Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:17:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690802
  • Total Topics: 118351
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 7TV, Talk to me  (Read 2562 times)

Offline Renfield286

• Librarian
  • War, War never changes...
    • Renfield in 28mm
7TV, Talk to me
« on: November 22, 2011, 08:49:46 PM »
So who's played it.
Is it any good?
How quick is it to learn & Play?
any System Quirks?

Any other game cover the TV series & Spyfi genre better or as well?

Offline oldskoolrebel

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • My Campaigns
Re: 7TV, Talk to me
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 08:59:58 PM »
I've had a chance to play it once, as a demo game. I'm so impressed that I'm going to ask for it for my Christmas  :D

Is it any good? - Hell yeah! Captured the feel of spies very well. Although tbh I imagine it can be usedto cover a variety of settings... I already know what I'll be using it for.

How quick is it to learn & Play? There are a lot of rules and special abilities, counters and charts. At first glace it seems very complicated... but you pick it up real easy and the rules are relatively simple.

any System Quirks? Yeah a few. I quite like them though. Some people may call the activation a 'quirk'... I really like it but I know not everyone will. IIRC Basically each round you can activate half of your force, plus some additional models if you choose to activate your leader. Movement is also very fast- by using the double move action you can actually move about half the board! Also the ability to Shoot and then charge into hand to hand is a bit unusual.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Andy

Offline Rich J

• Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 08:31:02 PM »
I love it for the genre, I haven't found anything that covers the genre better including my own!

Gives the feel of the tv shows and handles the gadgets etc real well!

Love the cards :)
Rich J

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 12:45:45 PM »
I can't comment on playability, but it looks awesome. I've just received mine and was really impressed with the quality and layout. The basic rules seem quite straightforward but there's a lot of bolt on bits, which are relevant for some types of game, but not for others. Obviously each scenario can require some degree of planning because of this, as does creating 'your show' in the first place. I think I'm safe in saying that it caters for multiple levels of obsessive behaviour, from just picking up the book and using the pre-made casts and archetypes from time to time, through to making this game your life.  ;)

I think I gushed on a bit there... sorry.  lol

Offline shadowking1957

• Mastermind
    • Shadowkings
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 02:58:18 PM »
I suggest looking over the forum and bits , there peoples reviews of the book and rules some nice ideas in the rules system, I won the campign day 2 in  October, the rules work for skirmish or what ever side you need to run or want to run, o play wiht allsorts of cast, some i have  made up myself some  of the great ones supplied in the rules book, some forum characters and  forum made  casts  and scanrios work too.

http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/forum/Blah.pl?
Forum

I really enjoy the rules nd gives new life and insperation for new figures and bits and bobs

Tony

Offline Thunderchicken

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Amusingly clumsy.
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 09:44:10 AM »
I played in the same game as Oldskoolrebel (I let him win) and was so impressed I bought the rules.

I haven't really got much to add to what the other chaps have said other than the rules may seem daunting at first glance but once you've got the hang of them, which wont take long, fun games will be had. The rules set out to emulate a certain genre of TV and film and it does the job nicely. For me, I'm a fan of British sci-fi of the 50's and 60's such as Quatermass and these rules are bang on for the types of scenarios I want to run. 
Don't!

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 08:14:09 PM »
I played it at BLAM and really enjoyed it - simple but effective mechanisms that give a very playable game. Liked it so much I bought the rules, cards and counters and am now planning for some games.

Photos of my recent efforts are at www.littleleadmen.com and https://beaverlickfalls.blogspot.com