Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:35:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690923
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 657
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 578
Total: 585

Recent

Author Topic: Assault & Battery - Mutiny style  (Read 4211 times)

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
Re: Assault & Battery - Mutiny style
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2010, 01:06:39 PM »
These are great, lovely painted.

Can I ask, what colours were used for the guns? I have recently purchased some sets of paints from Foundry, because I was after that blue grey colour for my own guns, but I have only ended up with lot of rgey colours that doesn't have that blueish taint.

I don't know if it is the pictures cheating me, but after looking at other peoples guns, I bought both the Foundry stone colour set and the british gun grey set, but when I crack the pots and paint with them they are only grey.

:? Help

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2010, 01:09:53 PM »
thanks chaps.

I will admit to being uncertain about mixing the sculptors too but am now actually happy I took the plunge as I enjoyed doing them and quite like them.

Just curious, were brass guns history by the mutiny? I only ask because I hate trying to paint iron barrels. I can never get them to look right.

possibly more accurate in fact but I fancied the look of iron against the grey/blue more than brass. Just like the yellow stripes on the one crews kecks ;)

Svennn
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2010, 01:25:18 PM »
Yes, and what colour did you use for the blue/grey?  :)

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2010, 01:35:07 PM »
Thanks Svennn. You just made it that much easier for me to give in to my temptations!  ;)

Jonas, I obviously don't know what color he used, but if you have access to Vallejo paints look for a color called Oxford Blue. It is a very grey-ish blue. It is probably too blue on it's own, but might make a good starting place or something to tint your Foundry paints with.

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2010, 01:36:59 PM »
Jonas

Your post was not there when I started typing my last reply - I wasn't ignoring you - honest!

I was recently very impressed by YankeePedlars guns and equipment so was very disappointed when I found I did not have the Foundry Stone paints he used.

So I mixed the colours. All three are in fact different which goes to show it is not a vital mix ratio as it is not immediately apparent. For the first I mixed Foundry Deep Blue light (20c) with CDA Field Blue 518 (which is a darkish Grey) for the basecoat and then added white for the subsequent layers. On the second I used the same blue but added CDA Sea Grey 507 which has a more green tinge and the third was a mix of all three.

Hope that helps.

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2010, 01:54:13 PM »
No problem, thanks for the reply  :)

I actually went and bought the Foundry stone colours, but to me they are just grey with no blue in them, so either it is a trick of the photo or maybe they changed their colours at some point, I don't know.

Well, I guess I have to just try my luck in mixing or keep looking for a suitable colour.

thanks.