Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:29:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Don't Blink  (Read 5861 times)

Online majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Don't Blink
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2010, 09:07:59 AM »
i liked the dalek episode, just the usual cheesy dr who stuff as normal really! will have to watch yesterdays on the i player, was playing CODMW2

Offline LikeTheSound

• Lurker
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2010, 10:59:27 AM »
Wow. That was good. I love those angels. Best thing since the 2005 relaunch. They scare the fucking shit out of me. After a decidedly dodgy bit of crappy Dalek-wank, the series really got back on track tonight. Instant classic. Doctor Who meets Aliens with John Hanning Speke thrown in for good measure. More of this, less Daleks, please.

And that guy at the start with the lipstick was Mike Skinner out of The Streets, wasn't it?

It was Mike Skinner, you can read more about it here
http://like-the-sound.blogspot.com/2010/04/mike-skinner-in-doctor-who-time-of.html

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 09:47:39 AM »
Ah, thought it looked and sounded like him. Ta.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 06:55:30 PM »
I actually really like Graham Norton. But that little cartoon advert thing popping up in the episode - that is unforgivable. I'm not a vindictive person, but I hope there is enough outrage that someone loses their job over that. Totally broke the immersion.

Just goes to show none of the telly companies really give a shit about the viewers of anything but "reality" shows. I've complained to the Beeb. "Riled from Rowley Regis". I don't expect a result, though.

Still, idiotic intrusions aside, it was probably the best Who I've seen for a while- and there has been a lot of very good Who in the last few years.

I hope they keep the quality going for part two and don't spoil everything with a really silly ending  :)

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 07:33:48 PM »
Just goes to show none of the telly companies really give a shit about the viewers of anything but "reality" shows. I've complained to the Beeb. "Riled from Rowley Regis". I don't expect a result, though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8643684.stm

5000 and counting...

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 10:05:58 PM »
Recorded it on Saturday and just finished watching it now - Ace stuff - the angels were pretty creepy!  >:D

As for the Graham ~!%*ing Norton and the ~^"!ing idiots who stuck him in at the end...

Can we have an all-star epsiode where the good Doctor fails to save certain celebrities from painful and exotic deaths at the hands of some suitably nasty aliens. It could be set on a reality TV show looking for the next vapid "star" for some crappy West End show...  >:( >:(

5000 and counting...

Now 5001!

Offline myincubliss

• Mad Scientist
    • dead lead project
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 10:46:46 PM »
Can we have an all-star epsiode where the good Doctor fails to save certain celebrities from painful and exotic deaths at the hands of some suitably nasty aliens. It could be set on a reality TV show looking for the next vapid "star" for some crappy West End show...  >:( >:(

Bring back the Anne-droid, and blammo, it's canonically possible...

Offline Geckilian

• Librarian
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 11:54:23 PM »
I watched it on the iplayer, and didn't get a Graham Norton ad at the end. I guess being at work when it airs helps.

Offline ancientsociety

• Mad Scientist
    • My blog
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2010, 04:45:25 PM »
*possible spoilers*

Just watched it last night and...I dunno, I'm getting a little tired of the power creep cliches Moffat seems to be stuck on right now...first it's the Dalek Rangers, now the Angels new "imaging" and "eye staring" powers...ummm, when did that happen? In Blink, the angels don't possess the latter, so when (and, more importantly, WHY) did they acquire it?

Also, I thought the Angels original "death touch" was brilliant but it's now gone!?  :'(

And River Song was just annoying the whole ep. I really liked her character in Silence In The Library and how melancholy/conflicted she was over meeting the Doctor so early. Now she's just cocky and over-enthusiatic...

Sorry, I've probably given something away to those who inadvertantly read this. I'm just curious if anyone else was as underwhelmed as I was?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 05:09:54 PM by ancientsociety »

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2010, 09:36:47 PM »
Not underwhelmed myself although I see where you're coming from about River Song - "Sonic me!"  ::)

Quite liked the imaging stunt and Angel Bob on the radio was quite creepy.

Seem to remember there was a little "throwaway" line the Doctor mentioned to explain the differences between Angels old and new - but can't remember what he said...  ;D

Offline anevilgiraffe

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • http://anevilgiraffe.blogspot.com/
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2010, 09:49:53 PM »
Seem to remember there was a little "throwaway" line the Doctor mentioned to explain the differences between Angels old and new - but can't remember what he said...  ;D

the last lot were scavenging to survive... these ones have a plan...

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2010, 10:06:17 PM »
That's the bunny!  :D

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2010, 06:50:51 PM »
Loved that line towards the end - about "sorting out".

Wish they'd stop giving away half the next episode in the trailer though.

The "Confidential" documentary on BBC3 was good too.

I noticed (in the supermarket) that dedicated Angels fans can get a free Weeping Angel mask on the latest Dr Who comic.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 06:53:04 PM by fastolfrus »
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Froggy the Great

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ...let slip the frogs of war.
    • My deviantArt gallery of painted figures
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2010, 06:57:47 PM »
I get the feeling that up till now Moffat has been playing with us.  About halfway through Angels pt II I suddenly had the feeling of the plot expanding and unfolding around me.  It was fun.
You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up.

Offline Steve F

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Pedantic bugger, apparently.
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2010, 07:11:56 PM »
I trust that everyone noticed that when the Doctor apparently came back to speak to Amy after she had shut her eyes, he was wearing a jacket?

Wibbly-wobbley timey-wimey, perhaps?  "Spoilers!"