Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:50:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690905
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Help, Land Ironclads.  (Read 4329 times)

Offline chinchilla

• Student
Help, Land Ironclads.
« on: May 24, 2010, 07:47:35 PM »
Hi
Im new to this forum and VSF. I've heard of Redoubt Enterprises 'Land Ironclads' but i cant find them anywhere... could any one tell me where to find one or if they even exist?

thanks
Chinchilla
http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af51/Chinchilla_011/landironclad.jpg[/IMG]/img]
dont know if this picture will work but its the only Ironclad i could find...  :?

Offline Doc Twilight

• Mastermind
  • We have no time for Trucers!
    • Black Army Productions
Re: Help, Land Ironclads.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 08:52:18 PM »
You're probably thinking of "Queen Victoria's Secret Weapons", which recently (well, a few months ago) disappeared from the Redoubt website. I have one of the kits. While it is a very good concept, the kits were all produced individually and home poured, suffered from numerous warping and bubbling issues, and in general just weren't well engineered. They can be manipulated with lot of patience and hot water, but it's very frustrating to pay that much for a kit and see it turn out in the condition my kit(s) arrived in.

They may come back. They disappeared a few years ago (just before I got my first kit) and the reason given was that they were produced by a contributor, who made a few in the house during his spare time, every few weeks. It may be that they have simply exhausted their inventory and are awaiting a "refill."

-Doc

Offline chinchilla

• Student
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 08:54:20 PM »
thanks  :)

Offline Red Orc

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Baffled but happy
    • My new VSF blog:
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 09:44:45 PM »
I think your post should look like this:

dont know if this picture will work but its the only Ironclad i could find...  :?

(take out the '/img' from the end and put in some square brackets with 'IMG' before your http address)

Offline chantyam

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 01:11:04 PM »
I bought one of the Iornclads a few years ago at Border Reiver @ Newcastle Area if I remenber right for 1/2 price,(its the Comand Tank) It got built up but suffered a couple of accidents and although i have the bits I have never got around to repairing it -theres an e-bay seller "PMC Games" who sometimes sells somthing similar, as in its the same floor plan with the same two boilers but no upper structure other than a large cannon. I have three of those and I'm sure that must be the contributor that produced the Redoubt tanks?
I e-mailed Redoudt a while ago to as about (and bought) some of the troops that came with the Transport Tank (sitting troops in spiked home service helmets).
gan canny kidder!

Offline gloriousbattle

• Mad Scientist
  • Oi! Dat's My Leg!
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 02:34:12 AM »
In case you are interested in alternatives

http://wargames.com.hk/oscommerce/images/res/BPTank_150_98.jpg

I bought several of these for six bucks each from ebay about two years ago.  I have used them in 54mm games, where they are about the size of a King Tiger, 28mm games (as shown in the picture) and as true land leviathans in 15mm games. 

All you really need to do is break off the clicky base, and maybe glue a standard d6 under the front of the chassis for support, and you have a pretty nice model for your Brits/Germans/French/Americans to take on those nasty Martian tripods.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 02:53:14 PM by gloriousbattle »

Offline Patron Zero

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 05:08:47 AM »
Just my two pence but here goes.....

Depending on your modeling skills, a similar or like vehicle should be most easily made from cardstock or styrene plastic sheets.  Have you never attempted a paper model before do not let it intimidate you as producing such is a difficult as the materials you choose to work with.

My best advice is starting with graph paper to roughly draw the vehicle from all perspectives (front, rear, sides, top, etc), after that glue the paper to a heavier cardstock and carefully cut the views into individual pieces. 

Assemble the pieces together using 'magic' tape and with a bit of adjustments you should have a most basic paper model from which to act as a template for a more refined-finished piece.

Visiting a few paper model websites might be of use to see how such are designed-assembled, may I suggest www.ss42.com as a place to start (look on the upper left for FREE PAPER MODEL).

Best of luck !

Offline chinchilla

• Student
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 07:37:51 PM »
Thanks everyone.  :)

must try those paper models! :D

thanks agains
chinchilla

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 09:46:41 AM »
Are you looking to build or buy?
Have you looked through this thread.
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=8146.msg91549#msg91549

and have you looked at Ironclad miniatures

http://www.ironcladminiatures.co.uk/shop/category_9/Steam-tanks.html?shop_param=cid%3D%26

Offline Col. Aubrey Bagshot

• Mad Scientist
  • Remember... something
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 02:31:27 PM »
Have a look at my posting on my latest Land Dreadnoughts...
Two straight forward conversions from easily avaliable GW kits...

Money can't buy you happiness but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
Spike Milligan

Offline nickinsomerset

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 09:03:03 AM »
This little chap off ebay:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=15848.msg189707#msg189707

My gripes with the kit are the lack of internal detail, a couple of boliers, and guns! No infrastructure to support the raised superstructure. In addition the tracks are far too thin, it would be like trying to operate Challenger II with CVR(T) running gear, the weight to ground ratio would cause it to sink on tarmac and if it attempted to turn it would throw a track. Still it is VSF!

Offline gloriousbattle

• Mad Scientist
  • Oi! Dat's My Leg!
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 03:43:26 PM »
My gripes with the kit are the lack of internal detail, a couple of boliers, and guns! No infrastructure to support the raised superstructure. In addition the tracks are far too thin, it would be like trying to operate Challenger II with CVR(T) running gear, the weight to ground ratio would cause it to sink on tarmac and if it attempted to turn it would throw a track. Still it is VSF!

My thoughts exactly!  If it could possibly work, it wouldn't be VSF!

Offline Patron Zero

• Bookworm
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 12:30:32 AM »
Just found this online, might interest you !

http://www.thedimensionofnothing.com/kwagenv2.pdf