Forum > Back of Beyond

28mm Armored train preview

<< < (5/5)

Westfalia Chris:

--- Quote from: "Boggler" ---I reckon O gauge would be way too wide.
--- End quote ---

I think it would look okay, considering that Russian Railways at the time (and up to date) were some 80-90% Russian wide gauge of 1524mm/5ft, not European standard gauge of 1435mm/4ft 8 1/2 in. Scaled down, standard gauge in 0 scale is some 32mm; scaled to 1524mm gauge, this would be ca. 1/48th scale, and while we all know and love the 48-50-56 debate, IŽd say it works for me.

And actually does, since my new table features 30mm railway gauge.

CompanyB:
S scale track is cheap.  A 37 inch long section of "flex track" is about $5.  Flex track is just that.  It curves, so you do not need curve sections if you tack it down.

If it's a real hassle for folks to get, we'll look into stocking some.

At that price though, about $15 of track will give you 9 feet of layout.

-Brent

CompanyB:
Ok, I found an outlet here that I can buy S scale 12 inch lengths of track from in bulk...

So on release, we'll have a couple of bundles together for you folks overseas....

So, how much track is a good start?  4 feet?  3 feet?  6 feet?  Just straights though.  If you want an involved layout....it's better to order from a Hobby store!

-Brent
Company B

Boggler:
Brent,

I would have thought that a 6' - 9' length of track would be more than enough for CLA / BoB? If I remember correctly, the set up for armoured trains is to hae the the track parallel to the table edge which for most of us means a 6' x 4' or 8' x 5' table. So between 4'and 9' would be spot on?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version