Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:52:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Soda Pop Miniatures Models Review..  (Read 1695 times)

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
Soda Pop Miniatures Models Review..
« on: September 01, 2010, 05:44:47 PM »
Today I posted a review of a small variety of Soda Pop Miniatures Models...

http://wargameguru.weebly.com/review---soda-pop-miniatures-models.html

Enjoy!

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
Re: Soda Pop Miniatures Models Review..
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 08:44:27 PM »
Good review...

I'm not really a fan of the subject matter, or the 'anime' style.

Offline Viper

• Mad Scientist
  • Sunny Scotland
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 10:01:24 PM »
Good review indeed, covers everything important I could think of and then a wee bit more.

For me I'm not a huge fan of the way the faces on most of the Soda Pop miniatures have been sculpted, I guess they are trying to be similar to a more simplistic anime/manga style (which is by no means all of them as I'm a massive fan of animes and mangas which rediculous level of detail).

I actually really like the Kenobo model, unlike the human models the face is very detailed and seems to be a great sculpt and I think the demonic/human mixed warrior style is very well captured.

It would be interesting to have a similar review of the mecha models, I'm a huge fan of mechs, mecha and robots of any style really though I do tend to preffer a more industrial/military looking style to the more common anime style mechas.
Nemo me impune lacessit
Wha daur meddle wi' me?

Offline WarGameGuru

• Scientist
    • WarGameGuru
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 12:38:24 AM »
Good review indeed, covers everything important I could think of and then a wee bit more.

For me I'm not a huge fan of the way the faces on most of the Soda Pop miniatures have been sculpted, I guess they are trying to be similar to a more simplistic anime/manga style (which is by no means all of them as I'm a massive fan of animes and mangas which rediculous level of detail).

I actually really like the Kenobo model, unlike the human models the face is very detailed and seems to be a great sculpt and I think the demonic/human mixed warrior style is very well captured.

It would be interesting to have a similar review of the mecha models, I'm a huge fan of mechs, mecha and robots of any style really though I do tend to preffer a more industrial/military looking style to the more common anime style mechas.

I'm working on that, as I'd like to do a follow up covering the larger mecha-like models for their new game. Anime isn't entirely my thing either, but I do appreciate the whimsical look and style of Fiametta and Aya. With this kind of stuff you can get bright and wild with painting too, so it's a change from the norm of painting gritty sci-fi, fantasty and even historicals with all their earthy colors.