Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:29:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for Playtesters  (Read 2129 times)

Offline NewEvolutionGames

• Bookworm
Looking for Playtesters
« on: May 20, 2010, 08:58:17 PM »
CyberSlums: A CyberPunk Fantasy is a 28mm skirmish miniature game set in a Fantasy world that is all grown up. Dwarf Swat teams battle for control against the Elvish Yakuza while Human naturalists summon Earth Elements to battle the creations of Gnome Technowizards. Cybernetics turn your average human into a match for your neighborhood vampire and street drugs like Abracadabra and Hocus Pocus can turn any ganger into a fire-throwing, lightning bolt summoning sorcerer at just the cost of his sanity.

New Evolution Games is looking for playtesters for our new game, CyberSlums. If you are interested, please email newevolutiongames(at)gmail(dot)com. All playtesters will be credited in the released version of the game.
Robert Fisher
Founder- New Evolution Games(Formerly New Evolution Studios)

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
Re: Looking for Playtesters
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 10:42:16 PM »
Where the hell do we get figures for that?!?
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 10:44:55 PM »
Exactly............... :-X
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 11:46:51 PM »
Where the hell do we get figures for that?!?

Old Ral Partha Shadowrun figures, it sounds like... ::)
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline Booboo

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 01:59:46 AM »
I love helping people out, and the concept sounds fun, as someone else said, like shadowrun.

But it's only fair to also provide a brief description of the basic mechanics with a playtesting request.  Not going to be much help to you if I (or someone else) signs up, and decides we don't like some major element of the game (IGO-UGO, or too simplistic or too detailed attributes for our tastes, etc.

Hope you'll put some more details here to help us out.  Good luck either way.

Offline NewEvolutionGames

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 07:55:04 PM »
Thank you all for the interest. We are planning a line of models, just working on getting the game tested and finished first. At this stage, you would be welcome to use any 28mm models you have on hand in order to help us refine the system.

It is a similar concept to Shadowrun, but we're taking a little broader approach. Ogre, Halflings, Orcs, and Goblins are all present. We like to think of it as Lord of the Rings meets Bladerunner or the Matrix.

As for the system, It is d10 based system using a single roll to resolve both hit and damage. Turns are taken simultaneously, with models acting in order of one of the Statistics in their profile. We're hoping for quick resolution of combat. Sorry, if that's a little vague, but we don't want to reveal too much of what we have in store.

Thanks again for the interest and we hope to hear from some of you in the future. 

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 08:14:31 PM »
I'll bite, I have been searching for a skirmish level game for some time and I love crossover/multi genre games like this.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 01:39:26 AM »
SOunds like it might be up my street.  :)

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 01:08:18 PM »
Yeah, sounds groovy. I have enough Dwarves with guns (some in pith helmets, some in viking helmets) that I can get some gun-toting beardy action going, and I'm sure I can dig out some high-tech elves from somewhere or other. Anything else might be heavily proxied. Who's to say there isn't a fashion in the CyberSlums to look 17th century Iroquois? Or, to be going on with, one could always convert them (nice to know there's a range planned however, I like the sound of this!)

Count me in. Email should be winging its way now.