Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:10:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Zombies-Weapons of mass destruction,Pic heavy.  (Read 2618 times)

Offline General M@yhem

• Scientist
Zombies-Weapons of mass destruction,Pic heavy.
« on: June 30, 2010, 11:57:59 PM »
Hi,
A few weeks ago, I set up a game at my local group. The premise was as follows...
It was set in the early days of the second gulf war. US troops were searching for weapons of mass destruction. Intel had been intercepted leading to an isolated settlement that had WMDs. Teams were to use extreme prejudice. Evac would be by Helicopter(or so they thought!). We used the All Things Zombie Rules by Two Hour wargames.Each player(3) took a 4 man squad of troops. Here are some pics of what happened.Apologies for iffy quality.

Despite what looks like a massacre in the making in the last few pics , the team only lost one man.He was evaced out by Hummer.Everyone else legged it. Little did they realise that their buddy was now carrying the infection out side of the controlled zone...

« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 09:02:58 PM by General M@yhem »

Offline General Roos

• Mastermind
Re: Zombies-Weapons of mass destruction,Pic heavy.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 12:06:00 AM »
Lovely. Too few zombies though.
Current projects:
A Fistful of Kung Fu

Offline General M@yhem

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 12:15:02 AM »
Lovely. Too few zombies though.

There were more honest! I just forgot to photgraph them! ;) If I did it again, I would roll for shots using Urban charts.It was the first time I'd run through the game and didn't want to overwhelm the players. As it turned out though, their autrifles were more than up to the job. I'd also have a small team of Iraqi 'survivors' to pour some fire on the troops.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 07:59:25 AM »
Nice!

You could have always had him turn in the hummer, that always adds a nice twist to the game I find, (my last battle report, one of the troopers turned in the helo as it was leaving the table... very cinematic!).

Like the alternative theme too, ZMD's: I've read the comic, so have you thought about spawn points to reflect the story line?

Cheeta's done some zombie storage units, (sci-fi crates from Fenris Games) would be worth taking a look at those, oh and the turtleback and softback Hummers that Fenris do to bulk up your motorpool (got em and love em).

Finally nice Tag rangers/marines, like the colour scheme, very accurate.

Cheers

The Commander

Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 12:12:05 PM »

Thats a fun looking set up :)  The buildings look great.

Like Mattias I reckon that you need a few more zombies though.

Like the alternative theme too, ZMD's: I've read the comic, so have you thought about spawn points to reflect the story line?

Cheeta's done some zombie storage units, (sci-fi crates from Fenris Games) would be worth taking a look at those

My spawn points are here

The blue Fenris crates are based on a concept from a book called Patient Zero.  That book is all about Zombie WMDs (although most of the action takes place in the US). 

I enjoyed elements of it (and there is loads of stuff that is ripe for gaming) but it read a little to much like a Van Damme movie for my tastes.  It might be worth a look if you like gaming that setting though.

There are more photos and more blah blah about my Patient Zero spawn point on my blog (along with a small comment by the author of Patient Zero too, which I wasnt expecting :D  )

Offline Big Sexy

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 04:51:31 PM »
Cool game.  Your overhead photos makes me think of a shot from satellite or a UAV.

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 08:00:30 PM »
Great scenario, General :)
Its a very cool idea, and I can really see it being developed further with Baghad city centre :)