Forum > Interwar

yet another project...

(1/2) > >>

Smith:
recently, i've decided to start an anglo-irish war project...

so far, i'm going with:

Renegade early war brits = Black and Tans

Renegade late war brits = regular british troops

Renegade early war scots = Auxiliaries (they were issued with glengarry caps, even if they abandoned them for berets and tam o'shanters for the most part)

what i really need are suggestions for Royal Irish Constabulary models. their uniform was this plus a peaked cap:

so far i'm thinking of using the copplestone chinese officers, and using some green stuff to turn the puttees on two of them into boots to match the others, and maybe adding some sideburns and facial hair to cover up the asian features and ignoring the two lower tunic pockets.

the bolshevik elite machine gunner commander

would be pretty much perfect, but I can't find any that match him well.  I know Reviresco have some RIC models, but the styles are just too incompatible.  any ideas?

also, if anyone knows of any ww1-era british in tam o'shanters but NOT kilts, i'd be very happy to hear of them.

cheers,
Phil

Helen:
Hi

Checkout the Brigade Games Highland Command Pack in the Western Front range.  Ask Lon to describe the OR to you. I cannot recall from memory if he had kilt or trousers. There are two figures in the pack of which the officer in Glengarry and the OR in Tam O Shanter headdress. I'll try and get a pick of the officer.

Also look at Brigade Games RCW Command Pack as you may find some suitable officers there.

Helen:
[/img]

Helen:
[/img]

Poliorketes:
Maybe Anglian Miniatures spanish civil war range has some useful minis. The trousers shoul be right. And the carlists do have berets, IIRC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version