Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:36:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: My workbench  (Read 360908 times)

Offline jmilesr01

• Librarian
    • lair of the Uber Geek
Re: My workbench
« Reply #555 on: March 31, 2015, 04:19:13 PM »
It's built by American Workbench, it's their "Ben Franklin" model

http://www.americanworkbench.com/thebenfranklin.html

It has a metal slide out drawer under the worktop which has down a very good job catch all the little parts I drop during assembly - there has been a significant reduction in the number of parts lost under my workbench
Miles
http://lairoftheubergeek.blogspot.com

Offline Bessron

• Assistant
  • Fenrisbinder
« Reply #556 on: April 07, 2015, 11:28:58 AM »
Hello Everybody,

Now even a picture of my workbench. After a move to our own house , I actually get a smaller area to live out my hobby.

everything with my current project

Sorry for my English, I am still learning and translate with a program

My current project???
Chaosdwarfs or Infernal Dwarves or the Magmhorin

The Link to my Gallery her: https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=1496;u=10157

Offline Alfrik

• Mastermind
  • Focus of Mission plus Logistics will carry the day
    • Armored Ink
« Reply #557 on: April 09, 2015, 05:59:07 PM »
Bessron, all you need are a few shelves to get more room ;)
http://armoredink.blogspot.com/

Painting Pledge for 2014 Cthulhu Wars and all expansions figures to paint! Arrrgh!

Offline Bessron

• Assistant
  • Fenrisbinder
« Reply #558 on: April 13, 2015, 01:47:30 PM »
Alfrik, you're right, but I am looking forward to my summer project.
I will expand my attic to my mencave,
the space we have, because we bought an old farmhouse  ;D

Offline punga

• Assistant
« Reply #559 on: August 10, 2015, 01:30:05 PM »
Well here's my modest space some time last year.
I was then attempting to balance working from home with getting some figures painted with having a life... Now the works out of the way at least for the immediate future I  have two less screens on the desk and a chance at last to do some significant painting ( I Hope) . Not pictured.. the pile of unpainted lead serving as shield in the event of a nuclear blast in London/putting a strain on the rafters below

So many wonderful workspaces! However, I absolutely love this one. Something just made my heart jump when I saw it. I guess it's the combination of the computer, a nice corner desk (I love those), and a view to the outside. I can only jealously imagine painting with good music in the background and snow falling outside.

Offline bishop odo

• Bookworm
« Reply #560 on: October 12, 2015, 01:15:02 AM »
My latest project is this top and wheels for my paint storage cabinet and shaker.   Since I hate to shake my paints I use this laboratory mixer.  You can also see my grey metal parts and storage cabinet, a great craigslist fine.

My painting desk is coming along.  I still need to stain it, build some corner shelves, and use piano hinges attached to the metal legs to make some folding side caddies and cork note board. Also, one or two Plexiglas shelves, so I don't bock the reflecting light.

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #561 on: November 24, 2015, 04:31:13 AM »
I haven't done any painting in the last week because I tore my paint area apart and did some re configuring.  It's still a WIP but the game changer in my eyes is incorporating a peg board into the equation.  I've always had an organic philosophy concerning my workspace and it has "evolved" over the years to account for my changing preferences and any new toys I can drudge up to further enjoy and improve my modelling and painting experience.

I included a photo but there is very little on the board.  I want to get my dropper style paints up there mostly but have earmarked about 1/3 of the space for tools I commonly use and would rather have on hand than dig for.  On the left above the black lamp is a proof of concept paint carrier.  It's a length of dowel with 8 wires poking out and heavier gauge hangers on the ends keeping it secured to the board.  As I make more and add them in I should be able to have colour groups stocked together so I can bring them off the board right to table as a group when I'm at a project.  It looks spartan and ugly at the moment but that's just because it isn't the mess I know and love :) .

With a modular build I can swap things around on the fly without radically changing the space.  It's been about 4 years since my last space change and this should last me for some time.  Looking forward I think I'd consider resurfacing the workspace to increase the surface area;   

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #562 on: November 29, 2015, 01:55:38 AM »
This is mine. I've since added 20ish Model Air paints, but it looks much the same. I have an ikea rolling cabinet right and under the table for tools, brushes, flock etc.

It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #563 on: December 05, 2015, 04:05:34 PM »
I just posted my new and improved workarea here. http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43795.msg1046485#msg1046485

Offline BigB

• Librarian
    • The Ocala Garrison
« Reply #564 on: March 15, 2016, 06:19:06 PM »
I finished up my paint desk last fall when I redesigned my office room (bookshelves, computer desk and lateral file are oak and on the other side of the room). The goal was a spot that I could share with my daughter for when she wants to hang with her old man, or if I have a friend come over for "painting night".

The desk is a 2" thick built up oak, 8' in length and 30" in depth. It is finished with oak trim, a few layers of shellac.

I bought a leg set from ikea for the ends and a cabinet for the main support in the center for easy access to my paints, basing material and other modelling supplies. I transferred ALL of my paints to dropper bottles over a couple nights and then made my own paint tray (plus a few more for friends and guests).

All in all, it was kept simple, but I tried to finish it with a bit of class so my wife wouldn't give me too much grief.

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #565 on: March 16, 2016, 09:20:06 PM »
Looks pretty good.

No radio/tv/computer for music/movies? And how do you paint with someone next to you. I imagine laughing at a funny story can lead to little mistakes at times.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline BigB

• Librarian
    • The Ocala Garrison
« Reply #566 on: March 18, 2016, 02:50:44 AM »
I have a surround sound system so music isn't an issue.  I moved the tv into my daughter's room ( no...she isn't spoiled   ;D ) but I sit my iPad there sometimes for an occasional flick

Online Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #567 on: June 15, 2016, 06:17:41 AM »
I'm lucky enough to have a room for painting in. I can't really get a shot of it in one go so I've done a sort of panorama. The table usually has my current project on it, in this case my old west town under construction.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 01:05:12 PM by Mad Lord Snapcase »

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #568 on: June 16, 2016, 06:54:40 AM »
Very cool.

Online Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #569 on: June 16, 2016, 09:13:49 AM »
Very cool.

Thanks, Hammers. Not always that tidy though!  ;)