Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:06:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Clash of Titans - NUTS Eastern Front source book available  (Read 2282 times)

Offline SBMiniaturesGuy

• Mad Scientist
    • SBMiniguys Blog for all things OstFront
Clash of Titans - NUTS Eastern Front source book available
« on: July 16, 2010, 04:16:58 AM »
Two Hour Wargames has just announced the new "Clash of Titans - NUTS Eastern Front" skirmish source book for gaming the Eastern Front.

Clash of Titans - NUTS Eastern Front

"WE COUNT ON YOU FOR OUR SURVIVAL."

Clash of Titans covers the war between Germany and the Soviet Union from 1941-1945. The Eastern Front, as it was known, spanned over one thousand miles and was the largest theater of war ever seen in human history.

Called the “Great Patriotic War” by the Soviets and the “War Against Bolshevism” by the Germans, the Eastern Front saw the most savage battles of World War 2. From close quarters combat amongst the ruins of great cities to tank duels on the Russian steppes, the carnage of the Eastern Front accounted for nearly half of the total civilian and military casualties of the War. Seven out of eight German casualties occurred on the Eastern Front. It was a rare and lucky soldier who survived the entire conflict.

WELCOME TO THE EASTERN FRONT
….GOOD LUCK, YOU’LL NEED IT!

Clash of Titans is the Eastern Front source book which allows you to portray the sharp end of a wide range of actions -- from the close combat of partisan raids to long range tank actions upon the wide open steppes.

The book includes unit and equipment lists for the Soviets, Germans, Italians (8th Army), Romanians, Hungarians and Finns -- all the major combatants on the Eastern Front from 1941 to 1945, plus rules for cavalry and bicycle troops, parachute landings, amphibious operations, Stuka attacks, city fights, and much more. Clash of Titans allows you to play one-off battles or entire campaigns that can be based around any of the main combatants and campaigns on the Eastern Front. Clash of Titans includes six sample scenarios that span the course of the war – from Barbarossa to Berlin. This is the Eastern Front.

SURVIVE OR DIE…
IT'S ALL UP TO YOU.!

Clash Of Titans

http://www.angelfire.com/az3/twohourwargames/NUTSEasternFront.htm

This is my first book published with them, so I'm really excited about it. The Eastern Front has been my focus for a long time, and I hope gamers will enjoy reading and using this supplement a much as I have enjoyed writing it! I'm happy to answer any questions about it.
Cheers!!
Play the game, not the players!
http://sbminisguy.wordpress.com/
Author for THW/NUTS, Rebel Minis, HR Games

Offline n815e

• Mad Scientist
Re: Clash of Titans - NUTS Eastern Front source book available
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 02:39:48 PM »
I'll put it on my wish list!
I like Nuts.

Offline Weird WWII

• Mastermind
  • Keep it WEIRD!!!
    • Weird WWII
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 11:40:55 PM »
Congrats JC! 

I can say I knew you, ;)
Brian
Keep it WEIRD!

Offline SBMiniaturesGuy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 11:49:57 PM »
LOL! Thanks,  I still have aspirations of doing some NUTS Weird Wars weirdness someday!!

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 11:53:39 PM »

Cool... and Crusader Miniatures USA just release a bunch of Russian Infantry in winter uniforms :D
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline SBMiniaturesGuy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 12:00:11 AM »
There are rules for Winter war in the new book covering Snow (movement and visibility), the effects of Cold, and new rules for "Privation" to simulate the effects of exposure, fatigue and illness on your figures. If you do scenarios or campaigns in an urban setting, the toughest for the defender is a "Kessel" scenario in which your figures are considered Out of Supply and subject to Low on Ammo and Low on Fuel rules, as well a Privation effects. But who knows, a few Urban Chaos random events can help you recover Privation levels -- Grandmother Tschi my show up with a pot of cabbage soup if you're lucky!

Offline SBMiniaturesGuy

• Mad Scientist