Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:59:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A question of scale  (Read 2791 times)

Offline Maenoferren

• Bookworm
    • Triple Ace Games
A question of scale
« on: July 05, 2007, 11:14:52 PM »
SORRY in advance if this has been brought up before - I am interested in some of North Star's Project x stuff but me being as anally retentive as I am I want the figures to sit well with the others on the table. I have figs ranging from Artizan, westwind, black tree  and got the darkson designs german stuff recently. I know the Darkson figures are more anatomically correct in terms of scale which makes them seem a little smaller than the rest. I just need to know that anything new is not going to be huge or tiny by comparison. (I am still miffed the mkIV and T34 resin tanks I bought are too small  and I bought them 2 years ago!)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
THanks
Stephen

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
A question of scale
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 11:23:13 PM »
Well for one thing Projekt X figures aren't 28mm, they are 36mm, or 1/48th scale. So they aren't even designed to match those other ranges. The fact that they are on big display-style slottas doesn't help matters either.

Having said that, with the more monstrous figures it doesn't really matter. Who says exactly how tall a werewolf is supposed to be? But the ordinary humans might be more of a problem.

I have a bunch from this range and will be using them on smaller bases with my 28mm figs, I think they fit in just fine. But then again I don't have any of the humans, just the abominable creations of Nazi SuperScience.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
A question of scale
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 02:19:20 AM »
Señor Polynikes is correct. The Projekt X line was designed to go with 1/48 scale figures/vehicles/etc.

That being said, I use their Storm of Steel robots and some of their abominations with regular 28mm.

But if you're looking to get their S&M chicks to go with your Darkson Germans, the scale will be off. If you decide you want to go to the larger scale, I believe Jim Bowen's stuff for Monolith is also 1/48.
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Maenoferren

• Bookworm
    • Triple Ace Games
A question of scale
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 08:44:58 PM »
thanks guys - it was more the monsters I was interested in, as you said how big is a werewolf... It was just I didnt want huge ones which looked too unrealistic.
Once again thanks for your help
Cheers
Stephen