Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:09:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690765
  • Total Topics: 118348
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Drug Crazed Loonies  (Read 6906 times)

Offline abhorsen950

• Mastermind
Re: Drug Crazed Loonies
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2010, 04:15:45 PM »
There really cool....

Offline Ramshackle_Curtis

• Mastermind
    • http://www.ramshacklegames.co.uk/
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2010, 06:52:53 PM »
Oh my god, what a very bad photoshop-work!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, well its the style of my presentation. Its not so much "bad work" as a "stylistic choice", er, yes well.....

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2010, 08:37:20 PM »
Haha, well its the style of my presentation. Its not so much "bad work" as a "stylistic choice", er, yes well.....

With a little more conviction you might have got away with that....  ::)

Saying that, my photo editing skills are worse than useless, so I can't do any of that sort of stuff  lol

Offline Little Pete

• Bookworm
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2010, 09:24:25 PM »
They look really nice Curtis. I'll definitely look at getting these and some others when I get the chance. I'm still not sure If I'm coming over to England this summer but if not, we're definitely there next year for a wedding. I'm going to have to insist on a quick trip up to Nottingham while the girls do girly things ;-) It'll give me more time to save up for cool Nuc-Ren models.

I third the motion of making some neat corpse markers to go out and give the battlefield character. I could have a bash at them if you like. I've just finished my first real sculpted figure. He's a gas-mask wearing chap with a knife and gun and with any luck, would be castable in resin. I'll try to send you some photos tonight. If it would work for you, I'd be happy to post him over so you can look at casting. If not, I'll paint him up and work on a new model.

All the best,

Pete

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2010, 09:42:45 PM »

It is a rustic approach which would aim to make his business look more cottage-industry based and therefore get more mercy-buys.

Obviously.

Admittedly, I quite like the photoshopping. You haven't tried to superimpose them into the background, which usually looks rubbish because of how our vision works. It usually doesn't blend properly or look natural at all. Basically, you have filled the what would otherwise be empty space with something that adds a feel and an ambience to the rough nature of the miniatures which works wonderfully. The images are not contrived is what I am trying to say!  ;)

Offline Little Pete

• Bookworm
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2010, 09:57:30 PM »
I agree too on the photograph.

It's a nice effect that gives a good vibe while not interfering with the model. Sometimes blank backgrounds aren't the best show and going too far the other way makes me think I should be buying the scenery not the model.

What's next in the pipeline curtis?

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2010, 09:46:18 AM »
Corspe markers are a great idea, maybe I will even do some!

Next in the pipeline is bikers. Im just waiting for them to come back from the casters. In the mean time im doing soem other bits and bobs. I have 2 more giggles clan models ready, and Im shoving together a bunch of orcs(haha). Im not sure what to go onto after that. Maybe you can help?

Id like to make mutants, soldiers or beasts. I also want to make a small amount of zombies. What do you guys think would be best to do?

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2010, 10:14:24 AM »
mutants and zombies....
and beasts....  ;D
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2010, 10:18:17 AM »
Corpse markers are definitely a good idea.

Id like to make mutants, soldiers or beasts. I also want to make a small amount of zombies. What do you guys think would be best to do?

Personally, simply because its a hole in the market and has a lot in common with Gilgamesh and elements of the Giggles clan, I think that you should make something that would pass as a Powerloader from Aliens.

As far as I can see there isnt a suitable 28mm model available already and it fits well with the industrial look that much of your stuff has.

Holes in the zombie market include all kinds of special, weirdo mutant zombies particularly like those from the Left 4 Dead video game series (I converted up some of my own here).

There are so many common or garden zombie figures available these days at various price points and standard levels that more would have to have something special I think.  On the other hand, if they are too weird then maybe they wont appeal to many people, I dont know.

The Ratnik zombies that are due to be available over here at some stage soon have a good example of oddball zombies that appeal to me and that I havent seen before already.

There arent currently very many zombies specifically made for sci-fi settings but modern and fantasy are awash with options at this stage.  In my opinion Ramshackle zeds would have to stand out from the crowd in some way to begin to be worth it to you from a business standpoint I think.

Thats what I reckon anyway.  Good luck.  And consider the Powerloader thing.  If it looked a lot like the movie version I would be all over a couple :)

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2010, 01:13:43 PM »

Corpse markers are a brilliant catch-all miniature, if it's done generic enough..

I may be biased, but I think that in order to flesh out the NRII background I think that the Friendly Panda Chemical Corporation needs a model or two. Perhaps even a chem tractor.

