Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:57:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 28mm cold war vehicles ?  (Read 6645 times)

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
28mm cold war vehicles ?
« on: June 20, 2010, 02:17:33 AM »
 Greetings LAFers,
I am hoping to get into the mind s of some of you and find out what companies are out there that make cold war era vehicles both warsaw pact and NATO allies, I  am looking to start my next 2 projects surrounding 28mm 1 will be a 80's mid east group now that Mongrels back.
2 will be a Fulda gap classic european battle setting.
So are there any co's out there making the U.S. M60 MBT?. As for the first does any co do a early Merkava or Isreali batash?(M-60).
I will be planning 2 boards to go with this as well, with multi use themes in mind, so appropriate buildings will eventually need to be addressed. Figures for these will be Mongrel. Thanks
D

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
Re: 28mm cold war vehicles ?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 03:21:39 AM »
There are a few

Sloppy Jalopy do quite a range of Brit, Soviet and Yank also Israeli, They also picked up the Chieftain range which expanded on it

Force of arms has a few including early Israeli

also S&S have a few good bits of kit in 28mm suitable for 1980s

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 05:14:47 PM »
Thanks for the info lowtardog these diffenetly will get me started. I have no experience with any of these companies , so I will ask how are the force of arms compared to sloppy jalopy? both offer things of want are they compatible I am a bit of a scale stickler ;)
Also has anyone seen the listed FOA isreali M48 or do you have pictures of it? this might be an option for the above mentioned M-60 with some tweaking it could be a U.S. reserve force  equoipped with M48a5'sthat I wind up building with M113's for the fulda project.
I remember seeing a 28mm sheridan some where I can't recall who made it , but this also could be an option with the 82nd airborne in mind? might make for some tense scenarios.
or I might 180 and do Brits given that great looking Cheiftan(my favorite Brit MBT since I was a kid and built a 1/35 tamiya kit).Thanks again for any info you can provide.
D

Offline Col.Stone

• Mastermind
    • The compound
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 05:42:16 PM »
FoA if listed as 1/56 should be right, he has on for vietnam and it's properly huge  lol

Sheridan is company B, also makes an ontos,

i make a T-80 ::)

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 06:10:38 PM »
Thanks,
COl. you would'nt happen to know where I can find pictures of its huggness would you?
Company B that's right! airborne is becoming very tempting light fighters trying to stem the red tide OH yeah!!!!
A T-80 I could be tempted  very tempted, but you need to stop mucking about with this and get on to the WZ551 and a type 99 so that I can finish off my PLA project ;D 
Thanks for the info
D

Offline Col.Stone

• Mastermind
    • The compound
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 06:21:26 PM »
M48
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=4731.0  :D
http://theminiaturespage.com/news/157568/
I liked it so much i bought another one

More stuff for the chinese is coming, but i have no timetable right now.. :)

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 07:29:05 PM »
Col.
Thanks for the links those are quite nice are'nt they :o. love the mud effect on jack I too am of the mind the dirtier the better as far as in the field AFV's.
That is good to hear that more of the PLA stuff is coming I can wait for now they will be one of the infinite infantry divisions on foot, fighting my new empress infantry in a future Korean conflict for my third 28mm project for this year.
D

Offline Chuckaroobob

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 05:13:02 AM »
Hobby Armor Depot http://hobbyarmordepot.homestead.com/index.html
make a bunch of vehicles, although they are considerably less refined than Co B. or FOA.  I've got a few of their Land Rovers and mine protected vehicles, and as long as you don't mind a lot of cleaning they turn out pretty good.  YMMV, of course.
They call me "Point Cow"

Offline CompanyB

• Mastermind
    • http://www.companyb.biz
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 06:20:39 AM »
The FOA models are 1/56.  they scale perfectly with our stuff, as I have several Mutt's to accompany our Ontos and Sheridan on the table.

Our webstore will open back up when we all get back from vacation in July...but if your interested in a Sheridan or two, I can check with our quartermaster.

cold war...  I have a request from a client to master a BTR 152, a modern Soviet truck, and a BRDM 2.  With my current schedule, I'll probably get to those this fall.

Brent
company B

Offline Col.Stone

• Mastermind
    • The compound
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 04:13:27 PM »
Btr 152!!!!! ;D

oh yeah, regarding trucks, i have a Zil-157 aswell, but i'm having casting issues.. :?

they will be one of the infinite infantry divisions on foot

I have one of those armies, modern russians, think i broke 400 figures last week..

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 03:27:20 AM »
Brent, Col. ,
Now I know why I come to this well so often for info, all you guys are great thanks for all the info , Brent is the Sheridan a special order piece? or is it available regularly from your shop as far as M151's are any of yours TOW equipped? I can't wait for the BTR-152 as both of my listed projects are designed for vehicle compatibility Mid east to European theatre and vice a versa(P.S. have a good vacation). Col. will diffenetly be needing some motor T so good luck with the casting, I plan to get some more PLA soon as well 2 out of ten done so far and that's flying for me.
Will post pictures as these projects take flight.
Thanks again
D

Offline Col.Stone

• Mastermind
    • The compound
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 02:11:50 AM »
hehe, i know how it is, i'm a slow painter as well, usually :)

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 04:10:37 AM »
Thanks chuckaroobob for the  hobby armor depot link I've been eyeing his stuff his T-62 does'nt look bad at all for the price ;) and lots of other goodies to keep you interested.Col. slow painter I think not the proof is in the numbers 400 figs My God man slow down :D ,but cngratulations on your milestone for sure.I had one last summer where I finished buying all of the HLBSco 40mm Russians for my 40mm russian civil war project I still only have about 20 done LOL ,but I will keep plugging away on that project as well.
D

Offline Col.Stone

• Mastermind
    • The compound
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 06:10:11 PM »
hehe longterm project, not all done painting all of them, i bounce between projects :)

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 07:25:39 PM »
O.K.
I've made my mind up so here goes I ve decided to start with the Mid east armies first and have already placed an order with Newline and sloppy Jalopy to kick this off. I will be posting work in progress pictures as soon as I fix my main computer of my buildings I've done this weekend and hopefully what I receive in the mail ;).
As for the Fulda gap project I have chosen Canadians(after reading first contact again) with a U.S. Airborne Attachment against a Soviet motor rifle battalion both of these will be long term projects, I plan on using MOFO's Argentine Marines for the Canadians mixed with Mongrels Brits and U.S. all Soviets will be Mongrel.
I think I will be able to get a good chunk of the mid east project done over the next few weeks as I will be at home resting from another surgery on my arm.
Thanks for all the helpful info it truly helped in the desicion making process.
D