Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:30:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Narsty Orcses  (Read 20226 times)

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
Re: Narsty Orcses
« Reply #105 on: April 28, 2010, 09:48:07 PM »
Heretic!

or maybe this is a job for....

The Bishop!  :o

Although to be fair having received and watched most of the Python's box set of all the TV series there are one or two flat moments amongst all the insane genius!  ;)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 09:54:16 PM by Thantsants »

Offline phreedh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Carpe plumbum!
    • Phreedh's Ministuff
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2010, 08:00:41 AM »
Gawd, I hate Monty Python, drags on so much! Get to the point! I know that's what's meant to be funny, but it's too much!
Kids nowadays, eh? No patience at all...  Monty Python isnt' long winded at all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HevM-35hJUE
Please visit my miniature gaming blog at http://ministuff.godzilla.se

Offline Erny

• Scientist
    • Erny's Place.
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2010, 08:49:53 AM »
I'd never noticed the similarity between that Ogre and Tim before. Do you think it was intentional?

I ruined python for myself by watching and quoting it ad nauseum as a 15 year old. Its still funny I just know it all by heart now which takes some of the sheen off.

Anyway excellent Ogre your collection continues to grow with the really character pieces.

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2010, 03:52:46 PM »
All I remember is thinking it was childish nonsense and not very British at all! I had a very geeky friend who wouldn't stop quoting it when we were growing up. Didn't help it. When I got around to watching it, I just felt stupid.

I prefer witty comedy. Sorry.  ;D

Offline Erny

• Scientist
    • Erny's Place.
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2010, 05:28:10 PM »
OK I tried but I couldn't let that one go so sorry for the slight derailment that is about to happen normal service will resume momentarily.

Monty Python is about as British as it gets with its obsession with class, irony and innuendo. It is very clever and witty stuff. If you only see the silliness, which  at the time was an almost unique (let us not forget Milligan)  breath of fresh air, then you are missing half the show. The stuffy critics in '69 said it was just silliness!

Spam,spam,spam,spam,spam. Spam,spam,spam,spam,spam. Spam,spam,spam,spam,spam. Spam,spam,spam,spam,spam.

Offline Thantsants

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Somewhere the tea's getting cold...
« Reply #110 on: April 29, 2010, 07:41:35 PM »
Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam!

And now for something else completely different...

I'd never noticed the similarity between that Ogre and Tim before. Do you think it was intentional?

Cheers Erny - I reckon so! Would have painted him in black and red if I wasn't so crap at black - plus he wouldn't have looked smelly enough!

Anyway don't worry Rob - you'll find as you get older you begin to regress mentally and things like Python make more sense than the 6 'O Clock News - and I'm only 30!  ;D ;)

I can imagine having a friend speaking nothing but Pythonese when you haven't got a clue what he's on about might get a bit wearing... same round our house when I hook up with my brothers and we slip into Reeves and Mortimer mode - Mother is this far from having us all sectioned!  :D lol

Nice vid by the way Phreedh - haven't seen that one in a while.  :D

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2010, 10:29:44 PM »
Yeahhhh...

I have to say, there are silly comedies I like. Beavis and Butthead is one, but that's probably just because I understand the references...

I like the crazy artwork in Monty Python though. Cool stuff.