Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:57:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690598
  • Total Topics: 118339
  • Online Today: 840
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Battlewagons  (Read 7111 times)

Offline BattlewagonBruce

• Scientist
Battlewagons
« on: July 17, 2010, 11:16:58 AM »
Please bear with me as I work this out.

I am going to try and post some shots of my stuff. If it works I will put some of my FATs and MATs on.

[C:\Users\joanne\Pictures\2010-03-11 sas1]

Offline BattlewagonBruce

• Scientist
Re: Battlewagons
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 11:31:52 AM »
It did not work. In the interim here is a link to an album of my some of the vehilces I do.

http://cid-32681deac0223e85.skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?page=play&resid=32681DEAC0223E85!118&Bpub=SDX.Photos&Bsrc=GetSharingLink

Offline BattlewagonBruce

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 12:56:50 PM »
I think I have worked it out - here goes

Offline Hauptgefreiter

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 01:03:35 PM »
I think I have worked it out - here goes

Close, but you have to click on the pic and then copy the URL between the img
that would be: http://public.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pr3ogclcxG30aQj0vOETQzWFCmqped8v4PWbQZT91aQHH9SLORrPGivYUdbBp9NmawSpp93eSt8ZaTqNHRFOWkQ/Picture%20873.jpg?psid=1
and looks like

Hope this helps ;)
Btw, nice work
per aspera ad astra

Offline BattlewagonBruce

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 01:11:51 PM »

I followed your instructions I think.

Thanks

BB

Offline BattlewagonBruce

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 01:12:34 PM »
My goodness it worked!

Offline Hauptgefreiter

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 01:18:59 PM »
Glad I was able to help :)

Offline BattlewagonBruce

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 01:22:15 PM »
I have posted some shots on the C8 Morris topic - hope this helps theguy who was looking ofr these.

What do you think of the models. I am lokking to build this into a business. Next stage is to get a vehicle diecast.

BB

Offline Calimero

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 02:20:25 PM »

Really nice work… But would it be possible to tell us from which manufacturers these figures and vehicles are from? ::)
A CANADIAN local hobby store with a small selection of historical wargames miniatures (mainly from Warlords). They also have a great selection of paint and hobby accessories from Vallejo, Army painter, AK Interactive, Green Stuff World and more.; https://www.kingdomtitans.ca/us/

Offline BattlewagonBruce

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 06:00:41 PM »
I recycle old toy castings from the 1930's to 1980's, such as Dinky, Corgi, Solido amongst others. I have built up a stock of a few hundred(I will never run out at the spped I refurbish them). I have my own cast range of details which I use to transform the vehicles, as well as falling back on my AFV modelling for a bit of scratch building.

Most of my stuff is done to order, I am pretty slow at producing the stuff(about three weeks), as it is all hand made!

These details I have are things like the shovels, mgs, gun barrels, smoke dischargers and so forth. I also have my own small range of crew figures, but I also use Warlord, TAG, and Artizan - all excellent castings.

I am currently putting the plans and finance together to get my first diecast hulls made. I am considering which vehicle to go for. Would have to be WW2, as that is what I know.

I have posted some before and afters shots of my SU-100 below to give you an idea of how I do it.

I sell on Ebay and by order. The SU-100, for example is £65 plus P&P as a finished item.

I only used knackered items, that are only fit for restoration, but some are rare, like the Dinky Light tank below, which I did as Kings Royal Irish Hussars (two of my figures and one Warlord -Bolt Action). As they are knacker, I don't feel like a vandal when cutting open turrets and hatches etc!

regards

BB

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2010, 08:23:43 PM »
They certainly are fantastic looking models!  :)

Wearing my official moderators hat though and not trying to be a killjoy... I think that casting your own hulls may be breach of copyright, as they are not your own product. Someone somewhere will own the rights to the models.

The conversions are fine, as is adding the extra details and the cutting and chopping. As owner of the model you can do to it what you wish and sell it on with no comebacks. Once you start producing the hulls though,you may be in trouble. I think you might need some expert legal advice on this before carrying on.

Offline BattlewagonBruce

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 08:57:31 PM »
No, I am not going to cast the existing hulls, I just reuse these, which, as you say is perfectly OK.

I am currently starting masters to put into production from scratch, of something not covered by any historic, as it were, diecast companies.

Looking at a Kubelwagon as maybe the first outing, as it is reasonably straight!

Sorry for giving the wrong impression

BB

Offline Arlequín

• Galactic Brain
  • Culpame de la Bossa Nova...
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2010, 11:47:02 PM »
That's good to hear and thanks for clearing that up.  :)

I'll look forwards to seeing more of your work in that case and hope your venture works out for you!

Offline BattlewagonBruce

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010, 09:59:26 PM »
Here are some in progress photos of the Divisional HQ set I am working on. I will probably sell in smaller sets, so that people can build up a full set. The idea is each arm of service is present at an O Group (Orders Briefing to non military types ;))

So there is: Armoured Recce(armoured car), Motor Inf Battalion (scout car), Provost (MP's) with a jeep, DIV HQ (AEC Armoured Command Vehicle), Royal Artillery (Chevy Staff car - still in NATO grey at top of shot).

I will do more add-ons as time goes by.

What do people make of this - is this less fighting type set of interest? I have still to decide which Div to do - I am thinking Guards Armoured, but 7th or 8th Armoured are in the running!

regards

BB

Offline SBMiniaturesGuy

• Mad Scientist
    • SBMiniguys Blog for all things OstFront
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010, 11:41:55 PM »
"I don't feel like a vandal when cutting open turrets and hatches etc!"

I LOVE the Dinky conversion, awesome! What did you use to cut open turrets and hatches? I tried using a Dremel cutting tool, that said on the package that the tool can cut metal but it barely scored the die cast hull of a Solido R-35 I'd like to modify. Thanks!!
Play the game, not the players!
http://sbminisguy.wordpress.com/
Author for THW/NUTS, Rebel Minis, HR Games