Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:51:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: My workbench  (Read 360995 times)

Offline Flemish mercenary

• Assistant
Re: My workbench
« Reply #360 on: November 19, 2012, 04:36:37 PM »
Hi,

After doing model kits in my younger days I start with my son with miniature gaming now already more than 10 years ago.

Last six months I only work on 1/1 scale scenery.
A new gaming room and workbench en cleaning up of the painting room.
When everything finds a new place, I can start again with gaming, painting and building.

You can find some pictures of my painting, gaming and workbench on: http://thewargameproject.weebly.com/

Offline Neldoreth

• Mastermind
    • An Hour of Wolves and Shattered Shields
« Reply #361 on: December 04, 2012, 09:57:47 PM »
I have a new space, but the same old desk... it's nice to have it all clean though; moving to a new place is a great reason to clean!

Yes, I'm one of the three people in the world who runs Mac OS and also uses a Windows Phone!

Thanks
n

Offline Neldoreth

• Mastermind
    • An Hour of Wolves and Shattered Shields
« Reply #362 on: December 04, 2012, 10:00:12 PM »
I'm badly in need of some paint organizing racks, small shelves or similar to keep paint jars and similar crap from oozing all over the bench and getting in the way of actual painting. There's a great many very nice systems out there, in laser-cut wood, plastic, laser-cut acrylic and all sorts of other materials. They all cost more than I can afford or want to pay, though - I'd much rather put my gaming budget into figures, paints and scenery!

I built mine out of scrap boards and some 5mm MDF. It was less that $5 and took me about an hour including cutting and assembly. See a picture of it in my desk image above. Acrylic might be cool though... definitely less wood-ey than mine anyway!

Thanks
n.

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #363 on: December 04, 2012, 10:10:31 PM »
Showing where you work is a more personal form of introduction perhaps than the more normal "Hi from wherever" type. Be that as it may, this is my latest work area:

With storage & W.I.P.:

I try to maintain the proper level of clutter necessary for a creative mind(?) & still have some sections of the floor visible...more or less.
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline xpalpatinex

• Bookworm
« Reply #364 on: December 07, 2012, 06:01:40 PM »
I have a new space, but the same old desk... it's nice to have it all clean though; moving to a new place is a great reason to clean!

Yes, I'm one of the three people in the world who runs Mac OS and also uses a Windows Phone!

Thanks
n

I love you're little photography sets above the workbench, and am thinking of stealing the idea for my current setup. I have a Christmas break coming up where I might have the time to implement.

Offline Mindenbrush

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #365 on: December 25, 2012, 04:08:35 PM »
My cleaned up Painting and Prep/Building area.

Wargamers do it on a table.
YNWA - It is not a badge, it is a family crest
Montreal Historical Wargaming Club

Offline gvwalker

• Schoolboy
« Reply #366 on: December 28, 2012, 04:07:48 AM »
Hi there, just thought I'd put up a picture of my home made modelling workbench for my first post.

The top closes when not in use to keep out the dust and sawdust etc when I use the other workbench.

Mostly ship stuff in this photo but the subjects change fairly regularly.

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #367 on: December 28, 2012, 09:13:45 AM »
I love to see how the other guys(gals) work.

Here's some of mine. We have to make do with the space, so I assaulted our Ikea Bookcase.

Theoreticaly I can close it when I'm not working on it. In practice..... not so much.

And my display case, with the stuff I'm still reasonably happy with and hasn't been banished to the 'need to repaint pile'.
(right, when I'm done painting all my unpainted stuff, I'll have time to repaint stuff ::) )

I've got another closet in the bedroom filled with unpainted models and scenery.
Luckily I have a very supportive and understanding wife, though I'm always pushing the boundaries of said support and understanding when storage space concerns....

'Mercy? I am far to brave to grant you mercy.'

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #368 on: December 28, 2012, 11:19:14 AM »
This thread just inspires me to toss in the apartement for a house and building myself a man cave :D

Offline alone_withmyaxe

• Scientist
  • Cthulhu Hunter
    • My Minotaur army is only getting larger
« Reply #369 on: December 29, 2012, 10:49:50 AM »
This thread just inspires me to toss in the apartement for a house and building myself a man cave :D

Everyone needs a Man Cave!

:D
Saving the last bullet... just in case.

See my wonderful BLOG of stuff!

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #370 on: December 29, 2012, 11:59:29 AM »

My wife says she needs another child, and I need a man cave. So, it's a bit of a mexican stand-off at the moment. On the top side, I get more time for miniatures now that I sleep on the couch :)

Offline Mjolnir

• Librarian
« Reply #371 on: December 29, 2012, 06:16:25 PM »
Here's my paint workbench

Here's my research workbench

« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 06:51:13 PM by Mjolnir »

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #372 on: December 29, 2012, 06:31:22 PM »
Very well, my young padawan.  lol

now edit your message and remove the link to the deleted photo  ::)

Edit : Excellent ! now stop fiddling around with your PC and/or camera and get started on that enormous pile of model kits you've got stashed somewhere  :D
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 09:03:07 PM by zizi666 »
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline alone_withmyaxe

• Scientist
  • Cthulhu Hunter
    • My Minotaur army is only getting larger
« Reply #373 on: December 29, 2012, 08:39:40 PM »
I hope this was cleaned for the photos!

That level of immaculate tidynes is amazing, even going so far as to label your water jar. Very impressed.

I just hope my wife never sees it or I will have some explaining to do, as my workspace will never be that clean!

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #374 on: December 30, 2012, 06:06:25 AM »

Aint that the truth. Though in our new place i got a Man Attic instead. I am lucky if it is 10'x10' though. BUT, it is much much better than what i had before which was in a corner of the basement. Though the whole apartment was the basement. :-)

My wife says she needs another child, and I need a man cave. So, it's a bit of a Mexican stand-off at the moment.
Easy enough really, get a Man-child. Problem solved and compromise achieved. No more standoff.  :-)

On the top side, I get more time for miniatures now that I sleep on the couch :)
Do as i do, been sleeping on the couch for years now instead of the bed on purpose. A lot more comfortable really. Now all i hear is "when are you going to come back and sleep in the bed?" Not that i ever worried about the "couch" threat, i nipped that in the bud years ago. :-)

Grimm