Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:06:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691081
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Rattrap Productions and Granton City Press Team up  (Read 2632 times)

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
Rattrap Productions and Granton City Press Team up
« on: May 11, 2010, 06:28:58 PM »
The heroes and villains who populate the world of Granton City Press will soon be population a new table top miniatures game.   

An agreement has been reached with Rattrap Productions LLC to bring the Granton City world to the games table with the fall release of ‘While the City Sleeps: A Game of Heroic Action in Granton City’.

The cover art seen here is by Sean Kasper, colored by Gil Murillo.

“When approached about incorporating the diverse characters from Granton City Press into a table top miniatures game, I thought it was a great idea,” said Richard A. Johnson the man behind Rattrap Productions LLC. “Initially we tossed around the idea of incorporating the characters into one of our existing games but came to realize there was enough unique and interesting new character in Granton City to support a new game themselves.”   

Johnson said he had been working on a new game, and it turned out to be a perfect vehicle for characters such as The Black Wolf, The Starling, Ghost Wind and Churchill: Alien Bounty Hunter.   

Calvin Daniels, creator of Granton City Press said having a miniature game coming out to support the books of Granton City Press is amazing.   
“I’ve played a lot of miniature games myself, so it will be a major thrill to sit down and play a game based on a world I and a number of dedicated co-writers have created over the past several months in our novels,” he said. Daniels said he had interest from other parties to work on a game, but was excited to work with Rattrap based on their half decade of experience in the miniature games sector, their dedication to pulp-era gaming, and the willingness of Richard Johnson to allow lots of input into While the City Sleeps.

The new game will be an ideal place for the soon to be released Black Wolf miniature from Zombiesmith Miniatures. Watch for more news on the miniature front in the weeks ahead.   

Granton City Press expects to have The Black Wolf #1: Metal Monsters of Doom out in April. Black Wolf #2, and spin-off titles Unit 13, Ghost Win and Churchill: Alien Bounty Hunter follow in the fall, with a release expected to coincide closely with Rattrap’s release of While the City Sleeps.

You can follow the game’s progress at http://www.rattrapproductions.com as well as at
http://www.facebook.com/l/4d4f6;www.zombiesmith.com or
http://www.facebook.com/l/4d4f6;www.wix.com/grantoncitydesk/togc

Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline theoldschool

• Scientist
Re: Rattrap Productions and Granton City Press Team up
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 07:39:11 PM »
Rich, it's great to see Rattrap going from strength to strength. This looks really interesting and definitely on my shopping list. I hope you've made combat a little more deadly  ;)

Offline dalanshin

• Assistant
  • Valley of Isk Miniatures
    • Valley of Isk Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 03:29:06 PM »
Sounds cool!

Neither of the facebook links seem to go to a FB page... 

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 03:35:56 PM »
Calvin wrote the press release, he may have used the Facebook links to the individual pages.

You can find Black Wolf on Facebook here:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=81770083773

Offline Heldrak

• The Dark Elf
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • LPL IV Bronze Medalist
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 03:38:52 PM »
Interesting!

Will this game use the .45 Adventure mechanics in more of a traditional superhero setting, or is it a completely new/different set of rules?
2012 Lead Tally: Painted:0

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 03:50:59 PM »
This is going to be an entirely new set of rules. The mechanics were something I was noodling around with in my head and this just presented an opportunity to try it out. I'm sure some aspects will feel like the .45 Adventure rules simply because there are parts I love about them.

Offline goon3423

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 06:03:12 PM »
Make new minis BIGGER! You guys have some great stuff, it's just too small to scale up with other companies! Sorry... a little off topic, just my silly rant... :?
I am looking for the following Deadlands minis:  Shotgun Thug, Lost Soul, Cleaners, Railroad Workers & Feral Dead. If you have any of these minis, or if you are one, please send me a PM.

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 06:05:25 PM »
And I appreciate the feedback. Always feel free to express likes and dislikes directly to me.

And the minis for this are going to be produced by Zombiesmith. Like I did Atomic Cafe for Brigade, I am putting the rules together for this release. I will also be selling the rulebook.

Offline Big Sexy

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 05:24:07 AM »
Any teasers on the mechanics?  Sounds interesting but there's still going to be more .45 riiigggghhhhttt?  >:D

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 02:42:34 PM »
I can't share anything yet, but hopefully this summer you'll see some demo rules up.

And OF COURSE there will be more .45A. Lots of things in the pipeline that I also can't share with you quite yet... but Historicon is just around the corner.  ;)