Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:51:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690897
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Dreams In The Witch House...  (Read 9882 times)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: Dreams In The Witch House...
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2010, 10:06:35 AM »
No sweat - I'll rather see a well worked-through supplement than something published in a hurry  :)

Any plans of rules for bigger Treshold groups? (I know, nothing stops me from doing it, but I like to go 'official', as it always seem to be better balanced to use well-tested concepts).
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2010, 04:59:33 PM »
Sorry about the delay on these spells...should have them up later today. Would love to hear what you guys think of the Witch in game...

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2010, 02:49:23 AM »
Witch – 7BP
M   Dex.   Con.   A   W   Res.   Skills
3   5+   4   1   1   4+   Command*
Weapons: Unarmed
Special: Human, Hideous
Sorceress: The Witch begins the game with 3 spells, rolled randomly from the Witches Spell Table. Doubles may be kept or re-rolled as the Lurker player wishes. Up to 3 more additional spells may be purchased randomly from the Witches Spell Table for +2BP (Build Points) each.
Devils Daughter: The Witch has been party to vile dealings and dark rites. If the Resolve test for casting a spell is failed do not roll on the Insanity table. However, the spell is still lost if the test is failed.
*Dark Allegiance: The Witch has Command skill but can only ‘nominate’ Familiars. The Witch comes with 1 Familiar at no additional cost and may purchase up to 2 more at +2BP each.
Unholy Covenant: The Witch can communicate telepathically with her Familiars. If an Action is spent to establish the link a spell may be measured from the Familiars base (instead of the Witch). If spells are cast in this way they do not disrupt the Fair Beauty spell (if in effect).

Familiar – +2BP (witches only)
M   Dex.   Con.   A   W   Res.   Skills
4   4+   3   1   1   5+   Dodge
Weapons: Bite/Scratch (C.C.B.0, Dam. D+1)
Special: Daemon, Beast
Bond Of Servitude: Familiars can only be used in games where a Witch is present. If the Witch is ever removed from play so is the Familiar.
Tiny: The Familiar is a very small creature and as such suffers no modifiers to Movement due to terrain. In addition the Familiar receives a 6+ cover save against all Shooting attacks.

Witches Spell Table
Spell   D6
Nightmare Visions   1
Sundered From Time   2
Fair Beauty   3
Curse Of Silence   4
Shifting Angles   5
Mind Shadow   6

Witches Spell List

Nightmare Visions
The Witch conjures up frightful phantasms that fill the air around her, tormenting anyone close enough to witness the hellish spectacle. The Witch (or Familiar if using Unholy Covenant) causes Terror until the end of the Turn.

Sundered From Time
Flinging a dish full of blood, spit, spider’s legs and crow’s wings can cause the victim to be displaced in time and space! Choose a model within 6” of the Witch (or Familiar), it cannot take any Actions except Move and cannot be targeted by other models. While Sundered From Time the targeted model may ignore any scenery and models in its path. At the start of the Witches Turn roll a dice. 1: The model is Lost and cannot be used until next game. 2-4: The model remains Sundered. 5-6: The model can be used as usual! The effects have worn off!

Fair Beauty
The air around the Witch shimmers and the old crone is transformed into a beautiful, helpless, young girl. While in this form the Witch cannot be targeted or attacked by Threshold models. If the Witch casts a spell directly (not through a Familiar) Fair Beauty is lost and she can be targeted as usual.

Curse Of Silence
As the Witch put a wrinkled finger to her pursed lips he felt a tightening in his throat…he couldn’t speak! Choose a model within 8” of the Witch, it may not use Command or Lieutenant until the end of it’s next Turn.

Shifting Angles
The Witch causes the boundaries of space to shift, as reality warps to her dark will. Choose a model within 8” of the Witch (or Familiar) and place it anywhere on the board, excluding deployment zones or base-to-base with another model. Being wrenched through space can be disorienting, the target model must take a Resolve test when placed in it’s new location. If failed the model goes Face Up, shrieking or vomiting…or both.

Mind Shadow
She touched him…and he forgot. If the Witch (or Familiar) ends a Move in base-to-base rather than fight Close Combat she may use this spell instead and no Close Combat will be fought that Turn. The spell does not require an Action be spent but happens as soon as in Base-to-base. The target model looses one Skill, chosen by the Witch, for the remainder of the game. The effect is not permanent.

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2010, 03:03:16 AM »
Pure non-euclidean golden triumph from another time and space!
Keziah Mason, Goody Fowler & every other decent witchy foe tumbled into one.  :-*

Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2010, 07:46:53 AM »
This is good, I think  :)

Well, good in a bad way... or vice versa, dunno...   ::)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 07:37:55 AM by Argonor »

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2010, 11:55:27 PM »
I concur....looks very nice...
"Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small  boy....I keep it in a jar on my desk."
                ----- Robert Bloch------

Offline Lupus

• Mad Scientist
    • http://z11.invisionfree.com/Kashindan/index.php?act=idx
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2010, 02:24:49 PM »
Looks like something new to test out on my poor Threashold guys :D
Become who you really are... [/i]

Offline PushStudios

• Assistant
    • Push the Red Button Studios
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2010, 07:48:16 PM »
Played a couple games with the Witch so here is my impression;

The Witch is a fun Lurker to take, she's pretty useful with her Familiars, not very useful at all without due to the short-range nature of her Spells (everyone I play with, including myself, is inordinately fond of the Ambush skill).

Once my opponents realized just how brutal she could be by casting Spells through her Familiars they immediately dedicated themselves to killing those off first. I ended up spending most of my time not using Spells and just causing people to have to chase the Familiars around or be constantly paranoid about them, it worked well, I put a lot of Models in the precarious position of having to choose between shooting at the Familiar, and hopefully killing it, or shooting at something just as dangerous, like a Maniac also charging at them. It was particularly satisfying to run all three up to a lone Character and just smile as he realizes he could, if he was lucky, still only pick two of them off.

My only complaint is I'd really like to see Familiars gain Sprint automatically, it's very hard to run away with them otherwise.

Offline Christian

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ... standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • INCLTVS REX - Late Antique wargames blog
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2010, 03:05:59 AM »
There's a whole pack from Wyrd with the Hag and her minions:

Interesting concept!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 05:10:06 AM by Christian »

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2010, 04:04:53 AM »
I'm getting a "Page Not Found" error

Offline Christian

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2010, 05:10:27 AM »
It has now been fixed :D

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2010, 05:27:11 AM »
It has now been fixed :D

Thanks. Those look great!

Offline Christian

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2010, 06:24:43 AM »
It looks like I took the pic... I wish!

Having a browse over their range there are a couple of decent picks that could be useful...

http://www.wyrd-games.net/shop

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2010, 06:29:39 AM »
I've already ordered the boxed set from my FLGS  :)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames