Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:58:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690846
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Argonor's Kings of War plans - Project on stand-by  (Read 13688 times)

Offline Alfrik

• Mastermind
  • Focus of Mission plus Logistics will carry the day
    • Armored Ink
Re: Argonor's Kings of War plans - WIP update Oct 4th
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2010, 12:43:14 AM »
Rather liked the 2nd from the left in your array of gold figures.
http://armoredink.blogspot.com/

Painting Pledge for 2014 Cthulhu Wars and all expansions figures to paint! Arrrgh!

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2010, 06:44:35 AM »
Though the copper and gold looks nice as well.

Looks better in the pic than IRL, where the copper is a bit too red.

I think I'll try a dilluted wash of the old GW brown ink on the model with plain SG, and perhaps the same on one with plain BG.

And I really have to dig out that vampire I painted last year, with ancient gilded armour - that one turned out well, and I may be able to see what I used for basecoat/shade.

My Hobby Hour yesterday was spent on editing and uploading pics - which perhaps should become a regular feature for Mondays - either I should have played some games, or have painted some stuff, when a weekend has passed.  :)

And some of the evening was used for taking the pics, and for fixing some magnet diode(?) lights to my bicycle for the upcoming dark season. Unfortunately I have suffered an injury (some tendon inflammation) to my groin, so I have to get on the bike instead of running - I would not want to have been wasting the last 2 months' efforts for getting into shape and loose some weight (and waist circumference) - I actually managed to loose 5 kilos until now, which was the goal I had set for Christmas  ;)
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2010, 06:39:57 AM »
As everyone may have guessed, my efforts to get anything done since last post were thwarted by the pressures of real life.

The entire last week - both weekends included - we had taken vacation to get something done at the old place, and I really expected to get a little hobby time in the evenings, but we returned to our home so late in the evenings, that a quick meal and a short rest was all we could manage before crashing into our beds.

Next Sunday we'll return the keys of the old (rented) house, and then I'll need a couple of evenings tidying up/arranging the study/office/hobby room so as to make it less perilous to approach the painting desk, and generally speaking make the room less cluttered. Can't work amidst all that mess...

All in all I was too optimistic about working on this project alongside all the moving and redecorating, and I just hope that I can pick up the motivation to move forward, once we finish working on the old house (soon), and I get a little work done on the room.

It doesn't help, though, to read that Dewbakuk painted 30 plastic Mantic zombies in one day.....   >:D

Offline abhorsen950

• Mastermind
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2010, 10:22:41 AM »
Ahhhh, everybody hates real life! Its get in the way of everything  lol Can't wait to see what you come up with once you return posting.

Cheers
Steve

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2010, 11:03:39 AM »
As everyone may have guessed, my efforts to get anything done since last post were thwarted by the pressures of real life.

You're not the only one, mate.

Took a 10 day holiday and it's been hell to pay trying to catch back up every since....  >:(

P.S. Dewbakuk obviously has way too much free time!   ;)

Also looking forward to see progress on your army!   :)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2010, 12:17:59 PM »
Also looking forward to see progress on your army!   :)

Me, too!  lol

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2010, 05:37:04 PM »
This is a weirdly compelling topic. I'm exhausted just reading it.... :)

Doug

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2010, 07:47:04 PM »
Me, too!  lol

Tell yourself to get a move on then!

lol

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2010, 08:47:48 AM »
This is a weirdly compelling topic. I'm exhausted just reading it.... :)

Doug

Yeah - but actually, this is what happened to many projects in the past that now lie unfinished (not exactly the moving getting in the way, but then other events that prevented me form working, while I had the motivation to do so).

I thought that I'd try 'blogging' this one here to see, if keeping a record of my progress/reasons for delays will keep me focussed through all the obstacles, so that I'll not just throw it into a box with some moth balls....

We'll see. Right now my motivation is very low, but it may come back when I get the office cleaned out a bit. There's no turn-off like having to edge one's way to get to the painting desk.

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2010, 03:29:03 PM »
Paint them in you head!   o_o

That's what I do when I can't get to my brushes.   :)

Offline Doug ex-em4

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2010, 05:35:13 PM »
House-moving issues, eh...? I feel your pain. I've moved twice in the past 6 years and I still haven't found stuff from the first move - and that's just stuff I remember having. Goodness knows what's disappeared that I've forgotten about.

Only this week I was thinking "where are those ratmen?" (eventually found with a bunch of orcs). Where is my hot-glue gun. Found, minus glue sticks. Where is my modelling putty? etcetera.

So, for your to take on this project at such an inauspicious time is challenging but reading about your travails is inexplicably fascinating.

I'll now sit back and see what happens.

Good luck.

Doug

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2010, 06:23:12 PM »
As it has been 8 years since my last move, I had completely forgotten the 'I cannot find this, and I cannot find that - AAARRRGH!!!!' feeling.

I know, everything is there, but I have no idea in which box/bag/drawer...

And not just my little toys, also stuff like warm gloves, pullovers, wool caps, and other stuff I need for the coming cold season...

Well, as stated, after Sunday I can start to slowly get our new home habitable (now, we use the bedrooms, one bathroom, the kitchen, and approximately 1/4 of the living room - the rest is completely cluttered with furniture and boxes....).

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2010, 10:00:08 AM »
Paint them in you head!   o_o

That's what I do when I can't get to my brushes.   :)

I've got thousands of those. The trouble is, the paint all seems to fall off when you open the gates to the mountain  :(

I'm off for a week at the moment and I'd hoped to do lots of painting/terrain building. At the moment all I've done is lay flooring, tidy the garage and fix shelves etc. I was allowed monday afternoon and evening off, but that involved a trip to Birmingham to see the superb Alter Bridge in concert, so no gaming possible that night either  ::)

I'm rebelling tonight and sticking some more jungle to CDs and damn the consequences  lol

Offline Alfrik

• Mastermind
  • Focus of Mission plus Logistics will carry the day
    • Armored Ink
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2010, 01:45:57 PM »
"He as fearless I tell you, Gluteus strode down his path without a care of the consequences", it is poosible if you have raised your "wife faction" to very high level.... I get the Eye of Glare if its to low and I delve into my my painting... heh

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2010, 09:03:20 AM »
So, keys to the old house handed over, yesterday, without any swordplay involved.

I have to kill a mole in my own garden, though, it seems determined to turn my lawn into a mountainscape...  >:(

I expect to start tidying up around my painting desk today, and maybe I'll get time for a little brushwork each evening from now on. If I can just work an hour each day for starters, I'll get somewhere instead of nowhere...  :)

« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 08:15:52 AM by Argonor »