Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:04:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690654
  • Total Topics: 118342
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Historicon and my painted Martians AND an In-game shot now!  (Read 2379 times)

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
Despite a couple of snafus with miscommunication, we were able to run a couple of Fantastic Worlds games at Historicon. Illumisar receives the "Any problem is just an opportunity for me to shine award" as he jumped in to cover a bunch of empty slots.

I wish I could show you a whole bunch of pictures of the World's End game but after the wife absconded with digital camera for the bridal shower of her future sister-in-law and the fact that I was running the game late on Saturday after everyone had started to depart, you'll have to take my word for it that the game played out beautiffuly on Mark/Jerry's lava board.

The con-handout for FW flew off the table and despite bringing some extras with me on Saturday morning, we had nothing left by the time the last game ran.

I will show two pictures of the Bronze Age Wasteland Mutants and humans that I picked up from John Neuman after he and his girlfriends Jenna finsihed painting them.

I like how he painted them up from bright green to dull green gray as it makes it look like a nice age progression with the younger Tharks as bright green and the oldest as almost gray.

The two human figures were painted up by Jenn and here is a close up of them with the Leader of my Martian force.

Now it's just time to prepare for GenCon (where I will definitely have more pictures!)
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Pappa Midnight

• Mastermind
  • Web-Fu 10th Dan Blackbelt
    • Pappa Midnight Presents Displaced Miniatures
Historicon and my painted Martians AND an In-game shot now!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 11:13:35 PM »
WOW! Those are stunning! :love:   :o   :love:

The use of colour to suggest age is brilliant and the flesh tones on the "humans" is awesome.

I will really have to pick up some of thes minis. I've no use for them gaming wise, but they are lovely figures.

PM
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying.

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
Historicon and my painted Martians AND an In-game shot now!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 04:28:45 PM »
And an in-game shot from Andy Cowell.

Two groups of Tharks race to get off the board. You can just catch a glimpse of Kip Kincaid on the left, this was after he failed his Dodge and Brawn checks and plummetted into the waiting lava (only to have some collapsing rock fall ahead of him, thereby saving him but causing him to drift off the board.)

http://www.littleleadheroes.com/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=hcon07-sat&id=agg