Anyhow what I meant was that I think the most interesting things you can do are really those that relate to the NR background and not zombies... which exist in every other game out there and would end up as a spectacular waste of effort.. haha no not necessarily - but it's not exactly a rarity.

Of course it's more important that you do what you feel for. So the result will be splendid.

Of even greater importance is that you make a dunger farmer. Otherwise the time and space continuum will collapse.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 01:16:11 PM by Thorbjørn Nielsen »
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline Little Pete

• Bookworm
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2010, 02:55:27 PM »
I agree with Thor. Some Friendly Panda Chem figures would be great. Perhaps some of the suits (agent pink/white/blue etc.) who were mentioned the big roster for Mk1 of the game. Didn't the gang value come out to 80,000 or something? Also, a chemical tractor/truck would be great. You could do it with some tweaks off the HST boiler and a truck frame, perhaps with some panels that had FPCC logos or the like to attach.

Corpse markers I'm in favour of too as they would be easy to do and cast in resin.

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2010, 05:38:15 PM »
Yeah, corpse markers and Friendly Panda Corp guys sound good.

Vehicles wise, I'd like to see some steam engines to just plonk onto any old flat surface. An oven with a big pipe coming off it basically!!!  :)

Offline Bako

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Loopy as a clock-work orange.
    • Hitting Dirtside
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2010, 09:10:35 AM »
What do you guys think would be best to do?

You know what I'm after. ;)

Anyhow what I meant was that I think the most interesting things you can do are really those that relate to the NR background and not zombies... which exist in every other game out there and would end up as a spectacular waste of effort...

You people are completely missing my point. I wasn't talking about some Romero beast, but fungal hosts. They'd only be 'zombie'-like in the sense that they've lost their version of humanity. To an extent sort of like a fungoid version of sacculina barnacles that turn their hosts into 'zombie' slaves. And here I thought it would make Curtis's moldy mushrooms more menacing. ::) :)
Everything is better with lizardmen.

• Mastermind
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2010, 09:56:45 AM »
Im currently writing up a book of extra rules, which include zombies. Im totally of the opinion that there are so many zombies that its almost impossible to do somethng new. However, as said above I really like the idea of mushroom infected zombies, and indeed mechanical zombies I think will work. As I dont pay a sculptor and the mould making I do is very cheap, I can afford to make models that have extremely niche appeal. SO yes, I was only planning 4 or 5 zombies, and wirrd ones at that. Maybe I will hold off.

I like the idea of some friendly panda figures. I peronally like the storm executives, and think they would make excellent models. This with of course some  goons in haz mat suits! I think a chemical truck is an excellent idea too. THe spider tank boiler sells extremely well and I think a slighlty smaller one would be a good addition to the range.

As to the lifter, I was toying with the idea of more power suits, legged "bikes", exo armour and robot bits. Parhaps a multi piece kit that allows you to build something approaching a power lifter type thing? The problem with this is the limitations of the resin casting process!

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2010, 01:27:30 PM »
SO yes, I was only planning 4 or 5 zombies, and wirrd ones at that. Maybe I will hold off.

Hopefully not.  I will be in the market for a handful of oddball zombies whenever you get around to doing them :)

Even dressing them in the Ramshackle style will make them somewhat distinct, but all the better if they are something unique.  With so many zeds-of-the-line out there I am always on the lookout for some fun variations on the theme.

As to the lifter, I was toying with the idea of more power suits, legged "bikes", exo armour and robot bits. Parhaps a multi piece kit that allows you to build something approaching a power lifter type thing?

That was what I was thinking, modular parts that each have a flat side (like most resin castings) that can be put together in a range of ways, just like most of the Ramshackle vehicle bits that I have seen.  I would have thought that with several sets of arms/legs/chassis available that large variation would be possible without too much work on the behalf of the owner.

If you could include a pair of forklift like arms, a pilot in a rollbar and some industrial looking legs as well as the other bike-legs, robot bodies / monowheels / huge guns / gibbets / God-knows-what-else etc then that might work out well for everyone :)

The problem with this is the limitations of the resin casting process!

Of course, but having seen some of your various Tridlins and vehicle components it seems to me that a chunky version of what has been suggested is likely to be possible. 

I do understand many of the potential technical issues that could cause you problems however (I worked in industrial prototyping that involved lots of resin casting for just under five years) but obviously as you are the guy doing the casting, then you know the limitations the best.

Keep us informed on what you decide to go for next :)