Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:05:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Alpha Forge games  (Read 6477 times)

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
Re: Alpha Forge games
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2010, 05:11:11 PM »
I was thinking the same thing, Supervike - Kansas and Iowa are not that far away....

Wait a second?! What about New York? We need a US LeadAdventure Meeting!

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2010, 05:21:57 PM »
how about a con in vegas?  lol
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Hawkeye

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2010, 05:26:20 PM »
Now THAT, LeadAsbestos, is a great idea! Britain (and Europe too, if you're willing to fly or take the Eurostar) has its fair share of cons were LAFers are well represented. We need to lobby for one here in the USA! Supervike would agree that Star Mogul needs to be played, but that's just the tip of the iceberg! What else could we do?
Sono Pazzi Questi Romani

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2010, 11:36:25 AM »
A LAF con in Vegas sounds great!!  It's a good travel hub and there are plenty of large hotels
witht he space needed for a Con!  And remember whatever happens in Vegas stays in Vegas! lol

Darkoath

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2010, 01:19:39 PM »
Vegas is icky. I got married in Vegas, by Elvis no less! :D ::)

Well, aside from that detail, I could do Vegas! Bring my China Town, 1999, and Slaine minis, work out some kind of game w/ the SOBAH rules for any or all of the 3?
Then cocktails and strippers!

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2010, 01:23:03 PM »
If I put together a crew, can someone guide me through the process? I have no Star Mogul! :?

Offline Hawkeye

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2010, 03:41:53 PM »
Chris,

The rules are pretty straightforward (Star Mogul, I mean!), and can even be purchased as a PDF from the Alpha Forge website. Crews are built around the idea that you want a dedicated unit (usually four models) that can work on obtaining salvage), and then maybe another unit (again, four models or so) that have ranged weapons so that they can keep the salvagers intact. Add in a vehicle to shift the salvage once you've cut it loose, and a huge robot with massive hydraulic hands for ripping stuff apart, and you more or less have it! Later today I'll post up an outline of one of my gangs (and, okay, maybe I'll even include photos of the unpainted minis), and you'll get the idea. Then Supervike will look at my list and say 'you were planning on playing a game with THAT? You're braver than I thought'.
In fact, what I should really do is start a new thread about it - that's my plan for today, so bear with me!

Offline TheMightyFlip

• Mastermind
  • Smoggie!!
    • Flips Miniatures
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2010, 05:27:14 PM »
Chris,

The rules are pretty straightforward (Star Mogul, I mean!), and can even be purchased as a PDF from the Alpha Forge website. Crews are built around the idea that you want a dedicated unit (usually four models) that can work on obtaining salvage), and then maybe another unit (again, four models or so) that have ranged weapons so that they can keep the salvagers intact. Add in a vehicle to shift the salvage once you've cut it loose, and a huge robot with massive hydraulic hands for ripping stuff apart, and you more or less have it! Later today I'll post up an outline of one of my gangs (and, okay, maybe I'll even include photos of the unpainted minis), and you'll get the idea. Then Supervike will look at my list and say 'you were planning on playing a game with THAT? You're braver than I thought'.
In fact, what I should really do is start a new thread about it - that's my plan for today, so bear with me!

After reading that seems I have all the stuff i need, save for the rules and anyone to play with... :(

Offline Hawkeye

• Mastermind
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2010, 06:11:29 PM »
@MightyFlip - why  :-[ rather than  :)? A new game to play! Actually, I know what you mean. Once you feel that close to being able to get started with a new game, it's almost inevitable that you will, and then the week after, it will happen again, and again, and....

Pretty much that's it, though - a Salvage Dog (a vehicle for hauling salvage), a big demolition 'bot, a company boss, two shareholders, and between four and eight grunts. That's your salvage gang. That's why I have enough for two complete gangs, and almost enough for another two. Maybe that means I should run it as a demo game somewhere.....(starts to pace about the house, muttering incomprehensibly and taking mental notes....)

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2010, 04:15:17 AM »
Damn it! Yet another game! And I've been putting together a themed SF crew in my head for the past coupla months, without knowing why, and here it is!

My name is Chris, and I'm a Lead Addict... ::)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2010, 12:34:26 PM »
HI Chris!  lol

Offline Hawkeye

• Mastermind
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2010, 03:52:30 PM »
Hello again, CommissarMoody! It occurred to me after my last post that the thread had drifted a long way from your original question! But as for how easy it is to get hooked by a new game, particularly one in which you can finally use stuff that's been in the lead mountain for years, Chris has just demonstrated how impossible it is to resist!

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2010, 10:54:19 PM »
I know right, as chris said, "Hello I am a lead addict"

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2010, 01:36:03 PM »
If I put together a crew, can someone guide me through the process? I have no Star Mogul! :?

I'd be glad to help out where I can!

Here is a link to my first crew.  They had a painted contest over there, which I luckily edged out Matakishi for the win.  Anyhow, here is the 'crew info' that I made, and then Rod posted...

http://www.alphaforgegames.com/f/Boss_Maddie_Sanchez1.pdf

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2010, 04:47:35 AM »
Oh good background