Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:47:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689492
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Return to the Valley that Time Forgot II: the complete campaign  (Read 20796 times)

Offline Tsune

• Scientist
Great Stuff!! a great source of ideas indeed!
waiting for more!
En españa supongo, en la primera foto aparece un vaso regalo de pans & company

Thank you and yes! I am from Spain. I am impresed you has seen the pans & company glass!...  :o

Offline Tsune

• Scientist
Great story, board, firgures etc, etc etc.
All good stuff
Looking forward to the next installment.
Like the rope idea too. May steal that idea in the future. It could lead to a lot of fun.
Thanks

Thanks! And yes, lots of fun with the rope. I now would rule that they have to turn/spin the rope two times before throw it to make it more fun!

Offline Tsune

• Scientist
Here I post a picture I have taken of the beast that sunk the boat, now hunting some preys:

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
Sweet monster and pj!
Wargame News and Terrain Blog, daily updated with the latest wargame news

Interested click https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
A great looking game - looks like a lot of fun!

Particularly liked the caged/crated animals (especially the ostrich) and the jungle pieces.

The pteradons look very nice - where are they from?
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline Tsune

• Scientist
A great looking game - looks like a lot of fun!

Particularly liked the caged/crated animals (especially the ostrich) and the jungle pieces.

The pteradons look very nice - where are they from?

Thank you!

The pteradons are the HLBS ones, that I think now sells North Star.

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
 :-*

Wow!  Great stuff. 

Envious in many ways here.  The terrain, the animals, the cages... very nice.

Offline mrborges

• Assistant
Seriously, these are some great scenarios.
The animals, the scenery, the monkey, and even the interaction among the scenario characters in the first scene are AMAZING.  What a complete, complete scenario.
The second one has some great action, as well.

A very inspiring first half of the campaign.  I truly look forward to the next scenarios.

I too will be borrowing some ideas I've picked up here.
Very impressive stuff.
Please do keep it up!

Now to go and see the first campaign :)

Offline SirAlban

• Librarian
 I love your scenery. Where you buy the flying miniatures bases?

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
How did I mis this for so long! This is too awesome for words.

Great scenery. Well-painted miniatures. And what appears to have been some fun scenarios.

I need to get across the pond one of these days for some gaming because between the UK, Spain, Germany, and a host of other countries, I am quite jealous of the games they put on.
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Eye candy!

Consider your phantoplasmic idea of making separate river board sections stolen....  :)

This way there's no need for placing strange looking river sections on top of the gaming surface - instead you just add a board to the layout. Great!

One of those will be next up after sanding, painting, and flocking a new 3x3 'earth' board. I have my office/study/hobby/gaming room ready at the new house, and have my elevated table in position - just need to find the glue and the sand, and spread out some newspapers to protect the carpet, then It's time for Rock'n'Roll  8)
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Tsune

• Scientist
Thank you all for your words.

I love your scenery. Where you buy the flying miniatures bases?

The flying bases are from GW. I had them for a long time and reuse them for the pteradons.

Consider your phantoplasmic idea of making separate river board sections stolen....  :)

This way there's no need for placing strange looking river sections on top of the gaming surface - instead you just add a board to the layout. Great!

One of those will be next up after sanding, painting, and flocking a new 3x3 'earth' board. I have my office/study/hobby/gaming room ready at the new house, and have my elevated table in position - just need to find the glue and the sand, and spread out some newspapers to protect the carpet, then It's time for Rock'n'Roll  8)

I thought the river board sections as an easy way to put wide rivers. I am thinking to do the same for some sea and beach board in the Innsmouth project.

And regarding the hobby room, you are a lucky man. Mine is going to vanish this month to be oficially the baby room...  :?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 09:12:45 PM by Tsune »

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
I thought the river board sections as an easy way to put wide rivers. I am thinking to do the same for some sea and beach board in the Innsmouth project.

Actually, it is possible to make both wide and narrow waterways this way - the narrower ones can be made curling/swirling.

Just sand the 'dry' areas and paint the water before giving it a coat of clear varnish, or water effect if that's how you like it. Then paint foam as necessary for strong currents and fords, and the likes....

And you can always add another 'land' board to the other side if needed....

And regarding the hobby room, you are a lucky man. Mine is going to vanish this month to be oficially the baby room...  :?

Well, my Master Plan comes together. Sort of. As stated, the room is not entirely for gaming, and I have to share it with my wife (she sews and makes jewellery, so sometimes she requires the mid-room table for cutting fabric and such). But I shall have my painting corner with little shelves for paints on the wall.  :)

In addition to the 200 sq.m. house there's a large garage with a huge attic for storage. Nice place to put the large boxes bristling with minis  ::)

Offline Tsune

• Scientist
As I am on  holidays, I had have some time to upgrade some ideas for the new scenarios. This is going to be the start of the next scenario. Fighting over the pit of death anyone?? And what are those terrible beings???

All the answers next week!! (probably we are going to play them monday or tuesday)

Offline DFlynSqrl

• Mastermind
All the answers next week!! (probably we are going to play them monday or tuesday)

I'm very much looking forward to it.  :)