Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:45:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690928
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 698
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pith helmet question  (Read 3732 times)

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
Re: Pith helmet question
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 11:14:34 AM »
Yeah, conversion would be a way to go, but I think it is also hard to find a model who would fit with a converted torch.

Well anyway, I also think the Reaper guy was supposed to be later period/pulp, but I think lot of pulp models fit quite well into the Victorian era, all the Artizan miniatures I have in the expedition is pulp miniatures but fit in fine. It is this Reaper guy who fits in the least.

There is still time before Horisont, so maybe I come up with something else before that, then we have this guy for testing the game untill then.

Offline Jonas

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • OUT OF PRINT!
    • Deathworld Adventures
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 11:42:38 AM »
Maybe I should make it a civilian/military joint operation?

These guys would probably make great torch bearers:

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 05:41:12 PM »
You could always say it is a military operation but with an assorted group of civilians tagging along due to Government or Royal interference. Every proper expedition needs at least one eccentric scientist or explorer. This could add some interesting friction between the two groups, due to different agendas, methods, personality clashes etc.

Those colour-bearers would make very impressive torch bearers. Just the sort of thing a well planned expedition should include.

Really, I wouldn't worry about how figures are dressed. Just do what looks good to you and mix and match figures as you wish. It's your VSF world, so no-one else can say you are wrong  ;)

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2010, 10:20:39 PM »
To me the fone to the left looks more like the NVA type of pith helmet, while the two others have the distinct beaked front, squared back appearance of a classic Wolseley.

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2010, 10:29:08 PM »
The two on the right aren't Wolseleys, H. They are of the style that preceded the Wolseley: Basically the same pattern as a British policeman's helmet (Zulu War style). The Wolseley is the type worn by Tommies in WWI: Flatter and with a more pronounced brim.

The Wolseley is a Victorian design, and was worn by British officers in the 1890s, so it is not an anachronism to see it on the same battlefield as the earlier type.

But I agree, the one on the left doesn't look like a Wolseley either. More like a civilian pattern, resembling, as you say, the NVA helmets, or the Austro-Hungarian tropical helmet for that matter.

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...