Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:14:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690889
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: T&T Questions  (Read 3761 times)

Offline Black Cavalier

• Scientist
  • Pro Rege et Regnum
T&T Questions
« on: May 07, 2010, 06:00:47 PM »
Hi, new players & have a few questions after reading the rules a few times:

1) Seems like a airplane can't attack a unit within 12" of the edge of the table since it needs to move onto the table 12" before it can attack.  Is that right?

2) In 2nd & subsequent melee rounds, the lower Initiative unit moves into further contact 1st?  It would seem that the winner would be allowed to choose the match ups?

3) Does Suppression have an affect on Morale?  I didn't see one.

4) What are the + & - values after the ranges on the weapon charts?  I'm assuming they're range modifiers, but I didn't see them explained anywhere.

Thanks
Remember, remember, the Dalek December
With Paris in ruins and London in ember
In times of the future when fears are abating
Don’t try to forget them, the Daleks are waiting
Quietly planning and scheming and hating…

Offline Skrapwelder

• Mastermind
  • Pluviophile
    • What Ho, Cythereans!
Re: T&T Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 06:37:26 PM »
Don't know about planes but for the others my take has been:

2) That's the way I read it. Not sure why.

3) The only effects to the morale check that I can see are the units morale modifier and any modifier it has because of a Leader attached.

4) Those are "To Hit" modifiers added or subtracted from the rolls to hit. Page 12 in the book goes into the detail here.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 06:40:43 PM »
All answers refer to the slightly revised 2nd printing (the one with the vehicle cards in the back), but should be applicable to the 1st printing as well.

1) Seems like a airplane can't attack a unit within 12" of the edge of the table since it needs to move onto the table 12" before it can attack.  Is that right?

Not necessarily. The rules do not specify that you have to move away from the table edge, only that you have to move 12". So, you could place it on the table edge to indicate its proximity. Then, when the plane's card comes up, select an entry point and flight direction. You could also fly in a parallel line to the table edge, or in a very acute angle, so that your base ends up only 4" from the edge, but the plane moved 12" (or more).

Apart from that, any bombs you drop are dropped on enemy units BEHIND you but on your flight path. Remember to roll for scatter, though.

2) In 2nd & subsequent melee rounds, the lower Initiative unit moves into further contact 1st?  It would seem that the winner would be allowed to choose the match ups?

The lower Ini unit moves first, giving the winner (who should have more figures by now) the option to react to these moves and "gang up" on target figures he or she considers important.

3) Does Suppression have an affect on Morale?  I didn't see one.

Not in that they affect the rolls. The Suppression markes indicate when a unit must test (more markers than figures) and that some figures (equal to the number of markers) are sufficiently distressed to reduce their shooting and melee rolls.

4) What are the + & - values after the ranges on the weapon charts?  I'm assuming they're range modifiers, but I didn't see them explained anywhere.

It doesn't specify it expressly, that's right. The general shooting modifier table lists generic modifiers for short, medium and long range, and the weapons tables list the specific modifiers to differenciate more between types of weapons. So yes, they are modifiers.

Offline Black Cavalier

• Scientist
  • Pro Rege et Regnum
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 02:23:20 AM »
Thanks Chris.  We had other questions come up in our game last.  If an unactivated unit is charged & wins melee, is that unit still able to activate later?  Or is the melee their activation?

Also, we noticed the "Target charging shooters -2" modifier.  When could that happen if each unit is activated one at a time?  Only when the charger & target are both activated in the same turn & have the same initiative?

Thanks

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 07:28:46 AM »
Hi,

rules say
1 )  check morale when you have more markers than active soldiers.
If you fail your activation ends immediately.

If not, you can activate you re unit.

I think the better solution is to make a score check to see if the unit can activate as normal after the morale check.

This rule will probably become "official" 

2 ) Both units activate on quality 3.  Unit A is charger unit B is firer. Unit B can fire at A while unit A is charging. But Unit B will have a -2 modifier.

Unit A is the charger and has quality 2. Unit B is the firer and has quality 1. The guys in unit B will not have the chance to fire at the charger.

Thanks for your questions and I hope you had a little fun with the game.

Cheers
Björn
, ,