Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:40:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Would you be interested in...  (Read 7866 times)

Offline warrenss2

• Mad Scientist
Re: Would you be interested in...
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2010, 02:27:45 AM »
I'd like to see more "normal-looking" people, and kids, to become rescue and special goal targets.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

Offline Johnno

• Mastermind
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2010, 04:00:30 AM »
I've thought of this idea myself.
SWAT and First response police
Various gangs ie.
Latino gang (MS-13, Mexican Mafia etc), yakuza, Italian (or Russian) mafia, african-american (bloods, crips etc), biker gang (Hells Angels etc).

Who are your intended clients? Those in Europe or N. America? I personally get discouraged buying from UK because of dollar conversion and shipping costs. However, it the minis are good, I might get some.
Yearly painting challenges only show me how useless I am at painting...

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2010, 05:39:28 PM »
I agree... you should do the first responders first... paramedics, firemen, news crews etc.  That will get you started and people will buy them.  I already have so many SWAT and police that they would simply have to be the best SWAT on the market for me to buy them.  However if you did first responders I would for sure get some if they are nice sculpts.  And casualty miniatures... like two guys carrying a body bag, body bag on a gurney etc would sell very well since there are NONE on the market.  Also wounded civilians and police for your first responders would be very nice and usable in modern games and zombie games.

Darkoath

Offline Ulu Elsomalien

• Scientist
  • Prepainted General
    • Prépeint & Cie
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2011, 05:18:49 PM »
I agree... you should do the first responders first... paramedics, firemen, news crews etc.  That will get you started and people will buy them.  I already have so many SWAT and police that they would simply have to be the best SWAT on the market for me to buy them.  However if you did first responders I would for sure get some if they are nice sculpts.  And casualty miniatures... like two guys carrying a body bag, body bag on a gurney etc would sell very well since there are NONE on the market.  Also wounded civilians and police for your first responders would be very nice and usable in modern games and zombie games.

Darkoath

That. is there really ANY paramedics in 28mm (if can match MegaMinis scale, it will be better) ?
A word for miniatures, scenery and rules compulsive buying ? Zhobbyllness !

Ulu Elsomalien

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2011, 06:21:20 PM »
There has been some time between posts in this thread so I was wondering how the project was going (especially if there were some new first responders coming soon!). The idea of civilian and emergency services teams would seem to be a good one and people would pay for quality sculpts. I never dreamed I would pay £5 for a 28mm figure until guys like Commander Vyper and Akula introduced me to Hasslefree, but having pondered available figures for weeks decided that the character and quality of their survivors was probably worth the money.

It would be great to have more European type figures too (Hasslefree's Hot Fuzz police and riot cop and Offensive Miniatures riot police appear to be an exception to the US style figures that are more normally available).

Offline The Gray Ghost

• Mastermind
  • Beware The Gray Ghost
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2011, 01:12:19 AM »
Paramedics, civilians, firefighters etc. are things I need most.
I have a number of SWAT figures that I use for military, corporate security and SWAT, I would probably buy your's to if I liked them but the civilians are what I have the hardest time finding.
Most of Mine are Foundry West Wind and TAG so as long as they fit in with them I would be interested.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it anymore and what is it seems weird and scary.

Offline S J Donovan

• Scientist
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2011, 03:45:51 AM »
Have you looked at "Lead Bones"/recreationalconflicts SPRU includes 8 armed swat types plus Hazmat, K9 and helio pilots.  They also have armed/unarmed civilians.