, since they are such nice figures, but they are on the pricey side (the exchange rate is a big factor there, of course).  We will also cheerfully use non-Freebooter models, of course.

Indeed, if we like the game, once we have a good feel for it I would be surprised if we don't try to cobble up some rules for dwarves and undead bands.   Hopefully Freebooter will officially expand into some new factions (cause even if we wind up not liking the game, more miniatures from Freebooter is always a Good Thing). 

Hopefully there will be rules for campaign play at some point.  One reason our group has played Mordheim steadily since its original release is because it has such a nice campaign system. 

My summer school class is taking their mid-term tomorrow, so I'll probably finish the rules then.  Our game-playin' house guests invade tomorrow night...

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2010, 04:31:22 AM »
It is a lot of fun. Glad you enjoyed the review.

I'm dying for some undead/skeleton pirates, crossng my fingers that those are next. They already have a couple of skeleton figures in the regular Freebooter range too, so it would't be too hard to add them.

I didn't think about Dwarves, that would be cool too.