Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:58:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686454
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Future Wars Dino Hunters  (Read 4238 times)

Offline Boggler

• Scientist
Future Wars Dino Hunters
« on: July 03, 2007, 08:20:15 AM »
I'm looking for some minis to use as modern day / futuristic dinosaur hunters for Saurian Safari. I've got Victorians and I've got Pulp era hunters but I thought it would be fun to try out a Predator style dinosaur hunt.

The first thought was to use Copplestone figures but I was wondering if you had any other suggestions? e.g. I had a look at some Assault Group special forces at Salute and they looked OK.

Any ideas?

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
Future Wars Dino Hunters
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 10:53:48 AM »
Westwind Miniatures - Road Kill range has some modern/near future troopers and swat teams.
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline revford

• Mastermind
Future Wars Dino Hunters
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 04:02:33 PM »
Hasslefree have a range of slightly futuristic adventurers that could be good for a Dino hunt.

The TAG models I have, modern British Paratroopers,  a really nice, on the large end of 28mm.  They double up as UNIT and my Stargate Recce force.
Gav Ford
revford@gmail.com

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
Future Wars Dino Hunters
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 07:53:13 AM »
Em-4 have some near-future/modern types that might be suitable, mostly motorbike gangs and armed police types, but nice enough figures.
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Buzgob

• Librarian
Future Wars Dino Hunters
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 09:41:41 AM »
How about Foundry's gangwar miniatures?

Offline TadPortly

• Mad Scientist
    • http://www.oxfordhousehold.co.uk/
Future Wars Dino Hunters
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 12:42:25 PM »
While I hate to advertise the "Evil Empire", "Scope" and "Fingers" from this page could be suitable:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=COMP0105133&orignav=10

Other options are the Street Violence range.  SV1/8 and SV5/4 look to be promising :

http://www.wargamesfoundry.com/collections/SV/index.asp

Finally, you could convert "Pulp" hunters with a little greenstuff - Hunting Rifles haven't really changed that much.
They were all drawn to the Keep; the soldiers who brought death; the father and daughter fighting for life; the people who have always feared it; and the one man who knows its secret....

Offline revford

• Mastermind
Future Wars Dino Hunters
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 12:46:41 PM »
I've got some of the Foundry models too, very nice, quite big, but a stinger on the postage.

Offline Buzgob

• Librarian
Future Wars Dino Hunters
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 04:45:37 PM »
Yup, Street Violence is what I meant. Shipping charges are free at Foundry if you order 115 Euro's or more (for Europe, UK must have better arrangements), so maybe you can order together with someone. Or just buy a lot yourself  :wink:

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
Future Wars Dino Hunters
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 09:52:12 PM »
Managed to find the links.

I thought the cop hero with assault cannon looks sufficiently like a sniper to be possible :

http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalog/COPS.html

He's a nice figure and paints quite well.

Offline Pappa Midnight

• Mastermind
  • Web-Fu 10th Dan Blackbelt
    • Pappa Midnight Presents Displaced Miniatures
Future Wars Dino Hunters
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 11:38:43 PM »
Hmm...missed this post before.
I like the idea of Modern Dino hunting. I would use any well armed modern mini and have a dino outbreak in a city. The local animal control trying to sort out a beserk Steg appeals to me! :)

PM
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying.

Offline 3Fingers2

• Librarian
Re: Future Wars Dino Hunters
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2022, 07:37:20 PM »
Hmm...missed this post before.
I like the idea of Modern Dino hunting. I would use any well armed modern mini and have a dino outbreak in a city. The local animal control trying to sort out a beserk Steg appeals to me! :)

PM
After watching the new Jurassic film last night I thought this would be a good idea and remembered seeing topics on here ,
dinos vs hunters with modern weapons sounds interesting also could have rival gangs shooting out at a Dino black market with escapees adding to the danger ?

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2022, 08:31:04 AM »
Even though the setting is post-apoc, there are some usable miniatures in the Drowned Earth game. The setting revolves around dino hunting, so there's that at least. Some of the minis are pretty out there, with anthropomorhic animals all around, but there are also some more grounded figures in the range...

Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2022, 09:13:28 AM »
I'm not even sure Anvil Industries was about when this thread was started lol, but their PMC range is worth a look.

I've been trying to create some unarmed adventurer types recently (eg Brad Pitt in World War Z), and they're a good starting base. I haven't found usable arms yet, but the search continues.

Reaper Chronoscope is always worth a rummage, as there's a broad range of subjects covered

Offline zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2022, 09:41:29 AM »
I don't think it's still available, but there is a set of rules for dinosaur hunting in the modern era called Dinoproof.

The reason I don't think it's still available is that I bought a copy from the LAF memeber who wrote them as he was getting rid of the rest of his stock.

It was by Glenn and Geoff Allen if you want to try to track it down.

I really should bring the dinosaurs down from the loft and play a game one of these days ;D

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2022, 09:46:03 AM »
I'm not even sure Anvil Industries was about when this thread was started lol, but their PMC range is worth a look.

Holy fossils!  :o  I hadn't even looked at the date of the original post. This thread is a dinosaur itself!  lol