Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:00:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691128
  • Total Topics: 118375
  • Online Today: 905
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: ACW2 Nationalists Cheat!!!  (Read 2842 times)

Offline Black Cavalier

• Scientist
  • Pro Rege et Regnum
ACW2 Nationalists Cheat!!!
« on: July 10, 2010, 08:28:35 AM »
I'm sure Skrapwelder will be along shortly to wow everyone with his pretty pictures of the 1st game of our new ACW2 campaign tonight, but don't believe him.  Between opening firing on underage minors who were just trying to deliver the morning newspaper & indiscrimiately bombing of civilian targets (a brewery for god's sake), they obviously are waging a war of terror that they will ultimate loose.
Remember, remember, the Dalek December
With Paris in ruins and London in ember
In times of the future when fears are abating
Don’t try to forget them, the Daleks are waiting
Quietly planning and scheming and hating…

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
Re: ACW2 Nationalists Cheat!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 08:40:18 AM »
underage minors
  ???

Keep away from that distillery.........   8)

Just how young is an "underage minor"?   :o
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline leadfool

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 09:00:25 AM »
The Facists were terrible.
For goodness sake they destroyed the Brewery with indiscriminate Artillery fire.  What kind of force representing Law and Order brings Naval guns to a truck auction.   If they wanted those vehicles so badly all they had to do was bid, not shoot the place up. 
Luckily because a well timed withdrawl on my part most of my forces were not killed, and all equipment was recovered. 

I have heard a rumor that the newspaper delivery youths are being sent to the Pretson School of Industry in Ione CA. Then again, the Facists did include some sailors, so you never know. 
FOUNDER OF THE D'ISREALI ARMY

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch.  Liberty is a well armed Lamb, contesting the vote.
B Franklin.    ----

Offline Alfrik

• Mastermind
  • Focus of Mission plus Logistics will carry the day
    • Armored Ink
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 05:48:14 PM »
As a duly deputized officers of the court that had been dispatched to investigate the 2 local allegations to wit:

Minors possessing machine guns, violating curfew, and truancy, wearing their shorts to long, lacking handkerchiefs and resisting arrest.

Secondus;

Locals were suspected of possession of stolen vehicles, the brewery was in violation, again, of the local tax stamp laws, to wit, the brewery workers work visas were not in order and several were cited bench warrants for mopery and dopery.

Upon arrival at the out skirts of the Monticello it was observed that there was an illegal and unlawful BBQ or some such underway centered on the Brewery, so the posse had to exert a firm control of the situation. Warrants were taped onto the 6inch artillery shells to be delivered post haste to the miscreants located at the environs of noted brewery.

We witnessed unlawful discharge of fire arms, violation of fire safety ordinances to wit blocking building access, non permit construction, and interfering with arrest and apprehension of said youths that we were originally dispatched to round up.

Paperwork with further charges will be posted.
http://armoredink.blogspot.com/

Painting Pledge for 2014 Cthulhu Wars and all expansions figures to paint! Arrrgh!

Offline Black Cavalier

• Scientist
  • Pro Rege et Regnum
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 06:56:32 PM »
 lol
/ooc very nicely done Alfrik

Offline Skrapwelder

• Mastermind
  • Pluviophile
    • What Ho, Cythereans!
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 09:06:59 PM »
All was not as it seemed in Monticello. Reports of unusual activity had been coming in for weeks. What was supposed to be a used car auction was actually a front for a Constitutionalist Youth exploitation Camp. The story our correspondent received from several of the rescued boys was quite different from what the Constitutionalists would like you to think.

This was claimed to be a civilian gathering in the brewery. If so it surely must be the cast party for the local stage production of Dr. Zhivago. Nothing brewing here but trouble!

Here you can see the pitiful conditions the young newsboys were forced to endure. Ten boys were packed into this abandoned outhouse. Packed in so tight they had to sleep standing on one another's shoulders. One of the boys said that after the floor of the outhouse collapsed they had more room. They were told not to get used to it as a pack of Webelos would be joining them soon.

The full report can be found here:

http://rotanddrivel.com/Campaign_Game_1.html

Offline dondi63

• Schoolboy
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 11:49:05 PM »
This really looks like a great game.  I won't make it next Friday as I have to go camping with the Cub Scouts and the following Friday going with the family camping.  Say, I wonder where the BSA stands in this scrap?  I would say they would be with the Constitutionists.  But may be not .  Hopefully I will make GE on July 30th

Offline Baldrick

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 02:28:12 AM »
I am appalled by this travesty.  Shooting underage minors, well, I don't know any other type of minor, and let to be honest, they were probably annoying kids.

To destroy a brewery.  That is reprehensible and the persons involved should be placed on trial, convicted and then executed.
I have a cunning plan... as cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University.

Offline leadfool

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 09:03:53 AM »
Baldrick I agree, but the law seems to be on the side of those that destroyed the Brewery.  However in 1934 I think Brewerys were still illegal so it is not entirely suprising that the cops would blow it up.  Expecially if it was late with the weekly payoff.

underage minors are redundant, overage minors are wargamers. 

Offline Black Cavalier

• Scientist
  • Pro Rege et Regnum
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 04:46:01 PM »
The Cullen-Harrison act amended the Volstead Act & allowed 3.2% beer to be made & was signed into law on March 23, 1933.  The Volstead Act was fully repealed by the 21st Amendment on December 5, 1933.

Since many breweries survived prohibition by selling ice & brewing medicinal concoctions, I'm not sure if the term Brewery was kept in the company names during the dark times.

Offline Skrapwelder

• Mastermind
  • Pluviophile
    • What Ho, Cythereans!
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 05:21:48 PM »
You may or may not be able to note but the Worley Brewery does have the motto: The Prince John of Beers so its probably not known for its potency.

Offline dondi63

• Schoolboy
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 04:37:36 AM »
The question is was the Volstead Act repealled in this universe?  Prehaps, if it was not,  that is why we have the 2nd Civil War?  I wonder if we have a faction of Prohibitionists involved?

Offline leadfool

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2010, 06:27:13 AM »
We could have radical prohibitionists and anti-Prohibitionists.  The APs would get invited to all the parties, the RPs would not. 
BTW Dondi63, who are you?  Sacramento?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 07:19:30 AM by leadfool »