Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:57:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689749
  • Total Topics: 118292
  • Online Today: 821
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New Evolution Games gets a Kickstart  (Read 1966 times)

Offline NewEvolutionGames

• Bookworm
New Evolution Games gets a Kickstart
« on: July 22, 2010, 03:54:43 PM »
New Evolution Games has launched a Kickstarter project in an attempt to gain the funding needed to launch their first figure - a 28mm scale Ogre Enforcer, sculpted by Jason Weibe. Check it out at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1038676646/new-evolution-games-cyberslums-rules-and-ogre-mode

The Ogre Enforcer will be approximately 40mm tall, comparable to Ogre models from other popular ranges, and will be cast in high quality white metal. A member of the Dwarf SWAT team Slummer Crew, the Ogre Enforcer will have three variant heads available and at least two weapon arm options. Armed with the Ogre Battering ram, a breach-loaded oversized combination of grenade launcher and shotgun, the Ogre SWAT team is ready for war with his SWAT pants, combat boots, and a tank top rounding out the overall look and feel. Primarily for use with Cyberslums, the Ogre Enforcer will be designed to fit with other future/near future game lines, allowing you to use your model easily with your favorite system.

CyberSlums is a 28mm skirmish miniature game set in a Fantasy world that is all grown up. Dwarf SWAT teams battle for control against the Elvish Yakuza, while Human naturalists summon Earth Elements to battle the creations of Gnome Technowizards. Cybernetics turn your average human into a match for your neighborhood vampire, and street drugs like Abracadabra and Hocus Pocus can turn any ganger into a fire-throwing, lightning-bolt-summoning sorcerer at just the cost of their sanity.

In order to be a backer on Kickstarter, you will need to sign up for a Kickstarter account, but you will pay through Amazon payments. If you are uncomfortable or unable to sign up for a Kickstarter account but would like to contribute/pre-order, feel free to email us at newevolutiongames@gmail.com.

Thanks for the support!
Robert Fisher
Founder- New Evolution Games(Formerly New Evolution Studios)

Offline Pil

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • One shot at glory
Re: New Evolution Games gets a Kickstart
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 04:07:24 PM »
Sounds very interesting so I'd love to see more. For now I pledged 15 bucks for two of the models 8).
Let me hear the battle cry
Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly
Before the storm begins

Offline Wolfslord

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 04:12:45 PM »
I would like to pledge, this may sound weird to you guys from the US but somewhere in the world people don't need and therefore have credit cards ;) So sadly I can't make one.
My (work in progress) Wargaming Blog:
http://wwpd-wargaming-blog.blogspot.com/

Offline Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 04:41:53 PM »
I will be watching this one very closely since I've been looking for some Fantasy Cyberpunk figs recently....

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 08:11:12 PM »
Wolfslord,

I hadn't thought of that as an issue before now. Do you ever buy from other countries and if so how have you accomplished this in the past?

Robert

Offline Wolfslord

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 09:04:12 PM »
There is just one way I buy miniatures from all over the world: Paypal :)
It doesn't require a credit card, is fast as hell, although I can't tell if it the fees are worth it for a shop owner.

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 09:15:52 PM »
Wolfslord,

If you are still interested closer to the closing of the Project, I will arrange for a Third Party to "back" the project and will gladly accept the payment via Paypal. The reason I'd prefer to wait it two-fold, if the project is not successful it could be some time before I would be able to generate the funds to complete it and I would hate to have to refund your money. Additionally, all the other backers are not charged until the project is complete and successful so it would be a little unfair to hold on to your money.

Keep an eye out and let me know if you are still interested.