Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:13:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: James cameron to film mountains of madness...!!!  (Read 4097 times)

Offline P_Clapham

• Mad Scientist
Re: James cameron to film mountains of madness...!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2010, 12:43:49 AM »
Isn't calling someone judgmental, judgmental?  ;)

I have little to no faith in the Hollywood machine.  The movies are produced in an attempt to get the largest demographic possible, which I can assure you are not Lovecraft fans.  There are certain conventions and formulas followed by the mainstream studios that have a habit of ruining films based on 'geeky' or 'unconventional' pre existing intellectual properties.

That been said, Del Toro is a fan of Lovecraft's work.  He was one of the film makers interviewed for the Fear of the Unknown documentary.  An excellent and well researched piece.  While I do have reservations about the upcoming movie, I will wait and see until I make a decision.  There are the occasional good films that come out of Hollywood, Lord of the Rings being one of the films that came as a pleasant surprise.

It's that a bit judgemental?

I can see where your coming from, most other mythos stuff that has been put to celuloid (except maybe the HPLHS DVD's) has been naff (that's being polite) but this has a good producer/director team and something the other attempts probably wont - MONEY!
"When in doubt, have a man come through a door with a gun in his hand.— Raymond Chandler

Offline Colonel Tubby

• Mastermind
Re: James cameron to film mountains of madness...!!!
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2010, 08:38:12 AM »
Isn't calling someone judgmental, judgmental?  ;)

Your right of course, many apologies - perhaps pessimistic (is that spelt right?) would have been a better choice of word!

I know what you mean about the Hollywood machine, but I like Del Toro and I'm willing to wait just in case!