Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:43:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690924
  • Total Topics: 118358
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: My Team  (Read 2625 times)

Offline Lupus

• Mad Scientist
    • http://z11.invisionfree.com/Kashindan/index.php?act=idx
My Team
« on: May 11, 2010, 02:32:32 PM »
Okay a while back i posted loads of info about doing Threashold in the UK (http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=17564.0)

Now here's my starter team.

Cpt Barny Umbridge (Character)

Weapons & Gear
Bowie Knife, .45 Handgun, Lt Armoured Vest

Skills  Command, Characteristic Decrease Dex)            

Captain Umbridge is a Career Military man through and through joined the army as soon as he could and expected it to be all Tea and Medal's.  He couldn't of been more wrong the horrors of the First World War at times shook him to the core.  But none more than when he went to the aid of Father Sulivan who ahd wandered into no mans land and was shouting pryaers at creatures he had seen eating the dead.  Walking into No Mans land his Pistol in his hand they moved closer to the spot Father Redgrave indicated.  When they both got there there were horrified to see the truth two creatures were indeed feasting on the bodies of both sides.  With a few hurried shouts Redgrave tried to banish them it was enough to stall them and Umbridge managed to wound one of them which was good considering how much his hand was shaking and his heart was hammering.

Over the next few months the two ventured a few times into no man's land looking for these creatures.  No one would believe tehre story though parts of it did get back to the UK it wasn't till much later they were both apprioached to join MI5.  Umbridge was pleased of the chance his army carrer had stalled most thought him shell shocked from the war.

Father Julian Redgrave (Agent)

Weapons & Gear
Bowie Knife, .45 Handgun, Holy Book      

Skills  Read Languages            

The third son of a retired Bishop everyone knew at an early age that he was destined for the cloth as well.  What came to many as a surprise was him joining the Army at the out break of the war.  He felt that in a godless country, fighting the godless enemy that every man needed to hear the comforting word of the Lord.  He was a Ypes, The Somme, Pashindale all the places that man had his darkest hour.  He would wander the trenches offering a kind word to many and a final one to even more.  The shocked events of seeing something eating the dead still haunt him today and he is a man that knows that just a few prayers won't help a man he needs might of arm's.         

Mitch O'Toole (Agent)

Weapons & Gear
Bowie Knife, .45 Handgun, Lt Armoured Vest, Double Barreled Shotgun         

Skills  Characteristic Decrease (Dex)            

Mitch is from the east end of London his family moved over from Ireland in 1846.  As any kid not well to do Mitch earned his money moving objects from one place to another.  Normally from rich peoples pockets to his own.  As he grew older he became more of the strong man willing to help crime bosses get protection money.  Then one night when he was returning from a collection racket when he ran into some cultists they kidnapped him and almost sacrificed him to there Gods in some dank sewer if he hadn't of been rescued by some Agents.  He was offered the chance to get his revenge on them and its focused him a little.  Even if he is still well known for getting stuff on the side when it suits him.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 04:08:21 PM by Lupus »
Become who you really are... [/i]

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
Re: My Team
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 03:35:16 PM »
If my math is correct you are 1 point to high for a starting list of 15 total BP.

Character 5
Lt Arm. 1

Agent 2
Lt Arm. 1
Holy Book 2

Agent 2
Lt Arm. 1
D.B. Shot 2

Total=16

Offline Lupus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 03:39:55 PM »
Damn your right i just re-read page 47 again and Characters get them for 1 BP but agents it costs 2 BP..Damn so i might have to change it then or wait till after my first game to give him the book.

Or could i give the book to my character and have him give it to Redgrave at the start of a game?

Offline ZenWired

• Librarian
    • A Rust Monster Ate My Sword
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 03:51:11 PM »
Or could i give the book to my character and have him give it to Redgrave at the start of a game?

The same question came up with our group, and believe me: the guys I play would feed me to the wolves if I told them their characters couldn't do this. That's why we made it a standing house rule that all Extra Gear costs 2 BP regardless. Gear can even be added to civilians, since it didn't make much sense that the new Extra Gear we use - namely flashlights - could only be used by properly trained personnel.  :P
My RPG blog: A Rust Monster Ate My Sword
My miniatures gaming blog: A Hard Won Thing

"You fool, Warren is DEAD!"

Offline Lupus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 04:07:51 PM »
Though 2 BP for a flash light is kinda expensive.

I'll just drop the armour he has in light of the book.  I know it will have limited use and such but it fits the character.  He knows the words by heart but he needs the enemy to see his faith in the source.

Offline jnr

• Scientist
    • Jnr Paint & Model Shop
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 12:44:45 PM »
I go with a agent with a rifle and for his free skill lower his Dex, and the next BP can be used to give him the skill Lighting Fast,or just give the main character a rifle and pick Lighting Fast as a free skill, I rather kill lurker at range then wait till they in CC plus a civilian in the group as cannon fodder.

Offline Lupus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 02:24:34 PM »
Yeah its easy to go that route but i fancied a more Ex Military come ganster look for my team.

I might add someone later ex soldier as a Civilian or even if an Agent dies (Yes it can happen :D)