Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:14:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686652
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 815
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 28mm USMC with WIP  (Read 8775 times)

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: 28mm USMC
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010, 02:57:03 AM »
Absolutely stunning work on the camo pattern. I was as Camp Borden on the weekend in Ontario, and saw the Canadian Forces wwodland digital camo up close first hand. Although a different army and colour scheme, you did a terrific job!!
Thanks for sharing.
Regards,
Hitman
 8)
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 07:58:41 AM »
Presumably very soon. I suspect after the initiator of the 100 club request and his cohorts have received theirs, if they haven't already. Usually a photo essay of these on fellow LAFer Chronofus' website in fairly short order of the production run being cast. As the ones I saw were cast up I suppose you could say they are currently 'in production'.

I have a bit of a blind spot regarding Rhodesians, South Africans etc but I will have to buy a set just to paint up, they are just so beautifully sculpted. A guilty secret. Suppose I could can justify it has needing some 'bad guys'.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 06:58:33 PM »
I  can't wait your descriptions have made  me want these now :) even more then before. Thanks hitman have'nt seen much of the canadian woodland  camo is it closer to USMC MARPAT or the bundsewhere pattern flecktarn ? might have to paint some up in the future Oh Canada would give me an excuse to pick up some Company B strikers and convert them to LAVIII's with the addition of a LAV turret for service in A-stan. My plan is for Fire teams of all the major combatants serving in A-stan for this project.
D

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 07:19:07 PM »
Marpat is much closer to CADPAT as indeed it was based on it. If you can pull off MARPAT, which you clearly can, you'll do CADPAT. Actually I found the marine pattern was nowhere near as difficult as people seemed to think. Pixeated patterns look like small dots at any distance so it wasn't that hard. I'm happy with my efforts anyway. What has got me worried is doing up some Empress minis in the new Multicam, that looks like a real bugger.

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 08:11:03 PM »
I have reserved 1 figure out of my empress to attempt the multi cam myself , I still have to try my hand at the US armies ACU's without using salt and have 1 on the desk now to attempt this. I can only hope to do as good of a job as Keith did on his I will be using his as a reference I feel he nailed it for sure.

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
Re: 28mm USMC with WIP
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2010, 10:54:12 PM »
Well its been another productive week for me started these 2 guys on sunday and I am really pleased at how they are turning out.
They are both Empress figures one is an Army sniper and will be part of an EOD team the other is a Marine converstion  using hasslefrees M-16 sprue and pieces of the figures original rifle I was able to come up with this

Both are still works in progress , but I should be done with both sometime next week , then on to an 240G team and RTO.
Hope you like back to painting patterns.
D

Offline Keith

• Mastermind
    • Small Wars Blog
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2010, 11:06:16 PM »
Brilliant work - the conversion is genius!
An infrequent Blog http://small-wars.com

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2010, 11:22:49 PM »
Thanks Keith for the good word, I really enjoy painting these Empress guys they are very well done I have 4 other conversions to do , but they will all only be replacing the rifles this Marine was the most challenging to do because I did'nt want to damage any of the fine details  surrounding the waist. The groin plate was added to hide the join at the waist. Looking forward to ordering the Taliban as soon as the support weapons come out to do some heavy fightin' in A-stan.
Thanks again
D

Offline Keith

• Mastermind
    • Small Wars Blog
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2010, 10:21:51 AM »
Taliban support masters arrive this week - will be available in September :)

Offline M Blakey

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2010, 11:05:45 AM »
Taliban support masters arrive this week - will be available in September :)
that is some first class converting  :-*

anymore masters arrive Mr Keith? ::) ;)

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2010, 05:57:16 PM »
Keith that's great to hear, will you be posting any pictures as soon as you get the masters back? , and are there other sets in the offing coming in september that you can share?
Thanks MBlakey it really took alot of will to want to cut these beauties up , but I am very pleased my self at how it came out.
Keith can you direct me to where you gave your "how to" on painting multi cam? can't remember where I saw this but it is the next scheme in the que.
Thanks again.
D

Offline Keith

• Mastermind
    • Small Wars Blog
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2010, 07:22:47 PM »
Picture's will be ready when metal arrives, which will usually be a week or so before release. The masters are a real booger to photograph because they are usually very white.
There's certainly more to come this year - but probably not by the end of September (never say never though). Oh - actually I lie. There will alternative heads for the US figures with Night Vision equipment and mounts etc. which I'd expect before the end of the month too.

http://www.ambushalleygames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4674

Multicam linky  :)

Offline dsmith

• Scientist
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2010, 09:10:40 PM »
Great!!!  :-* can't wait for these, do any of the heads have regular goggles? or are they all NVG and their mounts
Thanks again for the link thats the one I only hope mine come out half as good as yours.
D