Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:10:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Medical Centre - WIP- Major Update (lots pics) 13-8-10  (Read 18509 times)

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
Re: The Medical Centre - WIP
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2010, 09:42:48 AM »
As I said earlier, not to denigrate anyone's work, but we all have genres/periods/nationalities that we shy away from for one reason or another. 
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline Captain Gamma

• Mad Scientist
    • https://killerbgames.co.uk/
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2010, 11:46:37 AM »
That's going to be a great model!

I don't think anyone was thinking of Friday nights in A+E scenarios.

But its going to be a fantastic last bastion against a zombie horde...............

Or a target for post apocalyptic vampire bikers in search of blood reserves!

Great stuff!
"Morning!"

Offline Braz

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2010, 03:17:30 PM »

Silversixx, yes there are other builds in various states of completion. I'll start posting some on their own threads when I get back.

Capt Gamma...good idea...a blood supply fridge for the Vamps. I see it in so many movies I can't believe forgot that.

I'm away camping for the week, not ignoring anyone.
Will post new stuff upon my return.
Thanks all.
Cheers and good gaming all.

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2010, 11:21:42 PM »
Braz - great start, have seen a few of your photos, and your work is very tidy - looking forward to how this develops.

:)

What are your plans for doors?

Plastic H-girders can be useful if you want drop-in doors - easy to replace intact, with damaged ones etc...

Bezzo - FFS...I feel for you, but don't jump on someone posting on a toy soldier forum.  Anything apoc/zombie/alien is probably going to have a medical centre in it, and your reaction, although understandable was way OTT (half my street work in our local A&E, so I have a vague idea of what goes on).  ;)

Offline M Blakey

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2010, 11:39:38 PM »
Bezzo i can definatly see why you got abit upset about it. my grandad was on the ambulence services for 35 years. He regularly came home with black eyes, blooded nose, split lip ect, from the yobs. He just said it never got to him because he also brought babies into the world helped people that were so greatful they turned up to funeral that is quite touching i'll always be extremaly proud of my gramps. Nothing but respect for what our NHS guys and gals have to deal with.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2010, 11:40:02 PM »
Ok enough of the NHS love in, I have to deal with this crap all day, don't need to face it in my hobby too!

(Leave the NHS ranting for the playground not the gaming forum)   ::)

And a quick, 'on topic' restart from one of those NHS Managers who does nothing apparently..  ;D

Hi all, thought I'd share one of the two big builds I have on the go. Presented here is the Medical Centre, good for all sorts of disaster scenarios. Phase 1 is what I am working on at the moment and consists of a stand alone building that would fit comfortably in a small town or suburb. The centre consists of an admissions area with an admin office and waiting area, two doctor offices/exam rooms, a multipurpose room which will either have diagnostics equipment (MRI, X Ray, etc...) or be used as a doctor's lounge, an emergency department with two trauma bays, a nurse's desk and an ambulance bay. Enough to get characters in or out of trouble.

Here are pictures of the dry fitting of parts to work out any kinks before texturing and assembly. Already a few fixes needed but not many.

" width="800" height="404" border="0[/url]

The parts:

Here is a picture with the Phase 2 board (with rough the floor plan drawn in) that will transform the centre into a full hospital by adding a three plus level tower with a surgical room, cafeteria, pharmacy, morgue, a specialties floor, ICU, pathology lab, patient rooms floor, rooftop helipad, etc. At least that's the plan for the future.

And some of the details: 2 inch high walls of foamcore or illustration board on a 9.5 x 19 inch 1/8inch thick mdf base.

C&C welcome.
Cheers

Nice for a quick and brutal 'patient zero' zombie prequel game, like this alot.

The Commander

« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 11:42:54 PM by Commander Vyper »
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline M Blakey

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2010, 11:40:25 PM »
forgot to add your medical center is excellent cant wait to see what it ends up like ! :-*

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2010, 09:14:23 AM »
Hi all, thought I'd share one of the two big builds I have on the go. Presented here is the Medical Centre, good for all sorts of disaster scenarios. Phase 1 is what I am working on at the moment and consists of a stand alone building that would fit comfortably in a small town or suburb. The centre consists of an admissions area with an admin office and waiting area, two doctor offices/exam rooms, a multipurpose room which will either have diagnostics equipment (MRI, X Ray, etc...) or be used as a doctor's lounge, an emergency department with two trauma bays, a nurse's desk and an ambulance bay. Enough to get characters in or out of trouble.

Here are pictures of the dry fitting of parts to work out any kinks before texturing and assembly. Already a few fixes needed but not many.

The parts:

Here is a picture with the Phase 2 board (with rough the floor plan drawn in) that will transform the centre into a full hospital by adding a three plus level tower with a surgical room, cafeteria, pharmacy, morgue, a specialties floor, ICU, pathology lab, patient rooms floor, rooftop helipad, etc. At least that's the plan for the future.

And some of the details: 2 inch high walls of foamcore or illustration board on a 9.5 x 19 inch 1/8inch thick mdf base.

C&C welcome.
Cheers

Is that one of the Emperor's finest seeking medical treatment?  :D

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Little Wars
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2010, 09:22:36 AM »
Just wanted to say I did acknowledge my reaction was far too emotional - in the post immediately before yours.

True Bezzo, and i'm not having a pop, but on LAF, you have the opportunity to edit your posts - i'm just saying that this might have been one of those times to have done so.

:)

Braz - are the clear doors on a bar hinge, or fixed in place?

I also like the way you've used the internal layer of thin card/paper to hide the perspex windows overlaps - nicely done!

:D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 09:26:25 AM by AKULA »

Offline fairoaks024

• Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2010, 01:36:05 PM »
really nice build, can't wait to see it finished and a game in progress,

regards

jim
Cult of the black goat cultist No.10

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2010, 01:52:49 PM »
When it comes to populating the centre with furniture etc... then Black cat, Fenris and Pardulon will serve you proud. (lockers, tables, chairs, computers, first aid cabinets etc...)

Looking good.

The Commander

Offline Smillie

• Librarian
    • dirtypaintpots
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2010, 04:35:40 PM »
Looking good, I take it the exterior walls are foam board and the thinner interior walls are illustration board?
http://dirtypaintpots.blogspot.com  - The now defunct Blog

Offline Rossyuk

• Assistant
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2010, 05:14:31 PM »
Nice, Any updates?

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2010, 10:23:19 PM »
By the way, biker bars aren't that bad - so long as you have a bike, love heavy metal and don't wear replica race leathers, of course  lol

Actually, one holiday (in the Netherlands) we found that the only place in town that was open on an evening was a biker bar.
They were really very appreciative of the two British tourists who came in to eat.
On the second evening they actually cleaned the table before we sat down.
We got waitress service too.
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Braz

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2010, 01:00:34 AM »
I'm back from camping...the mosquitoes did not suck me dry.
I did get a visit from the terrain building elves while I was away...a six ft high stack of 3 inch thick blue Styrofoam across from my house. Woohoo! Mountains and  hills and oh my :o
Unfortunately the construction crew tearing up my street say it's their's. Hoping to score some scraps though.

Smillie, yes the exterior walls are foam board with the interior walls of illustration board. Sometimes I use foam board on the interiors, but usually to denote armored walls.

Commander, thanks for the furnishing links.

Here's a bit of an update on the build. Base edged with paint, floor textures added, doors completed (Akula, see next post), and wall trim added. Recovered from incident involving cat and paint. Most walls glued to the base except for rear of building.

Next need to work on a few textures.

Cheers
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 11:38:32 AM by Braz »