Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:15:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690721
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Another Aliens/Space Hulk Project, looking for suitable Square Resin bases?  (Read 5721 times)

Offline geronimo

• Scientist
    • Fenris Games eBay store
The Fenris ones were the initial benchmark for what I wanted, I was just thinking 'if they were available in square'! More than happy to hold out for them Ian as its going to take me a while to put them together anyway. The choice of resin is that I feel if you are only doing a few 'elite' or special figs that modern future wars lends itself to so well, then its worth the effort to give them decent bases. That and the fact the Fenris ones are rather spiffing. Not sure what the term frothy means though?!

Okay, will bump them up the to-do list. Couple of major jobs to get out of the way this week, then it's onto new stuff duties: hopefully will have these ready within the next couple of weeks.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.

Well while you're waiting for the square ones, you can see the quality of the resins, lovely bases, great to paint, you won't be disappointed.

The Commander
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
My original board for FASA game uses plastic window screening for the grating. Cutting squares for a gazzilion bases would be no problem.

Now, if you try to do the board the same way I did, another story entirely...

After gluing the proper sized piece of screen to a bit of plywood, I made a small 'tool' from a bit of sprue with a notch cut down the center, and put a bead of modeling putty in the groove and ran it down to make the edges of each floor plate. TOOK FOREVER.

@CV Damn, those ARE pretty...

I think Epicast did something similar, but I don't recall that quality. Course, maybe it's just your painting... ;->=

Doug

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
@CV Damn, those ARE pretty...

I think Epicast did something similar, but I don't recall that quality. Course, maybe it's just your painting... ;->=

Trust me, its NOT his painting ..... although Vyper is pretty handy with a paintbrush...

;):D

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Trust me, its NOT his painting ..... although Vyper is pretty handy with a paintbrush...

;):D

Thanks.... I think   ;D

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
Thanks.... I think   ;D

:D

VERY nice paintjobs matey - i've never taken that much pride in my bases - having said that i've discovered the allure of geronimo's resin bases....

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
:D

VERY nice paintjobs matey - i've never taken that much pride in my bases - having said that i've discovered the allure of geronimo's resin bases....

I have a two drawer base filing cabinet... it's all Ian's fault!   lol

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
i blame him too!

lol

Offline gunnermax2

• Assistant
Frothy indeed, thanks for the pics they look great