Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:20:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691089
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: What are the best figures of survivors?  (Read 7790 times)

Offline Digitarii

• Scientist
  • I don't suffer from insanity. I ENJOY it!
Re: What are the best figures of survivors?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2010, 05:20:01 PM »
Er, I think the Wargames Factory zombies are HARD plastic; I'll check next time I'm down at the store, but pretty sure there's plenty-o-detail.

The complaint isn't that the plastic is soft, but the detailing is soft. I have a bag of these plastic t*rd$ in my work collection and have had for more than a year. I assembled one sprue and quit after that. The plastic won't adhere using testor's liquid cement. I had to use plastruct plastiweld to assemble them and even then they won't stay together.

I picked up the Zombiesmith horde deal a long time ago and I've added to it slowly over the years using other metal manufacturers' offerings.
"My claim is based on rational thought and the fact that I've got more than enough charges in my Tesla Cannon to leave nothing but your twitching, smoldering digits!" - Nelson, Full Frontal Nerdity

Gold foil, diamond-etched, creme filled, limited-edition, collector's item number one anger issues

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2010, 05:35:07 PM »
Hello, lately I have seen many post on the zombie theme, plus I'm in love with this type of film, so I have some figures a few days looking for survivors.
I know well Hasslefree figures but I would like to know that I recommended other figures.

Thanks!!!!!

PD: For the zombies I think choose the cheaper plastic miniatures from Wargames Factory.

I'd say Studio Miniatures, as they have the two guys from Zombieland, which are really nice, plus an amazing Ash from Evil Dead, who with that chainsaw makes a perfect Zombie thrasher. Also the Reaper Chronoscope line as others suggested is another great option.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Chronoscope/sku-down/50153

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2010, 05:54:41 PM »
The complaint isn't that the plastic is soft, but the detailing is soft. I have a bag of these plastic t*rd$ in my work collection and have had for more than a year. I assembled one sprue and quit after that. The plastic won't adhere using testor's liquid cement. I had to use plastruct plastiweld to assemble them and even then they won't stay together.

I picked up the Zombiesmith horde deal a long time ago and I've added to it slowly over the years using other metal manufacturers' offerings.

I stand corrected.

Doug

Offline Criamon

• Librarian
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2010, 05:57:18 PM »
In Salute 10 I bought the Scanvenger Scout blister and I think start my project with this miniatures. This afternoon I prepared the miniatures for painting this week. The miniatures arent more futuristic and they can be good for my idea.  ;)
I hope to show the miniatures in a few days.

Edit: Sorry, the Scavenger Scout blister is from Copplestone, in Future Wars range.  ::)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 10:31:27 PM by Criamon »

Offline consectari

• Librarian
  • Rat King
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2010, 07:23:29 PM »
If you're looking for zombies that are better quality than Wargames Factory and still cheaper than metal, Mantic Games http://www.manticgames.com/Shop-Home.html should release their plastic zombies in September.  The set will contain 30 zombies for £18. 

If the zombies are as nice as their ghouls, they'll be worth the wait.
http://www.manticgames.com/Shop-Home/Undead/Ghouls/Product/Undead-Ghoul-Troop.html# 
The zombies are supposed to be designed to mix parts with the ghouls.
All my best ideas are someone elses

Offline Wachaza

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2010, 07:56:44 PM »
Studio zombies are good. The survivors less so. While they look like their intended actor to do that the heads seem about 20% larger than needed for the scale of the body. Good likenesses but they look like they've escaped from a  cabezudos parade.

I'd go Hasslefree, Heresy, some Chronoscope (pick and choose the ones you like), and Copplestone/em4 as personal favourites.

Offline Onebigriver

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2010, 09:12:42 PM »
Studio zombies are good. The survivors less so. While they look like their intended actor to do that the heads seem about 20% larger than needed for the scale of the body. Good likenesses but they look like they've escaped from a  cabezudos parade.

I'd go Hasslefree, Heresy, some Chronoscope (pick and choose the ones you like), and Copplestone/em4 as personal favourites.

Studio's "Cole" isn't too bad, Mia and Dorothy and the Gang are great, rest of the survivors are terrible.
Waiter, my soup is giggling.

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2010, 09:23:10 PM »
Studio's "Cole" isn't too bad, Mia and Dorothy and the Gang are great, rest of the survivors are terrible.

Ash doesn't have a big head? The Zombieland guys don't look out of scale either? Snake Plisken does look to have a slightly larger than normal nogin tho.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2010, 09:56:51 PM »
Studio miniatures = seriously great zombies, (since Ash & Alice first releases and change of sculptor for the living miniatures) seriously poor survivors (curse of the bubble head).

Better off with Hasslefree survivors to be honest, plus Kev's Oakley and Cobra knock the other two into a cocked hat!

The Commander
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Onebigriver

• Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2010, 12:51:43 AM »
Ash doesn't have a big head? The Zombieland guys don't look out of scale either? Snake Plisken does look to have a slightly larger than normal nogin tho.

Don't really understand what you're saying there. The head on Cole does look slightly large, but nowhere near as bad as the serious bobbleheads on Dutch, Miguel, Walt, Hawk, Memphis & Ohio. Really like the Mia figure. TBH I'll wait for Hasslefree to release a not-Ash, but this one isn't bad.

The zombies that make up hordes 1 and 2 are definitely amongst the best on the market, horde 3 has a few bobblehead problems.

Offline Digitarii

• Scientist
  • I don't suffer from insanity. I ENJOY it!
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2010, 03:15:04 AM »
TBH I'll wait for Hasslefree to release a not-Ash, but this one isn't bad.

Already done:
http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/pack.php?pack=2208

Offline achab

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2010, 09:04:26 AM »
Just stumbled upon this Big Kris from Musketeer miniatures' Heroes range:

http://www.musketeer-miniatures.com/store.php?r=10&rule=Historical&id=34

A.

Offline Muskie

• Scientist
  • Purple and Green are the only colours you need.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2010, 10:26:54 AM »
Just stumbled upon this Big Kris from Musketeer miniatures' Heroes range:

http://www.musketeer-miniatures.com/store.php?r=10&rule=Historical&id=34

A.

I've seen that fig before, it could be inspired by Kris Kristofferson's character in the Blade movies.

Just saying...

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2010, 10:41:37 AM »
I've seen that fig before, it could be inspired by Kris Kristofferson's character in the Blade movies.

Just saying...

It is as it's stablemate is the nightstalker:

Nice mini, must get round to painting it, they also have three rather nice zombies too already in the horde.